Author Topic: U2's failure/refusal to leak album destined to backfire...  (Read 7695 times)

Offline EdgeLike

• Stateless
  • http://www.last.fm/user/EdgeLike
Re: U2's failure/refusal to leak album destined to backfire...
« Reply #30 on: February 17, 2009, 02:40:48 PM »
Backfire? How so?

Offline Nagrom99

• Numb
  • I'm 25, trying to stay alive.....
« Reply #31 on: February 17, 2009, 03:58:21 PM »
Put your money where your mouth is jick

Give us the numbers you speak of...all of them..... 

""Now it seems U2 are spending more resources, money, and time just to prevent the leak.  But how much money will a non-leak save them compared to their expenses?  Not that much.

The numbers, the logic, and the math just don't add up.  It is indeed puzzling to guess why U2 don't want the album to leak, even just to its hardcore fans""

How do you know the numbers...."just don't add up"  and don't give me "it's logical math/economics" bs.  PROVE IT.  I DARE YOU.

Offline jick

• Precious Stone
« Reply #32 on: February 17, 2009, 04:03:14 PM »
I can't believe people actually took this thread as seriously as they had.  I wrote it to poke fun and irony at all those who are so restless and impatient about having a leak.

Bottom line: U2 are smart businessmen and having money-making down to a science.  Of course they would never leak the album.  I just find it sick that "so-called fans" are getting uneasy why there is no leak yet.  There is a reason why U2 chose a certain date to be the release date, so let us respect that as the album was designed to be released on that date.  Let us not question U2's wisdom. They know what they are doing.

Cheers,

J

Offline Nagrom99

• Numb
« Reply #33 on: February 17, 2009, 04:04:17 PM »
The only member that's a complete waste of time.

Offline Bono in Bonolands

• Numb
« Reply #34 on: February 17, 2009, 04:15:05 PM »
I don’t want to hear about wars between the nations….

This is a SERIOUSLY FUNNY thread!

Offline Nagrom99

• Numb
« Reply #35 on: February 17, 2009, 04:17:22 PM »
waste of time.

An Cat Dubh

« Reply #36 on: February 17, 2009, 04:18:01 PM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
I can't believe people actually took this thread as seriously as they had.  I wrote it to poke fun and irony at all those who are so restless and impatient about having a leak.

Bottom line: U2 are smart businessmen and having money-making down to a science.  Of course they would never leak the album.  I just find it sick that "so-called fans" are getting uneasy why there is no leak yet.  There is a reason why U2 chose a certain date to be the release date, so let us respect that as the album was designed to be released on that date.  Let us not question U2's wisdom. They know what they are doing.

Cheers,

J
'
Jick, you are unbelievable. You do this all the time, you write a (terrible) post, and then when you see everyones reaction, you try and worm your way out of it by saying it was a joke.
The jokes on you I'm afraid (although the rest of us on here should not fall for any more of you ridiculous posts/quotes etc) as this time, you can not hide the fact that really don't know what you are talking about. In your original post you clearly said, and meant, that U2 had made huge mistakes and that the new album was going to be a failiure, now you go back and say the above.

Get a life man, as Nagrom99 says, the only member thats a complete waste of time.

Start posting your views, your opinions and your thoughts. Construcive conversations is what a forum is all about, Im sure you have these qualities, but right now, they are most definitley not showing through.

Offline Zoonationalist

• Refugee
  • www.themarinerwritings.wordpress.com
« Reply #37 on: February 17, 2009, 04:18:31 PM »

Cheers,

J

:-*

Offline dislexoteche

• Stateless
  • helping God across the road like a little old lady
« Reply #38 on: February 17, 2009, 04:20:28 PM »
waste of time.

You losing the will Nagrom?  :)

• Numb
« Reply #39 on: February 17, 2009, 04:21:50 PM »
Get on Ya Boots..

Offline Nagrom99

• Numb
« Reply #40 on: February 17, 2009, 04:23:23 PM »
Not at all, I was referring to an individual...I love it in here, just the one negative in what is otherwise a Top Notch site.
« Last Edit: February 17, 2009, 04:30:02 PM by Nagrom99 »

Offline dislexoteche

• Stateless
  • helping God across the road like a little old lady
« Reply #41 on: February 17, 2009, 04:26:24 PM »
...don't let the b******* grind you down!

Offline Nagrom99

• Numb
« Reply #42 on: February 17, 2009, 04:30:16 PM »
ah men.

Offline Anthony02

• Running to Stand Still
  • And I know that the tide is turning 'round....
U2 Masterpiece(s)..
« Reply #43 on: February 17, 2009, 04:30:37 PM »
So if I download the album Im not a fan Jick? I did it when HTDAAB came out and Ill do it again. But yea I bought the deluxe version of HTDAAB as well. And Ill buy a version of NLOTH. I didnt download it to save money. I did it, because Im a fan and could not wait. If Im wrong for doing that, oh well. Im sure there are others in here that feel the same. And some that dont. But in the end, Im not going to lose any sleep over comments that Im not a true fan cause I downloaded something that was out there. If it leaks great. If not, then Ill wait for the release date.

• Numb
« Reply #44 on: February 17, 2009, 04:42:04 PM »
Agree Anthony, you just want access to the music as quickly as possible. If anything this will only heighten the amount of U2 related stuff that you buy.