Author Topic: Has any other band you've seen had a louder crowd than U2?  (Read 8741 times)

Offline Droo

• Traffic Cop (Rue du Marais)
  • don't expect, suggest
Re: Has any other band you've seen had a louder crowd than U2?
« Reply #45 on: April 06, 2013, 04:09:15 PM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Also, I don't care if nobody else cheers or if everybody else cheers. If I like the song, I'm going to enjoy a live performance.

Easy to say. I thought I would be the same way. Then the tepid crowd response to Your Blue Room in Toronto was like a punch to the balls in the middle of sex. It ruined the whole performance for me.

Offline Blue Silken Sky

• Elevated
  • What are the feelings you left behind?
« Reply #46 on: April 06, 2013, 04:17:52 PM »

Also, I don't care if nobody else cheers or if everybody else cheers. If I like the song, I'm going to enjoy a live performance.

Easy to say. I thought I would be the same way. Then the tepid crowd response to Your Blue Room in Toronto was like a punch to the balls in the middle of sex. It ruined the whole performance for me.
Yeah?  :( I don't have that problem. As long as my viewing or hearing experience is not being physically obstructed, I can enjoy the moment with or without the crowd.

Offline imaginary friend

• Airborne Ranger
  • the vaccine for your wack scene
« Reply #47 on: April 06, 2013, 04:19:48 PM »
yeah, I'd rather hear the music than the crowd.

Offline JTBaby

• Elevated
« Reply #48 on: April 06, 2013, 04:25:15 PM »
In other news, I think JTBaby and I are neighbors you guys!

I'm in South OC

Offline Blue Silken Sky

• Elevated
  • What are the feelings you left behind?
« Reply #49 on: April 06, 2013, 04:55:59 PM »
In other news, I think JTBaby and I are neighbors you guys!

I'm in South OC
No one says South LA County (as I learned when I moved here) but that's where I am.

Offline bethere

• Running to Stand Still
« Reply #50 on: April 06, 2013, 05:39:32 PM »
I saw U2 in 1981

I can't find a youtube clip of that show

Must not have happened

I've filmed hundreds of clips

I never once filmed an audience section

Maybe there were no audiences

Or maybe my focus was on the stage area

Who'da thought to point the camera at the STAGE ?

Hey, its youtube and were talking 2009-2011. There hundreds if not thousands of clips from nearly angle of every stadium on the tour. I've not seen the half empty sections or empty sections caused by songs from NLOTH. If this was so common, you should be able to point out at least few clips of this occurance that you talk of so much.

I saw three shows myself on 360, and I did not see anything happen that did not happen on other U2 tours as far as crowd response and crowd behavior.

Offline JTBaby

• Elevated
« Reply #51 on: April 06, 2013, 05:43:01 PM »
No one has ever left any show any ever even if just to get nachos or a beer or take a leak.

It's not on YouTube.

Offline bethere

• Running to Stand Still
« Reply #52 on: April 06, 2013, 06:32:12 PM »
No one has ever left any show any ever even if just to get nachos or a beer or take a leak.

It's not on YouTube.

I'm looking for the MASS exodus producing half empty or entirely empty sections. Thats not a tall order. You can tell a section in a stadium is half empty from over hundred yards away. From all the youtube clips I have seen, the stadium looks full everywhere you look. Thats not to say people don't get nachos, beer, or take a break, but that happens during ANY SONG, any show, on every tour, by every artist out there.

Offline Tumbling Dice

• Drowning Man/Woman
  • I won't pay the usual fee
« Reply #53 on: April 06, 2013, 06:33:56 PM »
Have you ever heard of a research method called Participant Observation?

Offline JTBaby

• Elevated
« Reply #54 on: April 06, 2013, 06:36:14 PM »
you're looking for videos people have uploaded that were filmed in darkness of other people getting up form their seat to go the bathroom during a U2 concert.

good luck .

charge on

visitors can't see pics , please You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login or You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Offline bethere

• Running to Stand Still
« Reply #55 on: April 06, 2013, 06:43:14 PM »
you're looking for videos people have uploaded that were filmed in darkness of other people getting up form their seat to go the bathroom during a U2 concert.

good luck .

charge on

visitors can't see pics , please You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login or You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

No, I'm looking for those half empty sections, the mass exodus during NLOTH songs. Not just someone going to the bathroom. By the way, there are youtube clips of people clapping, dancing to songs during the concert so even though its dark, you can still see that, plus the bands lighting lights up multiple sections of the stadium at times and even the entire stadium at others. Pretty easy to see all those alleged half empty sections due to NLOTH songs.

Offline Tumbling Dice

• Drowning Man/Woman
  • I won't pay the usual fee
« Reply #56 on: April 06, 2013, 06:44:35 PM »

good luck .

charge on

No, I'm looking for those half empty sections, the mass exodus during NLOTH songs. Not just someone going to the bathroom. By the way, there are youtube clips of people clapping, dancing to songs during the concert so even though its dark, you can still see that, plus the bands lighting lights up multiple sections of the stadium at times and even the entire stadium at others. Pretty easy to see all those alleged half empty sections due to NLOTH songs.

Make sure you watch EVERY U2 360 clip on YouTube.

Offline JTBaby

• Elevated
« Reply #57 on: April 06, 2013, 06:49:31 PM »

good luck .

charge on

good luck .

charge on

good luck .

charge on

Go ahead. See how many people filmed dark empty seats and draw a conclusion.

Charge on Don.

Offline THRILLHO

• Holy Joe
  • The sun won't melt our wings tonight
« Reply #58 on: April 06, 2013, 09:05:46 PM »

Yeah?  :( I don't have that problem. As long as my viewing or hearing experience is not being physically obstructed, I can enjoy the moment with or without the crowd.

Yea i don't care what the crowd is doing as long as they arent shoving me/blocking my view

Offline feedback

• Refugee
  • 'Father is an Elephant'
« Reply #59 on: April 07, 2013, 12:49:05 AM »
To answer the OP's question....I think this concert footage of Van Halen circa 1982 at the 19:25 mark put us U2 audiences to shame for generations: