Author Topic: ZooTV - It was 20 years ago today - my first U2 concert  (Read 721 times)

Offline peggy2ten

• Stateless
ZooTV - It was 20 years ago today - my first U2 concert
« on: August 15, 2012, 03:08:51 PM »
I was 39 and didn't go to that many concerts anymore which is why it took me so long to finally see U2 at RFK Stadium in Washington, DC.  Saw both shows - on the 15th and 16th.  Had floor seats in the back on the 15th (best I could get after sleeping outside of the stadium to get tickets!) and 12th row on the 16th -  $ 100 from a scalper (sure seems cheap now).  I was hooked after the 2nd show.  Thirty three shows in 13 cities and 3 countries later; veteran of many GA and Red Zone lines, and many thousands of dollars poorer,  I'm still a huge fan and can't wait until the next tour.  Thanks to Propaganda and U2.com, no more waiting in line for tickets.  Thanks to @U2, I've been able to follow all of the news, reviews and tour strategy tips from fellow fans. And, thanks to my patient husband (not a U2 fan, although he's been to some of the shows with me).   I'm now 59 and he's given up hope that I'll grow out of this.

Offline mdmomof7

• Holy Joe
  • Im born again to the latest sound
Re: ZooTV - It was 20 years ago today - my first U2 concert
« Reply #1 on: August 15, 2012, 04:45:38 PM »
Love this Peggy!

I'm in the DC area if that's where you are. We need to do GA together next time! :)

Offline peggy2ten

• Stateless
Re: ZooTV - It was 20 years ago today - my first U2 concert
« Reply #2 on: August 16, 2012, 09:19:41 AM »
Hi, I've retired and moved from Maryland 2 years ago.  But I still have close ties to the area and visit frequently.  I wouldn't miss U2 playing in Baltimore or DC.  But, I probably won't go back to GA unless there is a lottery ala Vertigo.  I did GA three times for 360.  I loved the price but didn't like the jam in the ellipse - once in, it was almost impossible to get out.  Luckily, I could afford Red Zone and did that for most of last summer's dates.   Hopefully, there will be an equivalent next tour.