Author Topic: I met Adam Clayton and steve lilywhite in NYC  (Read 2770 times)

Offline SUMNER78

• Stateless
I met Adam Clayton and steve lilywhite in NYC
« on: June 24, 2013, 06:18:12 AM »
Hey everybody I usually visit this forum once or twice a week but donít post that often. Anyway Friday night I am on the way to a club called Ciello in NYC and it is around 10:15 in the night. So I am walking down Greenwich Ave and this is one block away from 8st where U2 were in electric studios about 2 weeks ago , so as I am walking I see a guy with jeans and white shirt and He looked familiar to me and as I am getting near I say to myself he looks like steve lilywhite and then I realize it is him and at this time Adam is facing towards steve lilywhite talking to him and I didnít even know who the other guy is because he was facing away from me, so I say hi to Steve but he kind of just gave me a kind of a mean look and at that time I turn and look at the other guy and it is Adam and I couldnít believe it and I take my hand  andgive hima handshake and shakes my hand and I say I canít believe that it is him and I tell him how much I ilike U2 and I see them everytime they come to nyc and he kept smiling and saying thanks , so after 10 seconds I leave because I didnít want to bother them, Steve just game me a look, he was not that friendly I guess. So I walk away and I still canít believe I saw him and shaked his hands so after walking 2 block I turn back around to see if they are still there, so I cross the streets and go across the streets from where they were standing, so they are still talking in the corner of the street and then after 5 minutes Steve walkes away and Adam walks away in the bust streets of NYC, they were both standing on the corner of Greenwich Ave and Stonewall Pl. No one even noticed them and funny thing is that Adam walked away in the busy NYC streets and no one even cared, he was wearing a blue t-shirt and khaki pants, I am still star struck that I met Adam and shook his hands. Living in NYC I have seen countless Celebs and musicians but this was still too much for me because I like them so much, I have met dave gahan of DM, I have hung out with Pete Hook and Bernard Sumner of New Order, hung out with Keane several times and so many more, I hope I am not bragging , but still meeting Adam was such a great experience, I am sorry if i wrote to much.

Offline jenniferh aka jen

• Traffic Cop (Rue du Marais)
Re: I met Adam Clayton and steve lilywhite in NYC
« Reply #1 on: June 24, 2013, 07:37:21 AM »
That is so cool! I'm so happy for you. I would to love to meet him some day but I would probably faint. Adam seems to be accomodating to fans.  I think Adam can get away with going unnoticed pretty much anytime because only diehard fans would recognize him immediately.

Offline Belisama

• Original of the Species
« Reply #2 on: June 24, 2013, 07:42:08 AM »
Awesome story. So glad Adam behaved as the prefect gentleman we believe him to be. Perhaps Steve was still feeling the sting (if the rumors are true) of not being invited to work on the new U2 album. Or perhaps the latest Tweet isn't true and he really is working on the album and hence hanging out with Adam?

Thank you for sharing.

Offline trlica

• Holy Joe
« Reply #3 on: June 24, 2013, 08:40:26 AM »
Thank you so much for sharing this story with us.
I can imagine how you felt. Now, you have a great memories of meeting Adam. You are so lucky!

Thanks again

Offline TheU2Ken

• Traffic Cop (Rue du Marais)
  • To tell the truth, this could be the last time
« Reply #4 on: June 24, 2013, 08:43:48 AM »
that's awesome!

of course Lillywhite was a tool  :P

Offline mdmomof7

• Holy Joe
  • Iím born again to the latest sound
« Reply #5 on: June 24, 2013, 09:11:55 AM »
What an incredible experience! Cool about the other artists you've met - NYC is the best. But, now you are really stepping it up meeting Adam. The only thing that could equal this is to meet the rest of the band!

Keep us posted on future meetings and welcome to the forum!

Offline Nanda360

• Refugee
  • slow down child let me untie your lace
« Reply #6 on: June 26, 2013, 05:16:30 PM »
Lovely story. I'm glad you have met Adam (If I were you I wouldn't sleep for days :) ). BTW, who cares for steve lillywhite?

Offline connorfin22

• Intellectual Tortoise
« Reply #7 on: July 16, 2013, 12:18:13 AM »
Should of asked about the new album  :P

Offline SUMNER78

• Stateless
« Reply #8 on: July 17, 2013, 12:19:42 PM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
Should of asked about the new album  :P

I would have but because of Steve I felt bad asking him anything, Steve had that look, why did you interrupt us and when are you going to leave but Adam was very nice, it was a very quick conversation, i was still in shock that it was him..

Offline reasons40

• Headache in a Suitcase
« Reply #9 on: July 22, 2013, 05:57:23 AM »
Steve Lilywhite...wouldn't care to spend a minute talking with him. On the other hand, I find Brian Eno to be one of the most interesting people in the music business in my lifetime.

Offline Inishfree

• Up With the Sun
« Reply #10 on: August 03, 2013, 03:40:11 PM »
I'm happy for you Sumner.  I have never met any member of U2.