Author Topic: Won't the Real U2 Fans Please Stand Up?  (Read 8736 times)

Hawkmoon2e

Re: Won't the Real U2 Fans Please Stand Up?
« Reply #75 on: March 14, 2013, 01:58:31 AM »
Simple: If you think you're a real fan, then you're a real fan.
And if I think I'm a real fan, then I'm a real fan. The problem is when all the measuring starts. Take it from Liam:

You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

And BTW, I'm a real fan, and I wrote this while sitting.

surit87

« Reply #76 on: March 14, 2013, 04:18:26 AM »
Well said, Hawkmoon.

Offline briscoetheque

• Traffic Cop (Rue du Marais)
  • R-E-S-T-E-C-P
« Reply #77 on: March 14, 2013, 06:02:55 AM »
All the answers you seek You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

There are actually only 65 REAL FANTMs on this board.
« Last Edit: March 14, 2013, 06:04:45 AM by briscoetheque »

Offline Siberian Tiger

• Child of Grace
  • There is no them, there's only us
« Reply #78 on: March 14, 2013, 07:02:10 AM »
All the answers you seek You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

There are actually only 65 REAL FANTMs on this board.

Since you told us of that old poll, the count is now up to 68 yes and 15 no. So it's an old argument obviously. It is curious that 15 people said no. I wonder if they are still trolling around trying to pi*s off the real fans.

Offline Johnny Feathers

• Elevated
« Reply #79 on: March 14, 2013, 07:07:42 AM »
I just saw that poll for the first time and voted "no".  Because not caring what others think of my fandom obviously makes me not a real fan.  (Also, I passed on seeing U2 at least once when I could have, and I think the 00's have been a weaker decade than the previous two.)

Offline JTBaby

• Elevated
« Reply #80 on: March 14, 2013, 07:09:54 AM »
I voted yes even though I think a certain album is a large pile of something and i will no longer go see the band in a s***d** whether or not they are playing a hits set for the casual fans like they did on 3*0

Offline dirtdrybonesandstone

• Numb
« Reply #81 on: March 14, 2013, 11:19:11 AM »
I'm the kind of person who likes to enjoy things that are new and creative. I also enjoy the nostalgic. I'm not actually trying to rank which is better.

Essentially if you insist time and time again on calling Atomic Bomb crap, when you have made your point, after a while it just becomes impolite, childish behaviour. Call it what ou want, but it is certainly not respectful. A lot of you guys here act like high school students, whether it is me you are talking to or Jick or bethere. Try having friendly, respectful conversation for a change. JTBaby, you are by far the most sarcastic and rudest person on this forum.

It would be nice if the moderators of this forum could step up and do something about it.

This forum is about all sorts of opinions and it is about debating these and that is encouraged. The trick is accepting different points of view exist - life in this place becomes easier. That said the mods do intervene when the 'how' of the conversation gets pushed. For me it is simple - be civil and respect the fact a different point of view can exist out with your own

Reacting...always gets the reaction. Goading and some of the other tiresome stuff I've seen recently is not on and there are a few members walking a very thin line in terms of their on going participation. That said there are other threads where balanced discussion and more mature behaviour exist and it may be a better option to post there.

So enough of the mod intervention and on with the discussion...

I agree that reacting to any of those posts, or commenting on threads he initiates, is also questionable behaviour.   Regardless, there is only so much that one should have tolerate with being a member here.  I think commenting to one of the female posters on here about her panties crosses the line.   

Offline JTBaby

• Elevated
« Reply #82 on: March 14, 2013, 11:25:41 AM »
^

You've never heard the phrase "don't get your panties in a bundle" or "don't get your knickers in a twist"

« Last Edit: March 14, 2013, 03:27:23 PM by singnomore »

Offline flopro

• Party Girl/Boy
  • The Edge is god... Bono's just a decoy...
« Reply #83 on: March 14, 2013, 02:19:28 PM »
I'm only 16 and i think that anyone can enjoy U2 music, but what classes someone as a 'real' fan? Someone who listen's to there music everyday (like me)? Or someone who collects everything U2 there is to get?

Offline Johnny Feathers

• Elevated
« Reply #84 on: March 14, 2013, 02:21:56 PM »
I'm only 16 and i think that anyone can enjoy U2 music, but what classes someone as a 'real' fan? Someone who listen's to there music everyday (like me)? Or someone who collects everything U2 there is to get?

The correct answer is "yes".

Offline flopro

• Party Girl/Boy
« Reply #85 on: March 14, 2013, 02:24:59 PM »
The correct answer is "yes".

:o

Offline Siberian Tiger

• Child of Grace
  • There is no them, there's only us
« Reply #86 on: March 14, 2013, 02:26:19 PM »
If I was to say that I only like one U2 song and thought the rest were crap and yet called myself a fan, there is no way any of you would agree. You have to draw the line somewhere. So just what percentage of U2's material do you have to like to be a fan?

I'm curious to get some opinions on that percentage?!

Offline Tumbling Dice

• Drowning Man/Woman
  • I won't pay the usual fee
« Reply #87 on: March 14, 2013, 02:28:13 PM »

Enjoyment of listening to their music is the most important thing.  Collecting possessions is just materialism and nothing to do with real fan status.  It's not strictly necessary to listen the music *every* day in order to be considered a real fan, but if you don't, other fans might start whispering behind your back. 

Offline flopro

• Party Girl/Boy
« Reply #88 on: March 14, 2013, 02:33:20 PM »
Enjoyment of listening to their music is the most important thing.  Collecting possessions is just materialism and nothing to do with real fan status.  It's not strictly necessary to listen the music *every* day in order to be considered a real fan, but if you don't, other fans might start whispering behind your back.

U2 is the only music on my iTunes at the moment, but i just can't get enough!  ::)

Offline Tumbling Dice

• Drowning Man/Woman
  • I won't pay the usual fee
« Reply #89 on: March 14, 2013, 02:34:09 PM »
If I was to say that I only like one U2 song and thought the rest were crap and yet called myself a fan, there is no way any of you would agree. You have to draw the line somewhere. So just what percentage of U2's material do you have to like to be a fan?

I'm curious to get some opinions on that percentage?!

I must say, you're going about this in the correct manner.  The only way you can hope to ever attain real fan status is by asking questions and receiving advice and guidance from the elders.