Author Topic: JTBaby's been banned  (Read 6792 times)

satellitedog01

Re: JTBaby's been banned
« Reply #15 on: June 01, 2013, 02:19:28 PM »
And wipe some oreo crumbs from your table too. You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Borack

« Reply #16 on: June 01, 2013, 06:30:53 PM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
Good Riddance.  He was negative and argumentative a great deal of the time. Good job mods.

I disagree. While I don't understand the circumstances and did not read the objectionable remarks, I generally found JTB's remarks to be useful, often constructive and usually full of irreverent insights rather than demeaning insults. He may have possessed some contrarian perspectives, but he was also blunt and plain-spoken. What is the expression that Brits use to describe this trait or character? "someone who did not suffer fools gladly".

When I think of JT, and if I were to compare him to John Goodman's movie characters, I'd rate him as 85% John Chambers (Argo) and 15% Walter Sobchack (The Big Lebowski) ... But given that I'd not classify him as a Troll, and given that its a Saturday as I write this, there's only one thing to say. ... "Tsomer Tshabbos there JT, and enjoy the break".  Be well.

zootv

« Reply #17 on: June 01, 2013, 06:51:36 PM »
Good Riddance.  He was negative and argumentative a great deal of the time. Good job mods.

I disagree. While I don't understand the circumstances and did not read the objectionable remarks, I generally found JTB's remarks to be useful, often constructive and usually full of irreverent insights rather than demeaning insults. He may have possessed some contrarian perspectives, but he was also blunt and plain-spoken. What is the expression that Brits use to describe this trait or character? "someone who did not suffer fools gladly".

When I think of JT, and if I were to compare him to John Goodman's movie characters, I'd rate him as 85% John Chambers (Argo) and 15% Walter Sobchack (The Big Lebowski) ... But given that I'd not classify him as a Troll, and given that its a Saturday as I write this, there's only one thing to say. ... "Tsomer Tshabbos there JT, and enjoy the break".  Be well.

Lol.... A tad overly dramatic ;)

Offline Quenchable Thirst

• Headache in a Suitcase
  • It's a private show, no one else's gonna know
« Reply #18 on: June 01, 2013, 07:06:48 PM »
They shouldn't of banned him.

I'd sure appreciate it if forum members wouldn't make judgments (like the above) without knowing all of the info happening behind the scenes. Can we agree to that? Thx.

Sorry, I was trying to make a joke (or maybe invoke JTBaby by making the worst grammar mistake possible), but it clearly didn't work.  :-\

Offline GardenTart

• Elevated
  • Little and little they robbed and stole...
« Reply #19 on: June 01, 2013, 08:33:46 PM »
I'm sure that the mods banned him for good reason. I also found JT to be very negative and contrary (but that is not unlike many members on this forum) so I either ignored his comments or took them with a large grain of salt.

Having said that, he obviously has a lot of fans here and I don't like to see anyone permanently banned so I hope to see him back again.

Offline So Cruel

• Elevated
  • it ain't no sin to be glad that you're alive
« Reply #20 on: June 02, 2013, 10:17:39 AM »

So I guess if JT is Walter Sobchak then Bethere must be Donny.

Offline Siberian Tiger

• Child of Grace
  • There is no them, there's only us
« Reply #21 on: June 02, 2013, 11:23:19 AM »
When JTBaby comes back I would like to see an end to unqualified diatribes about Atomic Bomb being crap. We get that. Time to move on.
I would hate to listen to a year of talk about the new album being crap too, and how it's not as good as Achtung Baby. I'm looking forward to the new album and would love to have some good discussion about it here without a bad taste in my mouth because JT hates half the songs.

Offline So Cruel

• Elevated
  • it ain't no sin to be glad that you're alive
« Reply #22 on: June 02, 2013, 11:41:45 AM »
When JTBaby comes back I would like to see an end to unqualified diatribes about Atomic Bomb being crap. We get that. Time to move on.
I would hate to listen to a year of talk about the new album being crap too, and how it's not as good as Achtung Baby. I'm looking forward to the new album and would love to have some good discussion about it here without a bad taste in my mouth because JT hates half the songs.

Why would JT's opinion (or anyones for that matter) on U2's music leave you with a bad taste in your mouth? I know lots of people who think U2 are sh*t and it doesn't bother me at all.

zootv

« Reply #23 on: June 02, 2013, 11:45:05 AM »
That fact that he tried sneaking back on here goes to show that he does not accept his punishment, and nothing's going to change when he returns. Further proof that he should be gone for good.

Offline big_willy_wonka

• Headache in a Suitcase
« Reply #24 on: June 02, 2013, 11:58:01 AM »
Yea, he gets banned and this Promenade/Sugar Cubes guy is free to troll as he pleases? Give me a break.

That idiot got banned - and rightly so. I hate the way some people are free to express their opinions

Offline TheU2Ken

• Traffic Cop (Rue du Marais)
  • To tell the truth, this could be the last time
« Reply #25 on: June 02, 2013, 11:59:06 AM »
Oh Prom you are funny :D

Offline big_willy_wonka

• Headache in a Suitcase
« Reply #26 on: June 02, 2013, 11:59:58 AM »
Oh Prom you are funny :D

;D ;)

Borack

« Reply #27 on: June 02, 2013, 02:27:52 PM »
So I guess if JT is Walter Sobchak then Bethere must be Donny.

Hmmm. That's an interesting point ... and the more I thought about it as I swam in an oxygen deprived state, the more I came to agree with your assessment. Besides, as the following scene indicates, Walter cared a great deal about Donny, even though he might not have always agreed with his opinion or expressed a lot of support.

Meanwhile, if we continue down this strange path, AND if we agree to ignore some of the more villainous characters (Quintana, Treehorn, Bunny, and the Nihilist biker leader) ... then the question arises whom else could be cast in key roles.  With apologies to other folks (and with additional apologies to others who may have been left on the cutting room floor), my provisional role assignments would be:
Walter - JTBaby, Donny - BeThere, The Dude - So Cruel,  Mr. Lebowski Senior - ZooTV, The Stranger - SingNoMore, and Maude Lebowski - GardenTart. ... One might even make a case for BigWillyWonka as Brant or MM as one of the Cohen Brothers (that helped to facilitate the event) but eventually you run out of characters or good sense.  At any rate, be well everyone and play nice.

Offline EnduringChill

• Genius of Compression
« Reply #28 on: June 02, 2013, 03:18:09 PM »
It's odd that as soon as a member is banned, we let our opinions of said member fly publically, as if "They're gone, now we can talk about them (behind their backs)!" It seems weird to make this into a public thread.

But as it is... bye, JTBaby and Bethere, see you when time-out is over.

zootv

« Reply #29 on: June 02, 2013, 03:27:41 PM »
It's odd that as soon as a member is banned, we let our opinions of said member fly publically, as if "They're gone, now we can talk about them (behind their backs)!" It seems weird to make this into a public thread.

But as it is... bye, JTBaby and Bethere, see you when time-out is over.

I'm quite certain that he's read every word of this thread.