Author Topic: U2's failure/refusal to leak album destined to backfire...  (Read 7694 times)

Offline Nagrom99

• Numb
  • I'm 25, trying to stay alive.....
Re: U2's failure/refusal to leak album destined to backfire...
« Reply #60 on: February 18, 2009, 07:46:03 AM »
Unfortunately, certain individuals are making it very hard not to move to interference.  I like this site much better, but....having to put up with complete rubbish everyday is making it very difficult to stay here.  I'm going to read the rules again, maybe I'm in the wrong.  I thought trolling was a bannable offence.

I find Interference very difficult to enjoy - but, it's better then dealing with this nonsense.

Offline jick

• Precious Stone
« Reply #61 on: February 18, 2009, 07:49:36 AM »
I have professed my love for the song Crazy Tonight since the 30 second clips came out.  If U2 will indeed release it as their second single, it will prove how well they listen to their true fans.

Cheers,

J

Offline CiscoJP

• Stateless
« Reply #62 on: February 18, 2009, 07:50:29 AM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
Unfortunately, certain individuals are making it very hard not to move to interference.  I like this site much better, but....having to put up with complete rubbish everyday is making it very difficult to stay here.  I'm going to read the rules again, maybe I'm in the wrong.  I thought trolling was a bannable offence.

I find Interference very difficult to enjoy - but, it's better then dealing with this nonsense.

Ugh...I'm with you, Nagrom...

Offline JuniorEmblem

• Child of Grace
  • 10 types, those who know binary & those who don't
« Reply #63 on: February 18, 2009, 07:58:18 AM »

Oh there's rubbish over there, a LOT of it, but they did have the common sense to get rid of a certain person....

« Last Edit: February 18, 2009, 08:03:01 AM by JuniorEmblem »

Offline Nagrom99

• Numb
« Reply #64 on: February 18, 2009, 08:01:42 AM »

[/quote

Oh there's rubbish over there, a LOT of it, but they did have the common sense to get rid of a certain person....

This would be much more of an enjoyable site if @u2 would do the same.  C'mon guys, I have faith we can get this done.

Offline Lesmo

• Party Girl/Boy
« Reply #65 on: February 18, 2009, 08:15:32 AM »
At his late in the game, HTDAAB already leaked.  Albums of other artists had already leaked.

The new album has not leaked.

It seems U2 are going the extra mile on beefing up album release procedures just so it won't leak early.  But this will entail extra security expenses, since it covers a global scale and massive expenses.

Their record company will have to shoulder extra warehousing costs for the album, or require quick logistics work, or delay pressing until the last minute, just to save these few extra days of non-leak.

But what will this save U2?  Just a few pennies because only the few hardcore "forum fans" will be made aware of the album.  On the flip side, if the album was really good, the few hundreds of the "forum fans" will make noise equal to a million fans and the hype is instantly generated.

It was the early leak of HTDAAB and the powerful single of Vertigo that peaked interest in the album and gave U2 their strongest ever chart debut.

Now it seems U2 are spending more resources, money, and time just to prevent the leak.  But how much money will a non-leak save them compared to their expenses?  Not that much.

The numbers, the logic, and the math just don't add up.  It is indeed puzzling to guess why U2 don't want the album to leak, even just to its hardcore fans.

Unless perhaps they realize the album is a little hard to digest in the first listen and is challenging, and an acquired taste.

But U2's failure and/or refusal to leak the album will earn the ire of their forum fans who consist of a very small population but who are very loud and influential in the internet world.  These fans could have been the ones to spread the word and market the album for them.  U2's actions now are surely destined to backfire.

It is almost certain that the new album will not debut as strong as HTDAAB, and one of the reasons will be the band's failure to let it leak.

Cheers,

J

Am not that sure on the second line of your writing...

An Cat Dubh

« Reply #66 on: February 18, 2009, 02:36:47 PM »
I guess U2 also took my post seriously.  Less than 24 hours after I started my post, they made a leak.

When I complained about how inaccessible the music in Pop was, they went on to release Sweetest Thing, ATYCLB, then remixed Pop.

It's nice to know that U2 listens to fan comments.

Cheers,

J

You do have a sense of humor after all. (Either that or you are being as ridiculous as you usually are)

An Cat Dubh

« Reply #67 on: February 18, 2009, 02:38:26 PM »
I have professed my love for the song Crazy Tonight since the 30 second clips came out.  If U2 will indeed release it as their second single, it will prove how well they listen to their true fans.

Cheers,

J

Jick, funny how all the reviews from "fans' put Crazy Tonight as their least favorite. Oh, and apparantly the album far different from ATYCLB & HTDAAB!

joegtheog

« Reply #68 on: February 18, 2009, 02:46:19 PM »
Jick got popped.  This is his way of owning up to it. By not owning up to it at all. Or by claiming that U2 is ressponding to his posts in terms of releasing/leaking singles and albums.  :D

Hilarious.

Offline jick

• Precious Stone
« Reply #69 on: February 18, 2009, 02:53:28 PM »
Jick, funny how all the reviews from "fans' put Crazy Tonight as their least favorite. Oh, and apparantly the album far different from ATYCLB & HTDAAB!

Where are these reviews?  Check out all the different online forums and the Crazy Tonight appreciation threads - there is much much love for the song.  Anyway, I have noticed I conform more with U2's train of thought than with their fans and I think Crazy Tonight should be their next single and will be ultimately more successful than Boots.

Cheers,

J

Offline Nagrom99

• Numb
« Reply #70 on: February 18, 2009, 02:55:15 PM »
someone hit him in the head and knock him out for another 8 hours...please.

joegtheog

« Reply #71 on: February 18, 2009, 02:56:47 PM »
someone hit him in the head and knock him out for another 8 hours...please.

Some people are never wrong.  especially online.  Jick is always one step ahead of everyone else, including himself.

An Cat Dubh

« Reply #72 on: February 18, 2009, 03:02:56 PM »

I have noticed I conform more with U2's train of thought than with their fans

[/quote]

:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

I told you, he has found his sense of humor.

Cheers

Z

Offline JuniorEmblem

• Child of Grace
  • 10 types, those who know binary & those who don't
« Reply #73 on: February 18, 2009, 03:05:26 PM »

I have noticed I conform more with U2's train of thought than with their fans

:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

I told you, he has found his sense of humor.

Cheers

Z
[/quote]

what's that old adage about overcoming stage fright by imagining the audience naked ? With Jick, just imagine that everythign he's writing is TRYING to be funny and I think it'll be a lot easier to digest, otherwise it's like it's trying to eat balut

An Cat Dubh

« Reply #74 on: February 18, 2009, 03:06:59 PM »
otherwise it's like it's trying to eat balut

[/quote]

:D :D :D Those poor little chicks!