Author Topic: JTBaby's been banned  (Read 6793 times)

Offline big_willy_wonka

• Headache in a Suitcase
Re: JTBaby's been banned
« Reply #30 on: June 02, 2013, 03:40:36 PM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
It's odd that as soon as a member is banned, we let our opinions of said member fly publically, as if "They're gone, now we can talk about them (behind their backs)!" It seems weird to make this into a public thread.

But as it is... bye, JTBaby and Bethere, see you when time-out is over.

I'm quite certain that he's read every word of this thread.

I'm sure one of the forum rules was not to talk about other forum members

Offline EnduringChill

• Genius of Compression
« Reply #31 on: June 02, 2013, 03:44:05 PM »
It's odd that as soon as a member is banned, we let our opinions of said member fly publically, as if "They're gone, now we can talk about them (behind their backs)!" It seems weird to make this into a public thread.

I'm quite certain that he's read every word of this thread.
Exactly, that's why it seems weird. He probably doesn't care about the negative comments, but it doesn't seem right to me.

Offline Siberian Tiger

• Child of Grace
  • There is no them, there's only us
« Reply #32 on: June 02, 2013, 04:42:04 PM »
Just my two cents worth. This is a fan forum. There is constructive criticism and there is unqualified derision. JT has gone too far many a time. I'm sure there's a haters forum out there somewhere. I for one like to discuss U2 with other *fans* who actually like U2's music.

Offline So Cruel

• Elevated
  • it ain't no sin to be glad that you're alive
« Reply #33 on: June 02, 2013, 06:23:39 PM »
So I guess if JT is Walter Sobchak then Bethere must be Donny.

Hmmm. That's an interesting point ... and the more I thought about it as I swam in an oxygen deprived state, the more I came to agree with your assessment. Besides, as the following scene indicates, Walter cared a great deal about Donny, even though he might not have always agreed with his opinion or expressed a lot of support.

Meanwhile, if we continue down this strange path, AND if we agree to ignore some of the more villainous characters (Quintana, Treehorn, Bunny, and the Nihilist biker leader) ... then the question arises whom else could be cast in key roles.  With apologies to other folks (and with additional apologies to others who may have been left on the cutting room floor), my provisional role assignments would be:
Walter - JTBaby, Donny - BeThere, The Dude - So Cruel,  Mr. Lebowski Senior - ZooTV, The Stranger - SingNoMore, and Maude Lebowski - GardenTart. ... One might even make a case for BigWillyWonka as Brant or MM as one of the Cohen Brothers (that helped to facilitate the event) but eventually you run out of characters or good sense.  At any rate, be well everyone and play nice.

The Dude, ya, I can roll with that. And like the Dude, I f*ckn hate the Eagles too.

zootv

« Reply #34 on: June 02, 2013, 06:27:01 PM »
I've never seen the movie but its coming on later tonight. I'm DVR'ing it.

Offline GardenTart

• Elevated
  • Little and little they robbed and stole...
« Reply #35 on: June 02, 2013, 07:26:31 PM »
So I guess if JT is Walter Sobchak then Bethere must be Donny.

Hmmm. That's an interesting point ... and the more I thought about it as I swam in an oxygen deprived state, the more I came to agree with your assessment. Besides, as the following scene indicates, Walter cared a great deal about Donny, even though he might not have always agreed with his opinion or expressed a lot of support.

Meanwhile, if we continue down this strange path, AND if we agree to ignore some of the more villainous characters (Quintana, Treehorn, Bunny, and the Nihilist biker leader) ... then the question arises whom else could be cast in key roles.  With apologies to other folks (and with additional apologies to others who may have been left on the cutting room floor), my provisional role assignments would be:
Walter - JTBaby, Donny - BeThere, The Dude - So Cruel,  Mr. Lebowski Senior - ZooTV, The Stranger - SingNoMore, and Maude Lebowski - GardenTart. ... One might even make a case for BigWillyWonka as Brant or MM as one of the Cohen Brothers (that helped to facilitate the event) but eventually you run out of characters or good sense.  At any rate, be well everyone and play nice.

The Dude, ya, I can roll with that. And like the Dude, I f*ckn hate the Eagles too.

Borack, you flatter me. While I'm not as artistic or idiosyncratic as Maude, I am independent and tend to intimidate men with my confidence.....

Offline Johnny Feathers

• Elevated
« Reply #36 on: June 02, 2013, 08:31:36 PM »
So wait, was Bethere banned as well?  I admittedly don't know the details involved, but I found one of them to add something to the conversations on here, and the other one did not.  You can decide who is who in this instance.

Offline Starman

• Drowning Man/Woman
« Reply #37 on: June 02, 2013, 08:37:58 PM »

I agree

Offline singnomore

• Administrator
  • Airborne Ranger
  • These city lights, they shine as silver and gold
« Reply #38 on: June 02, 2013, 09:14:45 PM »
As the 'Odd Cowboy' may say - please remember we have had a multitude of reported posts about the ongoing 'discussions' that resulted in this temporary ban for both members. Indeed some of these reported posts may have come from some of the 'indignant' posters in this thread...

Offline soapit

• Precious Stone
« Reply #39 on: June 03, 2013, 12:22:13 AM »
my personal feelings about jtbaby and bethere and their posting styles arent too relevant but they obviously did something to get banned considering all the other dodgy behaviour we get up to the mods are pretty lenient as a rule.

the rules on here really arent too complicated or difficult to comply with, and as i understand you'd get some warnings before a ban happens so if you do get banned you've only got urself to blame. amazing they couldnt control themselves really. quite funny he tried to create an alt and got busted though.

Offline striker

• Party Girl/Boy
  • Dream Out Loud
« Reply #40 on: June 03, 2013, 01:14:19 PM »
^ Should've created it from a different IP address.

Offline Siberian Tiger

• Child of Grace
  • There is no them, there's only us
« Reply #41 on: June 04, 2013, 05:46:56 AM »
^ Should've created it from a different IP address.

A bit of deductive reasoning would do it.
1). A new account.
2). Looks up certain posts. (Returns to the scene of the crime.)
3). Comments in a similar vein as before.

Not hard. Even from a different IP address it's pretty obvious.

Offline briscoetheque

• Traffic Cop (Rue du Marais)
  • R-E-S-T-E-C-P
« Reply #42 on: June 04, 2013, 06:01:37 AM »
This should put an end to thread hijacking once and for all right?

Right?

Offline Johnny Feathers

• Elevated
« Reply #43 on: June 05, 2013, 04:55:33 PM »
This should put an end to thread hijacking once and for all right?

Right?

At least until someone allows ONE of them back.  Then you can expect to see PopMart ticket sales stats cluttering up a thread about a nice day on the beach you had.

Offline imaginary friend

• Airborne Ranger
  • the vaccine for your wack scene
« Reply #44 on: June 05, 2013, 09:37:50 PM »
I always miss the drama.   :(