Author Topic: Willie Williams: the album is ready but won't come out until 2014  (Read 10076 times)

Offline an tha

• Airborne Ranger
  • You can swallow, or you can spit.
Re: Willie Williams: the album is ready but won't come out until 2014
« Reply #45 on: May 04, 2013, 07:11:02 PM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
But the only reason the last tour ended in 2011 is because of Bonos back problem.. It should have ended sooner. The last album came out in 2009. Its now 2013. 4 years. And coming off a album that didn't strike a chord id say they would be eager to get new material out. But.. this is speculation. Who knows. The silent treatment could be a really smart PR move or the band are really unsure at the moment.

All guess work of course... The silence isn't a "problem" in my view, an album coming out without all the hyperbole would be a good thing.

We only really have the actual quotes from the band to go on - and to the best of my knowledge the most recent ones are from Larry and Adam which point to hopefully this year - rumours and speculation, and people picking up snippets from people "in the know" and or second guessing will always happen of course. All part of the fun of fans waiting for the new material.
« Last Edit: May 04, 2013, 07:12:59 PM by an tha »

Offline The Edges Cat

• Desert Rose
« Reply #46 on: May 04, 2013, 08:06:13 PM »
Great news, everybody! Someone in Bhutan just cracked a smile, Gross National Happiness is on the rise, so the album is on again for Sept - Nov 2013. :D

Offline jenniferh aka jen

• Traffic Cop (Rue du Marais)
« Reply #47 on: May 04, 2013, 09:18:12 PM »
It doesn't make sense that they would have the album in the can and wait to release it sometime in 2014-2015. It's not the way they work, especially Edge. The way these guys work, if the album were to be postponed to 2015, then it would be rerecorded. They wouldn't be able to stop tinkering with it.

I'm going with Steve Averill's info about his team meeting with the band in the next week or so to begin working on the new album cover and graphics. He had a very excited look on his face when he said this, so I'm sure it's true!

Offline eddyjedi

• Elevated
« Reply #48 on: May 05, 2013, 07:38:14 AM »
But the only reason the last tour ended in 2011 is because of Bonos back problem.. It should have ended sooner. The last album came out in 2009. Its now 2013. 4 years. And coming off a album that didn't strike a chord id say they would be eager to get new material out. But.. this is speculation. Who knows. The silent treatment could be a really smart PR move or the band are really unsure at the moment.

I think it's the former. Considering how much Bono likes to talk up the band, he hasn't said anything for some time and whenever he has he has always played things down in that if we are to get something it has to be great. Or what's the point?

The band have also stated their intentions of releasing an album in a quicker succession than their previous recent efforts. Time will tell but I think we'll get something much sooner than we think.

smee

« Reply #49 on: May 05, 2013, 08:22:31 AM »
Maybe the band are gonna do a "Bowie" and just release a single out of the blue, then tell us the album is due in a months time

Offline SDD3000

• Stateless
« Reply #50 on: May 05, 2013, 06:31:53 PM »
Maybe the band are gonna do a "Bowie" and just release a single out of the blue, then tell us the album is due in a months time
This would be a really great move. Let the music do the talking instead of taking over the BBC and doing Letterman for a week.

Offline THRILLHO

• Holy Joe
  • The sun won't melt our wings tonight
« Reply #51 on: May 06, 2013, 07:33:52 AM »

that's called pulling a Radiohead. they've <twice now> announced the album a week or a month before it dropped on the website for free dl or donation. In Rainbows was donation anyways. U2 should do stuff like this, but they wont.

Offline shorne

• Intellectual Tortoise
  • Two crap albums in a row and we're done...
« Reply #52 on: May 07, 2013, 03:57:40 AM »
Waiting for the Rolling Stone review... when that happens, I'll beLIEve it. Until then, just enjoying the rest of my music library, U2 or not U2. By the way, I think the new Dpeche Mode is brutal.  A couple of bright spots... but yeesh.  Just call it quits already.

Offline Executioner

• Stateless
« Reply #53 on: May 07, 2013, 01:43:50 PM »
It will definitely come out this year.my mate who works very closely with them has been summoned to the south of France this wk to .lets put it this way. .could be reading this so don't want to say too much .september .october which the band have already stated is a definitely on schedule. And by all accounts a real game changer of a record .no line on the horizon could of been totally different if they had gone with the reggae type tunes they had ready but chickened out at the last minute.not saying this will be but it would of been very interesting to see the reaction to it.

Offline JTBaby

• Elevated
« Reply #54 on: May 07, 2013, 02:02:53 PM »
They went to morocco to record reggae ?

"Could have" not "could of"

Oh and lest we forget about this post thanksgiving nugget:

"Early 2013 album followed by tour in the fall. Its in the can now so I expect this to happen as the source has yet to tell porkies"

Offline eddyjedi

• Elevated
« Reply #55 on: May 07, 2013, 03:11:19 PM »
Soon sounds very reggae.

Offline Executioner

• Stateless
« Reply #56 on: May 07, 2013, 05:02:57 PM »

"Early 2013 album followed by tour in the fall. Its in the can now so I expect this to happen as the source has yet to tell porkies"

Well at least I got the year right,most so called experts on here have been predicting late 2014 early 2015 for a release date including you, but the wait will be over very soon.   
« Last Edit: May 07, 2013, 06:31:11 PM by m2 »

Offline eddyjedi

• Elevated
« Reply #57 on: May 07, 2013, 05:05:45 PM »

Well at least I got the year right,most so called experts on here have been predicting late 2014 early 2015 for a release date including you, but the wait will be over very soon.

Why don't you just tell us? What difference does it make?
« Last Edit: May 07, 2013, 06:32:45 PM by m2 »

Offline JTBaby

• Elevated
« Reply #58 on: May 07, 2013, 05:25:59 PM »

You got the year right ? Really ? I see no release date.

« Last Edit: May 07, 2013, 06:32:27 PM by m2 »

Offline m2

• Administrator
  • Desert Rose
  • I love the smell of fresh forum killspam.
« Reply #59 on: May 07, 2013, 06:32:09 PM »
A post has been edited. No personal attacks, please.

And JTBaby, I'd suggest you not appoint yourself the grammar and spelling police. It's rude and invites comments like the one you received.