Author Topic: FTSD....DVD vs Blu Ray  (Read 486 times)

smee

FTSD....DVD vs Blu Ray
« on: September 19, 2012, 04:31:14 PM »
Im toying with getting FTSD. Question is, which format do i go for? Are they both the same? Has one got more extras than the other?

Help appreciated :)

Offline So Cruel

• Elevated
  • it ain't no sin to be glad that you're alive
Re: FTSD....DVD vs Blu Ray
« Reply #1 on: September 19, 2012, 07:06:16 PM »
I bought the DVD version and the extras are nothing to write home about. Not sure if there's any difference for Blu Ray. I'm actually a bit disappointed with FTSD, there some brilliant parts (when they discover One) but on a whole it wasn't as good as I thought it would be. They talk a lot more about the bands mood and reinvention then they do about the actual songs on the album. I think I would rather have seen an Achtung Baby Classic Albums then FTSD.

Offline Starman

• Drowning Man/Woman
« Reply #2 on: September 19, 2012, 07:19:33 PM »
Blu-Ray all the way. It has a DTS HD Master Audio 5.1 track and it sounds wonderful. It looks great too. The menu actually operates like a DVD menu (there's a brief pause when you select an option) but the pop up menu is good. The DVD and BD have the same special features (the TIFF interview is the best special feature IMO).

Here's a review of the disc from Blu-Ray.com (The same disc is used all around the world instead of each country having its own release so this info is valid everywhere. That's how record labels like to do it).

You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Offline Johnny Feathers

• Elevated
« Reply #3 on: September 19, 2012, 08:24:37 PM »
If you can play both, I don't know why you wouldn't go Blu-Ray.  The reason I don't is because I have the DVD from the AB box set, and am simply not interested enough to buy it again for the better quality or bonus features.  But if it hadn't been included, I'd do Blu-Ray.