Author Topic: Is Adam a Christian?  (Read 1111 times)

Offline Declamom

• Babyface
Is Adam a Christian?
« on: January 15, 2013, 03:51:15 PM »
I was reading One Step Closer last week and in it, the author states that Adam is now a Christian.  Is this true? I hadn't heard or read that assertion anywhere but in that book.

Declamom

Offline jenniferh aka jen

• Traffic Cop (Rue du Marais)
Re: Is Adam a Christian?
« Reply #1 on: January 15, 2013, 10:25:23 PM »
He has never said publicly or ever hinted at it and I doubt he is. He has indicated a few times in interviews about feeling some form of spirituality during live shows, so he would probably be more of a spiritual type of person and, IMO, you don't need a religion to be spiritual. Bono and a few journalists have referred to him as being very Zen.

I haven't read that book, and since it is geared toward a christian perspective, maybe the author would want to state this if he thinks that you can only be spiritual if you have a religion?

Offline Streets

• Stateless
  • I hear voices, ridiculous voices.
Re: Is Adam a Christian?
« Reply #2 on: January 16, 2013, 01:32:35 AM »
In Flanagan's book, Bono says that "Adam is a believer," which could mean that he has been one since at least the Zoo days, if that's what Bono meant by "believer," unless he simply used that vague term just to get people off Adam's back. From the Ground Up and other sources state that all four band members always come together for a sort of private prayer meeting before going on stage. (Bono describes it as "standing there praying, just the four of us.") I'm sure they wouldn't include Adam if he disagreed with their spiritual views; I doubt they included him in meetings of that sort in the band's early days.

But I wouldn't concern myself with the particular spiritual beliefs of the band members. They're good people, and what they choose to believe shouldn't affect how we see them. Although it might be a source of curiosity from time to time.
« Last Edit: January 16, 2013, 01:47:33 AM by Fly on a Wall »