Author Topic: Zane Low on 4/22 BBC Radio 1:listening to new music by "four fantastic dudes"  (Read 19230 times)

Offline stigman

• Party Girl/Boy
  • live is where we live
Zane Lowe - someone needs to tell him he is not a friend of the band
« Last Edit: April 24, 2013, 10:20:43 AM by singnomore »

Offline kango

• Desert Rose
  • I know I'm not a hopeless case.
Too soon I reckon. Kings Of Leon? They are touring again in a couple of months and have been working on a new album.

Offline miryclay

• Up With the Sun
The 4 tops?

Offline Thunder Peel

• Up With the Sun
There's a naive part of my that hopes if it isn't U2 then it's R.E.M., complete with Bill Barry for one more album.

A guy can dream...

Offline Tumbling Dice

• Drowning Man/Woman
  • I won't pay the usual fee
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
There's a naive part of my that hopes if it isn't U2 then it's R.E.M., complete with Bill Barry for one more album.

I'd settle for the trio to tour their last album, Collapse Into Now.  In arenas, of course.

Offline Thunder Peel

• Up With the Sun
I'd settle for the trio to tour their last album, Collapse Into Now.  In arenas, of course.

That too. I enjoyed their music all the way to the end and would love one more chance to catch them live.

Offline Breeze

• Wanderer
  • Rockstar Jerk Supremo
... 4 musicians... haven't played together in a long while... BBC .... 

Obviously, it's the Beatles.

Offline miryclay

• Up With the Sun
four young lads from Liverpool?

Offline spooked1oo

• Numb
  • Fourty-five lightyears from home
... 4 musicians... haven't played together in a long while... BBC .... 

Obviously, it's the Beatles.

Obviously, but with using one of those fancy new hologram thingies for John Lennon.

Offline Jono

• Running to Stand Still
  • Nice job by #MoteeShoe
and george ;)

Offline Jono

• Running to Stand Still
  • Nice job by #MoteeShoe
don't know Zane, so please update. it's not too early i don't think for some initial reviews and the, perhaps, eventuality of leaks?
that said, i'm pretty sure this will be a highly calculated 'e' type release, ap, itunes etc.

satellitedog01

What about Coldplay? Have those walking sleeping pills been away long enough to be eligible?

Offline Smithy

• Party Girl/Boy
listen to the start of this -

..guys I really do think he is talking about them... ;D

Offline The Unknown Caller

• Holy Joe
  • TORIIIIIINOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!
listen to the start of this -

..guys I really do think he is talking about them... ;D

Can you summarise what he says for those of us who can't access it?

Offline Smithy

• Party Girl/Boy
"We went to listen to new music by arguably the biggest rock band in the world, cant even tell you who it is or what it is, cant even talk about it, not ready yet. All I can say is that it's amazing..(chatter)...We just did an interview with arguably the biggest band going around right now and can't even tell you who it is or when its going out or what's happening with it, cant talk about it !"

"...Everyone's just like, 'we'd love to talk to you, cant tell anybody about it ! We'd love you to hear the record but can't tell anybody about it yet!'

He seemed very frustrated he couldn't say anything about it, but the main pieces of new information we can take from this is if this is U2 which I would bet any money it is then they are now doing secret previews of the new record and interviews with the band as we speak !

..and I definitely think it is them due to the element of secrecy surrounding this project which is on a scale we haven't seen in some time from them, I think that they are willing to share what they have (which is pretty much the finished result) and get second opinions from (not surprisingly) radio dj's and the like. I think they are just holding back for a end of year release so it can fall in to their common schedule and I am willing to bet they this will be out by October.