Author Topic: Your ultimate U2 fantasy  (Read 8159 times)

Offline achtungbaby

• Babyface
Your ultimate U2 fantasy
« on: October 29, 2008, 02:26:41 AM »
ok...instead of studying for my statistics exam tomorrow I was wondering what your ultimate u2 experience would be. I know mine is quite over the top, I got carried away with the concerts but you can dream right?  ::) Go nuts!! I think mine's kind a of 'U2 week' ...

Mine would have to include the following:
 - A chilled day with the band maybe at the beach, a cafe or a garden somewhere where we just chat ask them questions and stuff and relax...maybe Bono could play me some stuff me's been working on for an upcoming album...
 - A u2 tour of Dublin and u2-related areas, guided by the band
 - Go on a hike somewhere with them and have a picnic
 - 3 concerts each with a differnt kind of vibe and song selection:
      a) all the classics that you know and love eg streets, WOWY, Pride etc)
      b) an acoustic/softer kinda concert with songs eg the First Time, Mothers of the Disappeared, One Step Closer
      c) All the awesome songs that they have never played live or haven't in ages eg Acrobat, Exit, Ultraviolet, The Refugee, Like a song

Also I'd get to go on the stage and go backstage before and after the concert :D

daveyg

Re: Your ultimate U2 fantasy
« Reply #1 on: October 29, 2008, 02:34:07 AM »
All pretty much up there with ya. Although I do give walking tours of U2's Dublin and have met them on various occasions along the way of giving the tour, so, I guess that's as close to them giving me a tour of Dublin. I would love them to give me the tour some day though.

Offline soloyan

• Staring at the Sun
  • A dangerous idea that almost makes sense
« Reply #2 on: October 29, 2008, 04:06:41 AM »
I'd love to be in the studio for the recording/songwriting process...witness the birth of a U2 song. That'd be amazing.

Of course, being allowed to play along would be sweet as well but I'd be afraid to ruin the chemistry.

Offline u2yooper

• Airborne Ranger
  • Life should be fragrant- rooftop to the basement
« Reply #3 on: October 29, 2008, 06:40:57 AM »
Me in a bikini sitting on Bono's lap.  Wait, I'm older than twenty...Oh, well, a girl can dream! ;)

Offline JohnnyVOXX

• Headache in a Suitcase
  • many will see and hear
« Reply #4 on: October 29, 2008, 07:45:34 AM »
mmmm interesting!!
well my ultimate fantasy would be...
to meet randomly the band and be able to share some of Dublin's finest pints with them!! but as a friend, not as a fan... for them to treat me as a friend and share anecdotes, and stuff like that...
another one could be: just before the gig, they would ask me, what do you think about the setlist for tonight?? any suggestions?? (I think I'd actually go MAD if that ever happened!!)
and a more real and possible one: to actually be able to see them live in Ireland during the new tour... if it's a Slane gig, even better, but I'd do with Croke Park.... ;) and obviously, I love to hear a couple of those never played songs... 

Offline achtungbaby

• Babyface
« Reply #5 on: October 29, 2008, 07:47:08 AM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
I'd love to be in the studio for the recording/songwriting process...witness the birth of a U2 song. That'd be amazing.

I've never thought about that before but now that you've mentioned it I think that being in a recording session and watching a song come together would be fantastic! If only...

Offline Northern Star

• Stateless
« Reply #6 on: October 29, 2008, 09:37:06 AM »
Watching them record in the studio and then going for a drink with them in the Clarence and talking until the early hours.

daveyg

« Reply #7 on: October 29, 2008, 10:10:16 AM »
Adam cooking my dinner, Larry driving me round, Edge teaching me guitar, and Bono, well, I'd make him just stand in the front window of my house and look cool so all the neighbours would see. And they'd all sleep on the floor in their sleeping bags. Sorry, that last bit I just added in for a bit of spice.

Offline vickidvm

• Numb
« Reply #8 on: October 29, 2008, 06:42:17 PM »
1) working and traveling with them on their tour
2) being "stuck" on a long flight sitting next to Bono  ;D

Offline zooey

• Elevated
  • Boom Cha
« Reply #9 on: October 29, 2008, 07:41:15 PM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
Me in a bikini sitting on Bono's lap.  Wait, I'm older than twenty...Oh, well, a girl can dream! ;)

LOL!

U2 songs got me through some tough runs so I'd like to run around the ellipse during the intro to streets

Offline EdgeUK8_my_mind

• Desert Rose
  • I need you to elevate me here
« Reply #10 on: October 29, 2008, 09:21:25 PM »
1) Meet the band and go backstage before the show, 2) get to pick 5 songs for that night's set list, 3) watch the show from the sound booth or next to Dallas, and 4) party with the band afterwards

Offline i_heartU2

• Stateless
  • It's a beautiful day....
« Reply #11 on: November 01, 2008, 01:35:07 PM »
be right up front during a concert and then just get a chance to talk and hang out with them.

oh and maybe go back in time to the red rocks gig! ;D

Offline melbourne85

• Babyface
« Reply #12 on: November 02, 2008, 01:22:20 AM »
i lived mine at the 2nd sydney show on the vertigo tour... getting off my dial with mates and going crazy 20m from stage!!

Offline Edges Les Paul

• Intellectual Tortoise
  • This is Edge; we're not sure where we got him.
« Reply #13 on: November 02, 2008, 09:31:36 AM »
1) Running into Bono at a local restaurant/bar (he did actually just show up there one time, and I was SO SAD I missed him!)
2) Road-tripping it around the country to see their next tour.
3) Watch said concert from inside the ellipse.
4) See them in Europe! (which is looking less and less likely as the album release drags on...)
5) oh yeah, and hanging out with the Edge. maybe touching the yellow Les Paul or any of the other guitars.

Offline u2larkin04

• Babyface
« Reply #14 on: November 02, 2008, 10:09:58 AM »
I'd like my family to be friends with Bono's family... be invited over for Christmas... Ya know? Close friends, hahahaha