Author Topic: Concerts of 2013  (Read 64758 times)

Offline AJ

• Elevated
  • Vinyl Guru
Re: Concerts of 2013
« Reply #60 on: January 07, 2013, 10:46:17 PM »
Black Keys & Flaming Lips are touring together ;D

Offline LToy

• Party Girl/Boy
« Reply #61 on: January 09, 2013, 05:18:57 AM »
Looking forward to Depeche Mode in North America, late Summer & Fall 2013, as soon as they announce their tour dates. European dates are already posted.

Offline imaginary friend

• Airborne Ranger
  • the vaccine for your wack scene
« Reply #62 on: January 09, 2013, 06:49:52 AM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
well...this is interesting. Seems Metallica is seriously considering staging the next edition of their Orion Music + More festival here in the Detroit area - specifically, on Belle Isle:   You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Personally, you couldn't pay me to see Metallica at this point, but if it brings $$$ into the city, I'm all for it.   8)

They got the approval:   You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login     ...which is kinda amazing, considering that The Eagles (1994), Bob Seger (1996) and Radiohead (2003) all tried to hold shows at the very same park and failed to get permission. Shows you how desperate for $$$ the city's government is at this point.

Oh, and if you're interested in attending, Metallica will be hosting this fest here in the D through 2015.

a rumour's going around town that both Soundgarden and Alice in Chains will be playing Orion Music this year. pretty much the only way I'll even consider going.

Offline briscoetheque

• Traffic Cop (Rue du Marais)
  • R-E-S-T-E-C-P
« Reply #63 on: January 09, 2013, 02:09:34 PM »

OK. Now that will be cool.

Offline imaginary friend

• Airborne Ranger
« Reply #64 on: January 10, 2013, 07:51:50 AM »
I swore back in 2009 that I'd never go to see Yes again (they really can't handle the vocal harmonies anymore :( ), but I might have to go back on that. They're going to do 3 of their classic albums - The Yes Album, Close To The Edge and Going For The One - in their entirety, all in one show. GFTO by itself would be worth whatever they're going to charge.

Offline mdmomof7

• Holy Joe
  • Im born again to the latest sound
« Reply #65 on: January 10, 2013, 05:44:46 PM »
I swore back in 2009 that I'd never go to see Yes again (they really can't handle the vocal harmonies anymore :( ), but I might have to go back on that. They're going to do 3 of their classic albums - The Yes Album, Close To The Edge and Going For The One - in their entirety, all in one show. GFTO by itself would be worth whatever they're going to charge.

I saw them back in 2010 with Peter Frampton and I thought they did a very good job of it.

Just saw that Bob Seger will be touring starting Feb. 27th. I wonder if my 70 year old dad would be up for that. He loves him and he's a fellow Michigander...

^NVM - only the Midwest.  :(
« Last Edit: January 10, 2013, 05:46:20 PM by mdmomof7 »

Offline imaginary friend

• Airborne Ranger
« Reply #66 on: January 10, 2013, 05:50:12 PM »

I saw them back in 2010 with Peter Frampton and I thought they did a very good job of it.

good to hear. the show's April 12, so I have a bit of time to decide.

Offline mdmomof7

• Holy Joe
« Reply #67 on: January 10, 2013, 05:56:29 PM »

good to hear. the show's April 12, so I have a bit of time to decide.

Now to have Chris Squire looming over us - that FREAKED me and my friend out. We had front row tickets and he was towering above - hairy white chest in full view. The lead singer we saw that night is not shown on their website...

OK - here he is, but he is now replaced. You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login  Jon Davison is his replacement as he is ill with reported upper respiratory issues.
« Last Edit: January 10, 2013, 06:01:14 PM by mdmomof7 »

Offline TheU2Ken

• To tell the truth, this could be the last time
« Reply #68 on: January 10, 2013, 06:57:53 PM »
I would love to go but 50 dollars.

gotta save up for The Killers, Muse *if they ever announce Atlanta* and a Springsteen return

Offline mdmomof7

• Holy Joe
« Reply #69 on: January 10, 2013, 09:29:32 PM »
Seriously thinking about getting tickets for Muse in NJ for their last stop in the US on April 19th.

Offline AJ

• Elevated
  • Vinyl Guru
« Reply #70 on: January 10, 2013, 09:47:56 PM »

gotta save up for The Killers, Muse *if they ever announce Atlanta* and a Springsteen return
I think $50 is a good price to see both of them together but I don't think my mom would approve of a Flaming Lips concert based on this preview of their upcoming DVD Freak Night. It gets NSFW around halfway through :P

Offline briscoetheque

• R-E-S-T-E-C-P
« Reply #71 on: January 11, 2013, 04:50:12 AM »

FIFTY dollars???? Are you serious?

Cost me A$110 (hey that's $120 US :-) ) to see the black keys last year. AND you get the flaming lips?

You're mad.

Skip springsteen. Skip Muse. Hell even skip the killers. You'll have more fun at the Flaming Keys or Black Lips.

Offline TongueInMyEar

• Party Girl/Boy
  • Love it won't be long....
« Reply #72 on: January 11, 2013, 05:56:26 AM »
At the moment I have tickets for My Bloody Valentine and Gaslight Anthem, really looking forward to both.

Actually I haven't been this excited to see a band for years as I am about seeing My Bloody Valentine, and there's the real possibility of a new album :)

Offline singnomore

• Administrator
  • Airborne Ranger
  • These city lights, they shine as silver and gold
« Reply #73 on: January 11, 2013, 06:35:28 AM »
My Stone Roses tickets arrived today  :)

smee

« Reply #74 on: January 11, 2013, 12:07:58 PM »
My Stone Roses tickets arrived today  :)

Im hoping to pick up a ticket for Glasgow Green myself. Missed out in the general sale