Author Topic: Willie Williams: the album is ready but won't come out until 2014  (Read 10071 times)

Offline Tumbling Dice

• Drowning Man/Woman
  • I won't pay the usual fee
Re: Willie Williams: the album is ready but won't come out until 2014
« Reply #15 on: May 01, 2013, 01:23:59 PM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
2013 or 2014, doesnt matter to me. Just gimme a damn good product with no Lillywhitewashing.

Yeah I can wait anothe year. I'd rather have a good album in 12 months than a mediocre one in six.

The longer you wait, the more time U2 have to tinker with the album.

Offline an tha

• Airborne Ranger
  • You can swallow, or you can spit.
« Reply #16 on: May 01, 2013, 02:53:19 PM »
2013 or 2014, doesnt matter to me. Just gimme a damn good product with no Lillywhitewashing.

Yeah I can wait anothe year. I'd rather have a good album in 12 months than a mediocre one in six.

The longer you wait, the more time U2 have to tinker with the album.

Aye - and the longer they have to tinker and over think it - the worse it will be.

Offline Swimming Sorrows

• Stateless
« Reply #17 on: May 01, 2013, 02:58:43 PM »
Guess we should be thankful NL was released in 2009 and the 360 tour happened based on this "rumour".

Fall 2014 would be 5.5 years after we figured on a quick follow-up in 2009 originally. I'm glad to hear it's in the can though (i.e. no tinkering).

Offline miryclay

• Up With the Sun
« Reply #18 on: May 01, 2013, 03:46:34 PM »
This could be the dumbest rumor I've heard.

Why would U2 wait until Europe has financially stabilized/recovered, they're a band not stock brokers, and the album won't be in post-production if they're aiming for a September release, if they're aiming for a September release then the album won't have to be in post-production until about July.

Can someone please enlighten me on how a bunch of retracting economies in Europe can influence U2's decision on releasing an album?

It might be seen as cheeky for them to offer a product when so many are struggling. It is not like the USA where it is all commerce and consumption all the time...

Offline mdmomof7

• Holy Joe
  • Im born again to the latest sound
« Reply #19 on: May 01, 2013, 05:22:50 PM »
This could be the dumbest rumor I've heard.

Why would U2 wait until Europe has financially stabilized/recovered, they're a band not stock brokers, and the album won't be in post-production if they're aiming for a September release, if they're aiming for a September release then the album won't have to be in post-production until about July.

Can someone please enlighten me on how a bunch of retracting economies in Europe can influence U2's decision on releasing an album?

It might be seen as cheeky for them to offer a product when so many are struggling. It is not like the USA where it is all commerce and consumption all the time...

Yeah, no one in the US is being let go from their jobs or taxed to death. We are all just consuming here.

Offline dirtdrybonesandstone

• Numb
« Reply #20 on: May 01, 2013, 05:54:25 PM »
This tells me one of three things.

1.  This is entirely BS.  We knew better than to expect a 2013 release in the first place.
2.  They aren't confident in the potential of the album.
3.  They don't want to compete against JT at the Grammies.
« Last Edit: May 01, 2013, 06:43:18 PM by dirtdrybonesandstone »

Offline The Unknown Caller

• Holy Joe
  • TORIIIIIINOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!
« Reply #21 on: May 01, 2013, 06:02:02 PM »
Yeah, this just doesn't seem very credible to me.

Offline Miami66

• Airborne Ranger
  • The goal is soul
« Reply #22 on: May 01, 2013, 06:47:35 PM »
I'm calling BS. Plus give me an album asap, I need some U2 to cheer me up

Offline The Edges Cat

• Desert Rose
« Reply #23 on: May 01, 2013, 07:52:53 PM »
According to my accountant's girlfriend's hairdresser's grandma, U2 tours boost national economies by unos dos tres catorce percent. So put this rumour in the same pile as "Bono is a Bilderberger" and "Larry really is a real hitman."

Offline OnlyU2

• Holy Joe
  • Who's to say what it is will break you
« Reply #24 on: May 01, 2013, 09:20:16 PM »
All I can say is that it is getting very frustrating. All these different dates of the release is getting boring, waiting and wondering what's a rumour or what's fact is quite unnerving, all the guessing when this album will finally be released is tiresome!  As anxious as I am, I have to stop thinking about it.  When that day finally comes, it will be like a huge weight being lifted from our shoulders!

Offline Dali

• Child of Grace
« Reply #25 on: May 02, 2013, 01:48:17 AM »
They want to wait for Europe to financially recover? U2'd better put the album out right now while they still have a chance. In their song "Miss Sarajevo", they asked the question "Is there a time for East 17"? If the story from the interference board has some truth to it, band management now asks themselves "Is there a time for U2?"

They should remember how long it took for Bosnia to recover. Bono lobbying for a debt cancellation initiative for Europe might be on the cards next, instead of the album.

Fall/Winter 2013 should be the time for release, if the album is actually finished. That would also fit together quite well with their artwork department (Steve Averill) getting into gear now.

Offline boom boom

• Running to Stand Still
« Reply #26 on: May 02, 2013, 05:47:27 AM »
If this is for real are they using Europe's economey as an excuse for delay or the real reason is doubt is probably starting to creep in as deadline's come closer.  Watch out for the Lillywhite S.O.S. signal going out or maybe Lanois and Eno, whoever is available. 

smee

« Reply #27 on: May 02, 2013, 06:03:52 AM »
I treat all such "rumours" with a pinch of salt. I have lost count over the years, the amount of times, we have had posts stating that U2s guitar tech says this, u2 tour manager says that, Someone connected to u2 says the other. And they all turn out to be garbage!
My (u2 fan of 31 yrs) gut feeling is, that we will see a new album before xmas 2013

Offline sulphur76

• Refugee
« Reply #28 on: May 02, 2013, 06:08:27 AM »
All I can say is that it is getting very frustrating. All these different dates of the release is getting boring, waiting and wondering what's a rumour or what's fact is quite unnerving, all the guessing when this album will finally be released is tiresome!

Agreed.
If only the band had some sort of way to get a message to their fans, providing an update as to how things are going or just letting them know that it is coming, maybe dispelling some of these rumors. Hell, I would pay a fee to join some fan club or website if it meant I received some news on the band and how the album is going.

If only.....

Offline Babyface1411

• Party Girl/Boy
« Reply #29 on: May 02, 2013, 01:34:45 PM »
All I can say is that it is getting very frustrating. All these different dates of the release is getting boring, waiting and wondering what's a rumour or what's fact is quite unnerving, all the guessing when this album will finally be released is tiresome!

Agreed.
If only the band had some sort of way to get a message to their fans, providing an update as to how things are going or just letting them know that it is coming, maybe dispelling some of these rumors. Hell, I would pay a fee to join some fan club or website if it meant I received some news on the band and how the album is going.

If only.....

totally agree!!