Author Topic: 3 lines from clips that are either genious or... not  (Read 1706 times)

hellohellomarco

3 lines from clips that are either genious or... not
« on: February 17, 2009, 07:50:06 PM »
After weeks of discussing it with my friend, I bring it to the forum:

Cockatoo!

I love this line/word.  It reminds me of a mature John Lennon who's thrown out convention ala and suited himself with a sort of bombastic approach to life, but with good reason and credibility (note Liam Ghallager [sp?])

The other two however, are ones, that, as I pull on my collar, I'm afraid sites like Pitchfork Media are gonna go to town on.  You probably already know what they are

Stop helping God cross the road like a little old lady

How do you feel about it?  I'm trying, very hard, to get over it, and see it as cool and not some old man trying to kick it with the new crowd

and,

Every beauty needs to go out with an idiot  of course, this sounds a little better in the context of the song.  But, arg, there were times when Bono's lyrics stood on their own two feet.  Like Some Days':  Your skin is white, but you think you're a brother. 

That's ballsy slash questionable, but, in the end, its a damn cool line that DOES NOT need the preceding nor succeeding lines to justify it.  Arg!

Offline ProofThatThisIsReal

• Party Girl/Boy
  • That's no moon...
Re: 3 lines from clips that are either genious or... not
« Reply #1 on: February 17, 2009, 08:00:28 PM »
I don't mind any of them particularly, though the second one is kinda 'meh'

Though, this is coming from someone who likes "like the top of a newborn babies head"

And I like the third a lot.

shockdocta22

« Reply #2 on: February 17, 2009, 08:24:46 PM »
hate the first ok with 2nd, love the third

Offline evel12314

• Elevated
  • Squeeze out sparks of light.
« Reply #3 on: February 17, 2009, 09:35:57 PM »
I don't really have a problem with any of them.