Author Topic: U2 fashion & style  (Read 3328 times)

Offline Wesley108

• Babyface
  • Artist.Songwriter.Actor.Speaker.Coach.Wanderer.
U2 fashion & style
« on: April 06, 2013, 01:22:54 AM »
Thought this would be a fun discussion.   

Being a HUGE Bono fan starting from the Unforgettable Fire days, most of my favorite "looks" were during THAT era - continuing to the Conspiracy of Hope tour/Amnesty tour and the beginnings of Joshua Tree Tour (not when they went cowboy). 

This kind of post has probably been done in some form or other but couldn't find it when I looked.

Name some of your favorite pieces of U2 fashion or style history.

I'll go first...

Bono's earrings
visitors can't see pics , please You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login or You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Necklaces/accessories
visitors can't see pics , please You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login or You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Love Bono's hair in this era.  I still want to grow my hair like that.  :)

I searched for these boots FOREVER back in the late 80s... never found them.  The closest thing I found were motorcycle cop boots.

Your turn...  ;D

Offline bgirl

• Stateless
Re: U2 fashion & style
« Reply #1 on: April 07, 2013, 12:35:36 AM »
Oh yes, the long hair and earings...love that look.  And of course there is the leather vest by itself look :)

Offline Wesley108

• Babyface
« Reply #2 on: April 07, 2013, 02:31:07 AM »
Do you mean THIS look?   ;)

Offline EnduringChill

• Genius of Compression
« Reply #3 on: April 07, 2013, 04:54:44 PM »
The boots from Rattle and Hum are my favorite Bono boots. I have a pair that almost looks like them...

Anyway. Bono's best look is definitely this:

The gold jacket, the face makeup, the red shirt... I would wear all of that.

I love Adam's PopMart look:

And his red camo pants from Vertigo and Elevation, which I sadly can't find a picture of.

And his all-white attire from 360:

I adore Edge's all-white PopMart look too:

And returning to Bono, his leather pants:

Interesting way of cropping that... Nice belt buckle too.

Offline bgirl

• Stateless
« Reply #4 on: April 07, 2013, 11:59:50 PM »
 :P :P  that is a PERFECT example , Wesley....u really know how to make girls night ;D

Offline Wesley108

• Babyface
« Reply #5 on: April 12, 2013, 10:22:04 AM »
Bgirl, I aim to please.   ;)

Offline theocean

• Genius of Compression
  • The songs are in your eyes
« Reply #6 on: May 16, 2013, 06:30:54 AM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login or You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

I'm likin this style...his style... :D :D

Offline OnlyU2

• Holy Joe
  • Who's to say what it is will break you
« Reply #7 on: May 16, 2013, 08:32:23 PM »

I am loving how he is looking today !!!