Author Topic: U2 Conference 2013 Program  (Read 12452 times)

northstarjo

Re: U2 Conference 2013 Program
« Reply #75 on: April 06, 2013, 05:25:49 PM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
Jen, ignore the neggo nelly.

I'm excited for you folks! Choose your seminars carefully because they will... inspire you? heh. Might be other fun stuff you folks can do in Cleveland too, besides the Rock& Roll Hall of Fame of course

Agree - if your not interested fine go read another thread.

For those lucky enough to go I look forward to seeing tweets and reading all about it - the guys have been working hard behind the scenes!!

Thanks Sing!!!  We'll see what we can do to keep you in the loop! :)

Offline U2OnceAgain

• Intellectual Tortoise
« Reply #76 on: April 10, 2013, 11:41:08 AM »

I'm excited for you folks! Choose your seminars carefully because they will... inspire you? heh. Might be other fun stuff you folks can do in Cleveland too, besides the Rock& Roll Hall of Fame of course

For those lucky enough to go I look forward to seeing tweets and reading all about it - the guys have been working hard behind the scenes!!

Ok This is what's wrong with music now a days (and with society). Its all about making a buck and not about making music.

A U2 Conference is absurd, I don't care if you disagree with me. Do you really need or want to know how U2 music reflects to non-musicians. Do you really need to meet with others to discuss a group that hasn't released a song in 4 years. I am all for getting excited when they are touring and maybe even meeting up with other fans going to a concert but this just is sad.

They are a music group, not a religion, Bono is not God or the second coming. He was a prolific song writer and one of the best front man of one of the best rock groups in history. Now he is one of the richest rock stars in history and a sell out. Now his fans instead of expecting great music just expect some tidbit if information to keep them popular.

Do we really need to pick apart everything they do and analyze every thing they have written and recorded. Will there be roundtable discussions on U2's relevance, spirituality. I just find the fact that there is even a conference dedicated to U2 to be disturbing.

Offline jabw10

• Airborne Ranger
  • I'm more than you know...
« Reply #77 on: April 10, 2013, 12:07:11 PM »

Thanks Sing!!!  We'll see what we can do to keep you in the loop! :)
you know, with live tweeting and forum updates, it could almost seem like a concert was going on ;)  ;D

Offline jabw10

• Airborne Ranger
« Reply #78 on: April 10, 2013, 05:36:18 PM »
a fun tidbit from the rock hall website...

and there's this, too...

not to mention i'm excited to hear what bill carter has to say.... and i'm looking forward to seeing that documentary on U2 fandom (that was meant to be a part of the first conference, i think, but some tech issue kept that from happening, if memory serves).

and as a trained musician, i'm interested in the sessions w Christopher Endrinal... just because it's fun to hear someone break down U2 songs into theoretical pieces :) 
well, pretty much any of it i could chalk up to professional development... as an aspiring indie artist & all... ;)

i like the tim neufield sessions about constructing community (useful tool in 2013, to be sure)... AND a session featuring one of my favorite forum friends on friday morning... AND i've always wanted to attend a U2charist...

AND a gathering at an irish pub with some of my forum favorites... AND not one, but TWO tribute band concerts (in addition to the U23D/closest-i-can-get-to-the-real-thing-right-now screening).  ;D

did i forget anything?  i'm sure i did... like the fact that last time i wanted to go to more sessions than i had time to attend (they overlapped) so i ended up buying the book of all those papers so i could catch up on the stuff i missed ;D
« Last Edit: April 10, 2013, 05:47:27 PM by jabw10 »

Offline THRILLHO

• Holy Joe
  • The sun won't melt our wings tonight
« Reply #79 on: April 10, 2013, 05:47:48 PM »
which tribute bands?

LAVation <ugh what a horrible name....> and Lemon Chile would be the cream of the crop

Offline jabw10

• Airborne Ranger
« Reply #80 on: April 10, 2013, 06:06:36 PM »
which tribute bands?

LAVation <ugh what a horrible name....> and Lemon Chile would be the cream of the crop
a canton, ohio band called 'one,' You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
and 'unforgettable fire' You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Offline jenniferh aka jen

• Traffic Cop (Rue du Marais)
« Reply #81 on: April 10, 2013, 09:30:45 PM »
Wow Jab!

I want to see the Bill Carter talk too.

Even though I'm a professional musician in my head and can construct music in my head, I may skip any of the music talks. I'm more curious about the marketing and representation talks, because I'm a strategic thinker.

But I do plan on spending quality time at the Hall and with my favorite forum friends!

Offline jabw10

• Airborne Ranger
« Reply #82 on: April 10, 2013, 09:35:49 PM »
Wow Jab!

Even though I'm a professional musician in my head and can construct music in my head, I may skip any of the music talks. I'm more curious about the marketing and representation talks, because I'm a strategic thinker.

But I do plan on spending quality time at the Hall and with my favorite forum friends!
see!  this is awesome because then i can pick your brain about the marketing stuff (which i'm mildly interested in, but not as much as the opposing sessions ;) ) ;D and i'd, of course, be happy to share anything you want to know about the music egghead academia sessions, too :D

Offline jenniferh aka jen

• Traffic Cop (Rue du Marais)
« Reply #83 on: April 10, 2013, 09:39:22 PM »
Wow Jab!

see!  this is awesome because then i can pick your brain about the marketing stuff (which i'm mildly interested in, but not as much as the opposing sessions ;) ) ;D and i'd, of course, be happy to share anything you want to know about the music egghead academia sessions, too :D

Plan in action here!!

Offline theocean

• Genius of Compression
  • The songs are in your eyes
« Reply #84 on: April 11, 2013, 08:12:26 AM »
which tribute bands?

a canton, ohio band called 'one,' You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
and 'unforgettable fire' You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Unforgettable Fire are great......i wish Bono could be there and do one of those surprise
appearances as he's singing, that would be hillarious and awesome for you guys..
Wish i could join you...i hope everyone has a great time... :)

Offline EnduringChill

• Genius of Compression
« Reply #85 on: April 11, 2013, 03:23:46 PM »
Now that I realized that some of the talks involve the technical side of music and analysis of its evolution (or, that was as far as I could tell from the titles of the talks), I would love to see those. A lot of the other topics sound boring to me, but I'm sure everyone can enjoy what they're interested in. Too bad I can't go because it's expensive, and I'll be performing in the talent show on the 26th, plus it's a long drive, but I had to express how interesting I think this sounds. And how envious I am for the people who are going! I hope you enjoy.

Offline jabw10

• Airborne Ranger
« Reply #86 on: April 16, 2013, 06:01:50 PM »
And now there's an American/Irish folk band playing at the Thursday night gathering - awesome! ;D

Offline mdmomof7

• Holy Joe
  • Im born again to the latest sound
« Reply #87 on: April 16, 2013, 06:58:46 PM »
I so want to go!!!

That's so much U2!!!

Offline Belisama

• Original of the Species
« Reply #88 on: April 16, 2013, 07:00:41 PM »
I so want to go!!!

That's so much U2!!!

Wish you were coming, it would be a blast.

Offline mdmomof7

• Holy Joe
  • Im born again to the latest sound
« Reply #89 on: April 16, 2013, 07:02:30 PM »
It would! I can't believe all that is packed into this!! Wow!!!

The U23D is also being shown?

2 Tribute bands? You'll have to tell me if they are as good as the one we saw.  ;)