Author Topic: Which Songs Could Be Replaced On U2's Next Tour By Their New Songs?  (Read 4011 times)

Offline an tha

• Airborne Ranger
  • You can swallow, or you can spit.
Re: Which Songs Could Be Replaced On U2's Next Tour By Their New Songs?
« Reply #45 on: July 29, 2013, 11:22:16 AM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
A Man And A Woman was debuted live at a fundraiser within the last year. I actually wouldn't be surprised at all if it shows up on the next tour.

Lets hope you are wrong - u2 at their 00s worst

Offline OptimaX

• Intellectual Tortoise
  • ZOOPOP
« Reply #46 on: July 29, 2013, 12:50:46 PM »
I think dropping songs from the list is not a good idea.

I suggest they start with a whole clean sheet, then play the entire new album and match songs from their past that goes with it.

I already know that IF they decide to play STREETS, then the show will at least deviate from the new album style. That song is just too big. They managed to morph it well in ZOO TV, but ever since that tour it has been impossible to re-invent the impact of that song.

There are a few more songs like that, Bad, With Or Without You, Sunday Bloody Sunday... all these kinda tracks are too big in my opinion. If U2 is going to tour with these tracks again, then it is just another U2 tour.

I am hoping that their 'staying relevant' approach is going to affect their upcoming tour as much as I anticipate the new album to be interesting.

Offline Legrosbob

• Stateless
  • And you can swallow or you can spit
« Reply #47 on: July 29, 2013, 08:16:23 PM »
I already know that IF they decide to play STREETS, then the show will at least deviate from the new album style. That song is just too big. They managed to morph it well in ZOO TV, but ever since that tour it has been impossible to re-invent the impact of that song.

Streets is the only song I would be disappointed not to have on the next tour  :-\

Offline OptimaX

• Intellectual Tortoise
  • ZOOPOP
« Reply #48 on: July 29, 2013, 10:52:22 PM »

Streets is the only song I would be disappointed not to have on the next tour  :-\

I understand why you say that, but it automatically means you still want 'old fashioned' U2...

Offline Starman

• Drowning Man/Woman
« Reply #49 on: August 04, 2013, 07:58:18 PM »
They're not dropping Streets. Never in a million years.

Offline ZooClothes

• Precious Stone
  • This is where you can reach me now.
« Reply #50 on: August 04, 2013, 10:34:28 PM »
I think the best thing U2 could do with Streets on their next tour is make it their last song played on every show. Find a way to draw it out "40" style. Bring the house lights on and send the crowd home with good ol' fashioned rave-up version.

Offline Domenico of Lovetown

• Precious Stone
« Reply #51 on: August 05, 2013, 06:07:36 AM »
I think the best thing U2 could do with Streets on their next tour is make it their last song played on every show. Find a way to draw it out "40" style. Bring the house lights on and send the crowd home with good ol' fashioned rave-up version.

That may be a good place for Streets.  The last 360 show I saw they closed with Out of Control and that was the first time I can remember U2 closing a show on an energetic note.  It was nice.

Offline Tumbling Dice

• Drowning Man/Woman
  • I won't pay the usual fee
« Reply #52 on: August 05, 2013, 10:31:22 AM »
I'd like to see them do something different with Streets on the next tour.  It's been done vanilla style now since Elevation.

Offline Achtung_Habs

• Party Girl/Boy
  • In the name of Love
« Reply #53 on: August 05, 2013, 10:56:51 AM »
I'd like to see them do something different with Streets on the next tour.  It's been done vanilla style now since Elevation.

They should go to Muse's school of playing Streets, I found the version they played way more powerful than the 360 version, maybe it's only because the drum sound was way louder than the U2 version.

They should also go back to an organ sound for the intro, and make it longer !

Offline Allie79

• Numb
  • Mild, green and squeaky clean
« Reply #54 on: August 05, 2013, 04:05:03 PM »
Pride, Desire, ISHFWILF, WOWY, Sunday Bloody Sunday, Walk On, Vertigo, COBL, and One

Offline striker

• Party Girl/Boy
  • Dream Out Loud
« Reply #55 on: August 06, 2013, 10:22:56 AM »
Hard to say since we haven't heard what the new songs sound like (and what they could potentially blend with), but I hope the "classics" are omitted in some shape or form. Goes for Pride, Bad, Sunday BS, WOWOY, One, Streets, etc. Stick to newer stuff, some POP stuff, and some rarities. That'd be nice.