Author Topic: How expensive will U2 tickets get?  (Read 7669 times)

Offline paddyattitude

• Party Girl/Boy
Re: How expensive will U2 tickets get?
« Reply #15 on: November 28, 2012, 01:02:34 AM »
In Europe prices have doubled between ZOO TV and 360. Back then i paid around 30 euro when for the last tour a floor ticket was worth 65 euro.  I don't expect prices for that kind of tickets to be much higher. If they increase that would be by 5 euro, not more.
And remember that on the last tour there were tickets for half that price. I think U2 make sure there are tickets for every budget.

Offline Inishfree

• Up With the Sun
« Reply #16 on: November 28, 2012, 07:14:20 AM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
I've been paying $50-60 for their tickets for the past decade. I don't see why there'll be much of a price spike.

I saw U2 on their last tour.  I thought the tickets were resonable in price.  We paid $48.50 for great seats.  The concert with Florence and the Machine whom opened, was five hours long.  I heard on the news that the Stones are charging between 100 to 800 dollars per ticket. 

Offline jc619er

• Numb
« Reply #17 on: November 28, 2012, 04:35:09 PM »
I think concert tickets are pretty reasonably priced these days, it's the aftermarket sellers that really ruin it. Because it takes so much effort to get online and actually get a ticket the instant they release and then if you don't then you have to pay the horrid mark up. If it wasn't for that I don't actually mind the price of tickets. The last two 360 shows I went to in Anaheim I had great seats behind off to the right of the stage and only paid $33 a ticket. Loved it.

Offline jick

• Precious Stone
« Reply #18 on: November 30, 2012, 01:25:27 AM »
My nickname is Jovi so that is close enough, I was born before the band though so no connection.

It would be great to live the life of Jon Bon Jovi for a day. Surely it would be nice to be a rockstar.

Unlike others here, I am not  by any means an anonymous poster. If you search hard enough, my picture is somewhere here as I joined an @U2 forum gathering in the parking lot before the Rose Bowl Show.  Had great sausages and beer courtesy of Logan. If you are stiill here reading this, let me know how I can repay you. I flew all the way from the Philippines to watch U2.

There are some here who post anonymously and some just do it to refute me without even reading my points.

Back to topic, as someone based on experience posted with his ticket prices, my provisional conclusion is that statistically speaking, U2 ticket prices will be higher in the next tour.

Cheers,

J
« Last Edit: December 01, 2012, 09:54:43 AM by Joe90usa »

hrsan

« Reply #19 on: November 30, 2012, 07:42:02 AM »
My nickname is Jovi so that is close enough, I was born before the band though so no connection.

It would be great to live the life of Jon Bon Jovi for a day. Surely it would be nice to be a rockstar.

Unlike others here, I am not  by any means an anonymous poster. If you search hard enough, my picture is somewhere here as I joined an @U2 forum gathering in the parking lot before the Rose Bowl Show.  Had great sausages and beer courtesy of Logan. If you are stiill here reading this, let me know how I can repay you. I flew all the way from the Philippines to watch U2.

There are some here who post anonymously and some just do it to refute me without even reading my points.

Back to topic, as someone based on experience posted with his ticket prices, my provisional conclusion is that statistically speaking, U2 ticket prices will be higher in the next tour.

Cheers,

J
If you do pick a day to be Bon Jovi, don't pick the day you found out your daughter had OD on heroin.   
« Last Edit: December 01, 2012, 09:55:02 AM by Joe90usa »

smee

« Reply #20 on: November 30, 2012, 06:02:09 PM »
In Europe prices have doubled between ZOO TV and 360. Back then i paid around 30 euro when for the last tour a floor ticket was worth 65 euro.  I don't expect prices for that kind of tickets to be much higher. If they increase that would be by 5 euro, not more.
And remember that on the last tour there were tickets for half that price. I think U2 make sure there are tickets for every budget.

In UK, prices doubled and in some cases TREBLED between Vertigo tour and 360!
Im planning going to see Bruce Springsteen again next summer. We al know how long his shows are, and the tickets are 55.......same as i paid to see u2 back in 2005....and i will get an extra 30-60 mins on top of what u2 gave

Offline xy

• Child of Grace
« Reply #21 on: December 02, 2012, 11:39:41 AM »
360 : 67 Euros GA. (of which 5 Euros were the local promotor fee). Truly, U2 and not the likes of $tones are ripping people off...what with having thousands of 30 dollar tickets at each show.

Meanwhile, Springsteen charged about 80 Euros this year. Sure the shows are longer but the show is nowhere near as big as 360.

Offline Tumbling Dice

• Drowning Man/Woman
  • I won't pay the usual fee
« Reply #22 on: December 02, 2012, 01:31:35 PM »
Prince charged 33.21 for every one of his tickets for his London shows in 2007.  And because he played in-the-round in an arena, every seat was a good seat.  You see what's possible when an artist doesn't make money their God.

Offline feedback

• Refugee
  • 'Father is an Elephant'
« Reply #23 on: December 03, 2012, 01:15:22 AM »
The highest price for a ticket to see the Stones' '50 and Counting' tour is $12,000! That's right, LITERALLY, it's twelve-thousand dollars! The highest U2360 ticket price seemed like the 1980's compared to this.

Offline lorijane

• Airborne Ranger
  • We picked the right band
« Reply #24 on: December 03, 2012, 05:05:12 AM »
I really really hope they keep GA prices reasonable.  And by reasonable I mean about the same as they were for the 360 tour (around $60 before ticketbastard fees).  I paid $100 plus fees for Springsteen, and although it was a fantastic show, that seemed pretty steep.

I know lots of fans would like to see U2 play arenas this next tour, but let's face it, supply and demand means those tickets will probably cost more than stadium shows.  If you have 16,000 tickets per show versus 60,000, what do you think will happen to the price?  Not to mention the ability to actually get a ticket.  Oh well, start the concert slush fund now, people.

Maybe U2 will decide they have enough money and will actually reduce ticket prices.  Yeah, right.

Offline AJ

• Elevated
  • Vinyl Guru
« Reply #25 on: December 07, 2012, 10:29:53 PM »
I know their merch is crazy expensive at shows.
I missed the 360 tour because I tried to get tickets too late but my friend went to the show and brought home a $40 t -shirt
A waste of money in my opinion. I would rather invest $40 into hard to find u2 music

Offline larrylove

• Stateless
« Reply #26 on: January 20, 2013, 11:29:23 AM »
paid 80 euro for 360, i think the next time it will go up to about 90 to a 100 euro.

Offline xy

• Child of Grace
« Reply #27 on: January 20, 2013, 11:43:11 AM »
Prince charged 33.21 for every one of his tickets for his London shows in 2007.  And because he played in-the-round in an arena, every seat was a good seat.  You see what's possible when an artist doesn't make money their God.

Because Prince is totally comparable to stadium selling acts like U2 or the Stones.

Offline boom boom

• Running to Stand Still
« Reply #28 on: January 20, 2013, 12:03:08 PM »
Top price for 360 in Canada went for $250.  I see top price remaining the same maybe up to $300 Canadian. 

Offline briscoetheque

• Traffic Cop (Rue du Marais)
  • R-E-S-T-E-C-P
« Reply #29 on: January 20, 2013, 02:15:51 PM »

its easy to do that when Australians subsidise It in the following years. $180-$675 was the 2012 price range over 3 concerts...