Author Topic: Your u2 related regrets?  (Read 4442 times)

Offline THRILLHO

• Holy Joe
  • The sun won't melt our wings tonight
Re: Your u2 related regrets?
« Reply #60 on: August 19, 2013, 09:50:10 PM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
Y'all need to come to a Canadian show on the next tour and meet me. I don't care for feeling left out of this little club of yours. :P

or maybe like 5 people will be at your show and not meet you. THATS the club im in lol

Offline Droo

• Traffic Cop (Rue du Marais)
  • don't expect, suggest
« Reply #61 on: August 19, 2013, 09:51:14 PM »
At least you have shows you shared. I've been all by my lonesome up here. :'(

Offline jenniferh aka jen

• Traffic Cop (Rue du Marais)
« Reply #62 on: August 19, 2013, 09:59:52 PM »
So what this means is -

1) must go to one Canadian show to meet up with Droo
2) must make sure everyone announces their tour schedule so that we can plan our meet ups!

I already have my Chicago tour stop planned and they haven't even announced a tour yet. (I'll be at a Denver show too) So now everyone knows that I will be at Chicago and Denver.  ;D

Offline THRILLHO

• Holy Joe
  • The sun won't melt our wings tonight
« Reply #63 on: August 19, 2013, 10:06:21 PM »
i almost never need to leave TX to go to shows, i mean i get that i can travel and see them but i don't have that kind of money so i stick to Dallas/Oklahoma shows

Offline Starman

• Drowning Man/Woman
« Reply #64 on: August 20, 2013, 12:20:46 AM »
Pittsburgh, anyone?

Offline _acrobat

• Precious Stone
  • We live inside a dream
« Reply #65 on: August 20, 2013, 06:34:14 AM »
Cleveland! (Will not miss U2 this time around.)

Offline EnduringChill

• Genius of Compression
« Reply #66 on: August 20, 2013, 06:56:10 AM »
I hope they book a date in Charlottesville again. If not, maybe Baltimore or Annapolis (if they play anywhere in Maryland) or possibly New York (because my sister saw Muse at Madison Square Garden, so obviously traveling for your favorite band is a possibility). Has U2 ever played in North Carolina, the other closest state?

Offline Johnny Feathers

• Elevated
« Reply #67 on: August 20, 2013, 07:32:16 AM »
Wait were 100 pizzas actually delivered ?

I don't think they made 100, but the shop made as many as they could and delivered them to the venue later in the show, I believe.  It was a pretty amazing incident, which I think was even reported by MTV at the time.  The book detailing U2's live shows has a bit on it as well.

Yea I figure they wouldn't be able to make enough or took the call as a hoax and never bothered. What show was it? And what book do you mean?

It was the Detroit stop of the indoor Zoo TV leg.

The book I'm referring to is this one, though mine is an earlier edition put out after the Zoo TV Tour:  You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Offline Shesgonnadreamoutloud

• Elevated
  • Uncertainty can be a guiding light
« Reply #68 on: August 20, 2013, 08:33:27 AM »
Well based on what you guys are saying I might be able to meet up with Star and acrobat  :)

Offline EnduringChill

• Genius of Compression
« Reply #69 on: August 20, 2013, 09:07:14 AM »
If everyone goes to Pittsburgh or Philly, like last tour, I might have to convince my mom to take me there.

Offline horizon

• Elevated
« Reply #70 on: August 20, 2013, 09:11:14 AM »
My grandparents live in Philly, hmmmmm...

Offline Belisama

• Original of the Species
« Reply #71 on: August 20, 2013, 10:50:55 AM »
I hope they book a date in Charlottesville again. If not, maybe Baltimore or Annapolis (if they play anywhere in Maryland) or possibly New York (because my sister saw Muse at Madison Square Garden, so obviously traveling for your favorite band is a possibility). Has U2 ever played in North Carolina, the other closest state?

Annapolis is too small for them, honey. But fingers crossed for a clse venue. You know we will take you.

U2 played Raleigh on 360-- the conference was held there at the same time.

Offline Starman

• Drowning Man/Woman
Your u2 related regrets?
« Reply #72 on: August 20, 2013, 11:01:26 AM »
I'm still amazed that U2 played Baltimore on 360. I never would have thought that they would have done well there, though I guess since it is near DC and it had been almost 2 years since the DC show in 09, that helped.
Well based on what you guys are saying I might be able to meet up with Star and acrobat  :)

MG is from Cleveland as well. I plan on going to see them in Cleveland next time.

Offline Shesgonnadreamoutloud

• Elevated
  • Uncertainty can be a guiding light
« Reply #73 on: August 20, 2013, 12:01:37 PM »
I'm still amazed that U2 played Baltimore on 360. I never would have thought that they would have done well there, though I guess since it is near DC and it had been almost 2 years since the DC show in 09, that helped.

MG is from Cleveland as well. I plan on going to see them in Cleveland next time.

Oh, sweet!

Offline Belisama

• Original of the Species
« Reply #74 on: August 20, 2013, 01:00:37 PM »

Starman,

One of the best U2 shows I have ever seen was in Baltimore. And that is saying a lot! I saw a post 9/11 Elevation show in Baltimore and I cannot begin to describe how moving it was. The crowd loved it. Bono even did the whole "pull a guy up from the audience and let him play with the band" routine. It was epic. We all left the arena singing 40.