Poll

So, when do you think the next U2 album will be released?

2015 and beyond
This month.

Author Topic: At this point... 2013 or 2014?  (Read 5016 times)

Offline Executioner

• Stateless
Re: At this point... 2013 or 2014?
« Reply #60 on: December 21, 2012, 04:47:18 AM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
The new album will be released on November 26, 2013!
I totally back that up.all the cynical know it alls on this forum know Jack sh** .and even it you want it from the horses mouth. McGuinness in the Irish independent today.says there will be a new album in 2013 . And if you still don't believe then stop posting stupid comments condemning people who are sharing facts.

Offline THRILLHO

• Holy Joe
  • The sun won't melt our wings tonight
« Reply #61 on: December 21, 2012, 07:12:18 AM »
I totally back that up.all the cynical know it alls on this forum know Jack sh** .and even it you want it from the horses mouth. McGuinness in the Irish independent today.says there will be a new album in 2013 . And if you still don't believe then stop posting stupid comments condemning people who are sharing facts.

ok so prove that this is a fact please.

Offline Tumbling Dice

• Drowning Man/Woman
  • I won't pay the usual fee
« Reply #62 on: December 21, 2012, 07:16:55 AM »
I totally back that up.all the cynical know it alls on this forum know Jack sh** .and even it you want it from the horses mouth. McGuinness in the Irish independent today says there will be a new album in 2013. And if you still don't believe then stop posting stupid comments condemning people who are sharing facts.

Could you link the article please. :)

Offline JTBaby

• Elevated
« Reply #63 on: December 21, 2012, 08:03:03 AM »
"Theres always activity. Expect a new record"

Hardly definitive, heard it before multiple times. We should have had about 3 albums by now if all of these non committal comments had actually transpired.

That was probably less definitive than our resident "man in the know" has been stating.

Maybe McGuinness isn't in our guys' friend's "inner circle"

2014 at the earliest.

Offline U2runnr

• Headache in a Suitcase
  • Vision over visibility
« Reply #64 on: December 21, 2012, 04:05:07 PM »

Hardly definitive, heard it before multiple times. We should have had about 3 albums by now if all of these non committal comments had actually transpired.

That was probably less definitive than our resident "man in the know" has been stating.

2014 at the earliest.

Where are your facts at "2014 at the earliest." You are stating your opinion like its fact. So really, you're no different than executioner. Maybe you're a "hardcore fan" but that doesn't give you the in on what's going on. Like the rest of us, you don't know.

Offline JTBaby

• Elevated
« Reply #65 on: December 21, 2012, 05:12:14 PM »

2014 at the earliest.

Where are your facts at "2014 at the earliest." You are stating your opinion like its fact. So really, you're no different than executioner. Maybe you're a "hardcore fan" but that doesn't give you the in on what's going on. Like the rest of us, you don't know.

No I'm stating my opinion as opinion.

Unlike the Executioner I'm not stating it as a done-deal "fact" from someone in the "inner circle"

Offline Chargedvt

• Intellectual Tortoise
« Reply #66 on: December 21, 2012, 06:10:16 PM »
Logically, this album can't come out any later than 2013.  I mean, how long can it possibly take to record 11 songs?  And we all know there aren't 40-50 songs like they usually say because the glaring lack of B-sides lately destroys that idea.  Most half-decent bands could go into a studio and record a complete album in 3 months tops.  Besides, Danger Mouse has been working with them now for, what, over 2 years on and off?  Surely this guy's got other things to do at some point.

Offline Executioner

• Stateless
« Reply #67 on: December 23, 2012, 05:07:56 AM »
Some trolls defy logic .maybe its to do with all the let downs in their own sad lives. Just arguing for the sake of it.how much f***** proof do they need .mc Guinness has said there will be a new album in 2013 so lets leave it there now.yes we know there was meant to be one last year but it would of meant the band extending an already gruelling tour that was hit with a major delay due to bonos back.

Offline Siberian Tiger

• Child of Grace
  • There is no them, there's only us
« Reply #68 on: December 23, 2012, 07:26:43 AM »
Some trolls defy logic .maybe its to do with all the let downs in their own sad lives. Just arguing for the sake of it.how much f***** proof do they need .mc Guinness has said there will be a new album in 2013 so lets leave it there now.yes we know there was meant to be one last year but it would of meant the band extending an already gruelling tour that was hit with a major delay due to bonos back.

Ok, ok, so you want to take McGuiness and Mercury at their word fair enough. But will you come out and admit you were wrong when 2014 rolls around and there is still no record? I will happily admit I am wrong if the reverse happens. The only word that seriously counts is from Larry, the leader of the band. When he says an album is coming out, then we should believe him. He hates B.S..

Offline JTBaby

• Elevated
« Reply #69 on: December 23, 2012, 07:36:15 AM »
So the logic is : "Yeah, McGuinne$$ and Bono and pretty much everyone else associated with U2 have not told the truth every time they mentioned an imminent new album over the last 3 years but this time it's true because I claim to have a source in the 'inner circle' who has confirmed it"

OK.

I look forward (truly) to hearing you say "I told you so"

Until then, given your complete and utter lack of verifiable credentials all you are is one of these:

visitors can't see pics , please You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login or You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Offline THRILLHO

• Holy Joe
  • The sun won't melt our wings tonight
« Reply #70 on: December 23, 2012, 08:21:05 AM »
So the logic is : "Yeah, McGuinne$$ and Bono and pretty much everyone else associated with U2 have not told the truth every time they mentioned an imminent new album over the last 3 years but this time it's true because I claim to have a source in the 'inner circle' who has confirmed it"

OK.

I look forward (truly) to hearing you say "I told you so"

Until then, given your complete and utter lack of verifiable credentials all you are is one of these:

visitors can't see pics , please You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login or You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

well when the album isn't out in Nov 2013 you seem to think he'll stick around. i imagine he'll be gone in a month or 2. yknow, go back to the "inner circle" and leave us "trolls" alone

Offline JTBaby

• Elevated
« Reply #71 on: December 23, 2012, 08:25:50 AM »
I have no doubt he won't stick around.

Offline Executioner

• Stateless
« Reply #72 on: December 23, 2012, 10:25:16 AM »
No prob wont stick around as I have a life unlike some sad gits here with their thousands of posts .seem to have nothing better to do than contradict anything that is posted about the band. Its like they are arguing for the sake of it.the kind of obsessed freaks who I know u2 detest. Case in point the weirdos who sat down in the pit during the Boston elevation show for some sort of protest.  .prob a lot of them are on here.

Offline JTBaby

• Elevated
« Reply #73 on: December 23, 2012, 11:01:24 AM »
Yes. You have so much of a life that you can comment on whether other people have lives. Funny.

If you had that much of a life you wouldn't be here looking for attention And then getting pi**ed off when people don't buy into your crap.

Offline Executioner

• Stateless
« Reply #74 on: December 23, 2012, 01:02:05 PM »
Yes. You have so much of a life that you can comment on whether other people have lives. Funny.

If you had that much of a life you wouldn't be here looking for attention And then getting pi**ed off when people don't buy into your crap.
Buy into the crap?the only thing I said was a mate of mine who works for the band said  that u2 are releasing a new album in 2013 and you have it from Paul mcGuinness aswell .im just telling it how it is not constantly spouting rubbish like you .who Is just a troll with prob no real interest in u2 .keep throwing your immature responses back .you might get to 10000 posts before Christmas.