Author Topic: The "Ask a Silly Question About the Band" Thread  (Read 13672 times)

Offline StrongGirl

• Genius of Compression
  • On BLS I heard the sound of an angel
Re: The "Ask a Silly Question About the Band" Thread
« Reply #30 on: November 11, 2008, 11:12:19 PM »
OK daveyg, it is now morning in Dublin.  So, do you regret your last post?!  Please don't.  An "Ask daveyg" thread would be great. I'm all for it. It would be so much fun. The nice moderators should really think about it!!  And as for that bottle of wine-don't put it down! I haven't had a drink in ages. Please have a few for me. Thanks.

daveyg

« Reply #31 on: November 12, 2008, 04:32:01 AM »
Ah I'll never learn!! I hardly ever drink wine as it gives me nasty headaches but my better half decided she'd like a glass or two after dinner yesterday. God bless caffine!

Anyhows, Im back on track now....  :-[

Offline StrongGirl

• Genius of Compression
« Reply #32 on: November 12, 2008, 07:09:09 AM »
I hear you about the caffeine.  I couldn't keep going without it!  Ah, but a nice glass of wine after dinner sounds so great.  I'll have to do that.  Around my house it always seems to be like a zoo with my boys being like the monkeys swinging from the trees!  I must include my husband in that too!!! I call it Zooropa. So the wine at the end of the day would be relaxing!  Ooops, going off topic again. Sorry. That why you need your own thread so we can all go off topic with you all the time! Bye for now.
« Last Edit: November 12, 2008, 06:31:56 PM by StrongGirl »

InThisHeartland

« Reply #33 on: November 19, 2008, 08:48:55 PM »
this might not be silly, but does anyone know who is their favorites musician(s)?

daveyg

« Reply #34 on: November 20, 2008, 02:13:25 AM »
Well Larry is an absolute Elvis nut

Wasn't Edge a Ramones fan or am i just imagining that?

Offline StrongGirl

• Genius of Compression
« Reply #35 on: November 20, 2008, 07:19:21 AM »
Hi daveyg.  No, you are definitely not imagining that one.  If I'm not mistaken Bono & Edge (and perhaps Larry as well)  were huge fans.  Bono took part in a tribute to the Ramones.  I believe it was after Joey passed away.  I know I read somewhere (maybe here in @U2 news) that when Joey was very ill and near death from his cancer, he often played U2.  I think the song he loved was One Step Closer but I could be wrong with that part of the info.  If you were from New York in the late 70's-early 80's, you always saw Joey at the clubs.  He was actually very intelligent and a sweetheart even though he never said much!!  The Ramones were our local boys just as U2 are yours.   Hey, don't forget the band always used to rave about Destiny's Child!!!  They made those schoolboy "googly" eyes when they used to talk about them!!!!!  Whether they really like the music or just the girls-???? mmmmmm.

Offline Bads316

• Elevated
  • Ain't nothin' but a muffin
« Reply #36 on: November 20, 2008, 07:23:35 AM »
It was 'In A Little While' that Joey loved

Offline Starfish

• Acrobat
  • Yay, it's Larry!!!
« Reply #37 on: November 20, 2008, 07:31:55 AM »
Edge mentioned The Who as one of the bands that influenced them

Offline StrongGirl

• Genius of Compression
« Reply #38 on: November 20, 2008, 07:41:41 AM »

Thank you Bads316.  I stand corrected. I always know when I have a "senior moment"  that I will  be saved by one of the oh so knowledgeable members of this great forum. I love that Joey/U2 story.  I loved Joey and miss him very much.

Offline B-Wood

• Headache in a Suitcase
  • AchtungCloud on old forum
« Reply #39 on: November 20, 2008, 12:03:19 PM »
I'm pretty sure Bono has said on occasion that John Lennon is his favorite musician.

And I know they've mentioned their love for The Clash quite a bit...and Joy Division.

daveyg

« Reply #40 on: November 28, 2008, 01:25:18 AM »
Now there you go! We've managed to get a discussion on U2's influences! I knew this would work! lol

Oh I've been asked if U2 actually live in Dublin, especially Bono. In case you're thinking of asking, yes, very much so.

shockdocta22

« Reply #41 on: March 05, 2009, 09:10:46 PM »
did anyone else help produce NLOTH besides eno lanois and lillwhite

daveyg

« Reply #42 on: March 06, 2009, 01:23:22 AM »
Not having a copy beside me to make sure Im not wrong, I am 99% sure that no-one else did.

Offline achtungespresso

• Running to Stand Still
  • I found grace, it's all that I found
« Reply #43 on: March 06, 2009, 10:59:03 AM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
I'd like to know how much they hang out together, families included, for holidays birthdays etc.

I can see Ali knitting all of the big ugly cardigan sweaters with big obnoxious christmas tree's and reindeer on them! Sitting around the Christmas Tree, Singing Christmas Songs with Bono attempting to make them his own... saying "Now we're gonna steal is back!" before singing Auld Lang Syne... I don't know, that's just my vision of it all going down. I know it's not as funny, but it's early for me!

I'd like to ask the edge to see his walk in closet of skull-caps... thousands upon thousands of skull-caps!

Awesome vision! That's actually how I'd picture it too. Christmas at the Hewson house...  ;D

Offline achtungespresso

• Running to Stand Still
  • I found grace, it's all that I found
« Reply #44 on: March 06, 2009, 11:01:26 AM »
The milk question/statement made me laugh out loud  :D