Author Topic: g friday talks about new u2 album  (Read 21478 times)

surit87

Re: g friday talks about new u2 album
« Reply #105 on: October 02, 2012, 01:59:44 AM »
Both UC and SUC have grown on me over the years. NLOTH, as an album, did 'grow' on me except for a couple of songs (the title track, I'll go crazy, White as snow).

Offline Quenchable Thirst

• Headache in a Suitcase
  • It's a private show, no one else's gonna know
« Reply #106 on: October 04, 2012, 07:43:47 AM »
I trust Gavin, but he's too close to Bono... *suspicious*

I read an article on The Black Keys the other day saying they wanted to make a new album with Danger Mouse, who has been with them since Attack & Release (a great album by the way), and one of the members of the band said this:

I talked to him [Danger Mouse, aka Brian Burton] on the phone a couple weeks ago to see what his schedule is like. If we ever work with a producer, its always going to be him. Weve been working with him since 2007, since Attack & Release, and were all really good friends. But hes also really busy, producing so many records lately, so hopefully he has time. Hes producing U2′s record that takes priority over us! [Laughs]

Now they can't all be lying, unless Bono is behind the "THERE IS NO ALBUM FOR 2013!!" conspiracy...

Offline Pocket Merlin

• Party Girl/Boy
« Reply #107 on: October 04, 2012, 03:06:59 PM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
I trust Gavin, but he's too close to Bono... *suspicious*

I read an article on The Black Keys the other day saying they wanted to make a new album with Danger Mouse, who has been with them since Attack & Release (a great album by the way), and one of the members of the band said this:

I talked to him [Danger Mouse, aka Brian Burton] on the phone a couple weeks ago to see what his schedule is like. If we ever work with a producer, its always going to be him. Weve been working with him since 2007, since Attack & Release, and were all really good friends. But hes also really busy, producing so many records lately, so hopefully he has time. Hes producing U2′s record that takes priority over us! [Laughs]

Now they can't all be lying, unless Bono is behind the "THERE IS NO ALBUM FOR 2013!!" conspiracy...

If Patrick Carney actually said that recently...that is legitimately good news. He's pretty much saying that Danger Mouse is busy enough with U2's album that he's not available to do more work with The Black Keys at the moment, which suggests that U2 are actually working and not just sitting around talking about a theoretical project with Danger Mouse.
« Last Edit: October 04, 2012, 03:09:17 PM by Pocket Merlin »

Offline Dali

• Child of Grace
« Reply #108 on: October 23, 2012, 06:22:03 AM »
Yup, I second the thought of this being good news. Thanks for posting.