Author Topic: U2's failure/refusal to leak album destined to backfire...  (Read 7693 times)

Offline JuniorEmblem

• Child of Grace
  • 10 types, those who know binary & those who don't
Re: U2's failure/refusal to leak album destined to backfire...
« Reply #45 on: February 17, 2009, 04:42:33 PM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
The only member that's a complete waste of time.

and space.....

Offline dislexoteche

• Stateless
  • helping God across the road like a little old lady
« Reply #46 on: February 17, 2009, 04:45:23 PM »
JuniorEmblem, I just noticed your avator pic :D :D :D That's one of the best things I've seen this year!

Offline JuniorEmblem

• Child of Grace
« Reply #47 on: February 17, 2009, 04:46:45 PM »
JuniorEmblem, I just noticed your avator pic :D :D :D That's one of the best things I've seen this year!

then you'll like this

Offline dislexoteche

• Stateless
  • helping God across the road like a little old lady
« Reply #48 on: February 17, 2009, 04:50:19 PM »
Cheers for that buddy :)

Offline jick

• Precious Stone
« Reply #49 on: February 17, 2009, 08:21:14 PM »
'
Jick, you are unbelievable. You do this all the time, you write a (terrible) post, and then when you see everyones reaction, you try and worm your way out of it by saying it was a joke.
The jokes on you I'm afraid (although the rest of us on here should not fall for any more of you ridiculous posts/quotes etc) as this time, you can not hide the fact that really don't know what you are talking about. In your original post you clearly said, and meant, that U2 had made huge mistakes and that the new album was going to be a failiure, now you go back and say the above.

Get a life man, as Nagrom99 says, the only member thats a complete waste of time.

Start posting your views, your opinions and your thoughts. Construcive conversations is what a forum is all about, Im sure you have these qualities, but right now, they are most definitley not showing through.

I am not the first and will not be the last member to post some light-hearted comments in the spirit of fun.  In this case, I am poking fun at the ones who are overeager to listen to the album.  Too bad you cannot fathom the language of "irony" or the "laughing gas." U2 made a living out of that in the 90's.

Cheers,

j

Offline Anthony02

• Running to Stand Still
  • And I know that the tide is turning 'round....
U2 Masterpiece(s)..
« Reply #50 on: February 17, 2009, 08:35:11 PM »
Poking fun at the overeager? Does that make sense? I would hope that every fan in here is overeager to hear the album. Personal attacks are not allowed, so Ill just throw a LOL at ya J. Very amusing posts though.

Offline JuniorEmblem

• Child of Grace
« Reply #51 on: February 17, 2009, 08:37:54 PM »
#1 rule of posting humor - Make it funny !

The smileys are there for you to use for those of us with lesser intellects who cannot follow your obviously very highbrow comic stylings.

Oh wait, that's right, you were just being serious and trying to cover your butt again..........

luieu2

Re: U2 Masterpiece(s)..
« Reply #52 on: February 17, 2009, 08:40:51 PM »
So if I download the album Im not a fan Jick? I did it when HTDAAB came out and Ill do it again. But yea I bought the deluxe version of HTDAAB as well. And Ill buy a version of NLOTH. I didnt download it to save money. I did it, because Im a fan and could not wait. If Im wrong for doing that, oh well. Im sure there are others in here that feel the same. And some that dont. But in the end, Im not going to lose any sleep over comments that Im not a true fan cause I downloaded something that was out there. If it leaks great. If not, then Ill wait for the release date.
i did that to  ;)

Offline keithyb

• Babyface
« Reply #53 on: February 17, 2009, 08:42:05 PM »
Jick, your version of "irony" is about as sophisticated as Alanis Morrisette's.

You haven't got an ironic bone in your entire body -- nor a funny one. The very fact that you talk about chart performance and record sales is proof that you didn't intend your post as some incredibly subtle work of irony that we all missed. That's the usual axe you grind, and you grind it with nothing less than constant regularity and the same dull, boring whine.

Don't insult members here by implying -- no, directly stating -- that they aren't swift enough to pick up on your cleverness. You'll never be too smart in this room, I can tell you that.

Offline JuniorEmblem

• Child of Grace
« Reply #54 on: February 17, 2009, 08:47:12 PM »
Jick, your version of "irony" is about as sophisticated as Alanis Morrisette's.

You haven't got an ironic bone in your entire body -- nor a funny one. The very fact that you talk about chart performance and record sales is proof that you didn't intend your post as some incredibly subtle work of irony that we all missed. That's the usual axe you grind, and you grind it with nothing less than constant regularity and the same dull, boring whine.

Don't insult members here by implying -- no, directly stating -- that they aren't swift enough to pick up on your cleverness. You'll never be too smart in this room, I can tell you that.

he's as funny as a bucket of balut..............

Offline justinluey

• Stateless
  • "Dream Out Loud, at high volume" - Bono
« Reply #55 on: February 17, 2009, 09:42:37 PM »
if it leaks, than less people will buy it resulting in less success

There is no proof of this at all and there are many examples of leaks or free mp3s leading to far greater sales. This album will be available for free everywhere within a few days of the release date at the latest. Those who don't buy music aren't going to run out and buy it because it didn't come out early and some people who download it online will love it and either go buy a copy or buy tickets to a show etc. The artists and record companies are finally starting to realize this, I never thought people on message boards would be the last to catch on.

Offline jick

• Precious Stone
« Reply #56 on: February 18, 2009, 07:15:11 AM »
I guess U2 also took my post seriously.  Less than 24 hours after I started my post, they made a leak.

When I complained about how inaccessible the music in Pop was, they went on to release Sweetest Thing, ATYCLB, then remixed Pop.

It's nice to know that U2 listens to fan comments.

Cheers,

J

Offline evel12314

• Elevated
  • Squeeze out sparks of light.
« Reply #57 on: February 18, 2009, 07:24:12 AM »
Yes, jick, I'm sure the band members are just dying to follow your every suggestion.

Anyway, I declare this thread moot. ;)

Offline JuniorEmblem

• Child of Grace
« Reply #58 on: February 18, 2009, 07:36:36 AM »
I guess U2 also took my post seriously.  Less than 24 hours after I started my post, they made a leak.

When I complained about how inaccessible the music in Pop was, they went on to release Sweetest Thing, ATYCLB, then remixed Pop.

Cheers,

J

So, was THIS humor  ?

??????????

As  I said, make it FUNNY !!!!!

Offline CiscoJP

• Stateless
« Reply #59 on: February 18, 2009, 07:41:46 AM »

Cheers,

J

So, was THIS humor  ?

??????????

As  I said, make it FUNNY !!!!!

Ironically, this comment is only funny if he was actually being serious...