Author Topic: I Can't Believe the News Today  (Read 11140 times)

Offline So Cruel

• Elevated
  • it ain't no sin to be glad that you're alive
Re: I Can't Believe the News Today
« Reply #15 on: August 21, 2013, 01:34:14 PM »
I think people need to get outside and enjoy the bloody summer, go to the beach, play some ball, drink some beer, look at girls in bikinis,... buy 2 new suits, pink and blue, get hot in a photo booth.... whatever puts a smile on your face

The U2 album will be released when it's released and nothing anyone says on here will change that.

Offline Tumbling Dice

• Drowning Man/Woman
  • I won't pay the usual fee
« Reply #16 on: August 21, 2013, 01:36:06 PM »
There's always pain before the child is born.

Offline miryclay

• Up With the Sun
« Reply #17 on: August 21, 2013, 01:41:37 PM »
Well done everton.

Offline Tumbling Dice

• Drowning Man/Woman
« Reply #18 on: August 21, 2013, 01:42:31 PM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
Well done everton.

What, have Everton resigned Wayne Rooney??

Offline miryclay

• Up With the Sun
« Reply #19 on: August 21, 2013, 01:46:42 PM »
People on this forum are really great, calm and informative and Matt is a great moderator.
He might have made a bad decision that was out of character.

Lets just get some fresh air and wait for a little longer.

Offline Tumbling Dice

• Drowning Man/Woman
« Reply #20 on: August 21, 2013, 01:49:12 PM »
In a little while, this hurt will hurt no more.

Offline Executioner

• Stateless
« Reply #21 on: August 21, 2013, 01:53:49 PM »
I think people need to get outside and enjoy the bloody summer, go to the beach, play some ball, drink some beer, look at girls in bikinis,... buy 2 new suits, pink and blue, get hot in a photo booth.... whatever puts a smile on your face

The U2 album will be released when it's released and nothing anyone says on here will change that.
I agree with everything you say  except the pink and blue suits,there are limits.

Offline miryclay

• Up With the Sun
« Reply #22 on: August 21, 2013, 01:55:46 PM »
Everton not as funny but still satisfactory.

Offline striker

• Party Girl/Boy
  • Dream Out Loud
« Reply #23 on: August 21, 2013, 02:08:57 PM »

+1
It's what I've been saying.

Offline So Cruel

• Elevated
  • it ain't no sin to be glad that you're alive
« Reply #24 on: August 21, 2013, 02:20:15 PM »

I agree with everything you say  except the pink and blue suits,there are limits.

There were no limits for Sonny Crockett and Rico Tubbs

Offline DKT

• Refugee
  • Don't Turn Around Again
« Reply #25 on: August 21, 2013, 02:28:07 PM »

There were no limits for Sonny Crockett and Rico Tubbs

Love to walk through the movie sets. Gonna shoot someone in the foot. Get to smoke some cigarettes.

MIAMI!

Offline BalconyTV

• Numb
« Reply #26 on: August 21, 2013, 07:35:29 PM »
Sounds like everyone is over sensitive here. And where is everyones sense of humor.

Ofcoarse we all want an album now. But we wanted one last year, the year before, and the year before. At this point and extra few months wont kill anyone.

I posted months ago that I heard from a source (which I really cant name) that is is most likely to be early next year, and people went mad at me.

U2 only finished 360 a couple of years back. Released a documentary film after that. Achtung Baby had a pretty big rerelease. Bono has had a degree of bad press of late. So it stands to reason they just want to shut up a bit and give the general public some appetite for U2.

I can understand their reasoning in holding back.

Alas releasing great new music often has not been the bands priority for a long time.

But everyone...take a chill...I thought I was a nutty U2 fan.

Offline mdmomof7

• Holy Joe
  • Im born again to the latest sound
« Reply #27 on: August 22, 2013, 08:11:46 AM »
Let's not eat all our friends with our mouths full of teeth!

Something is afoot, or we wouldn't have all this information/misinformation whirring about.

I wasn't on this forum for the other album releases, but I would guess it was a similar atmosphere surrounding the previous releases?

Offline miryclay

• Up With the Sun
« Reply #28 on: August 22, 2013, 08:40:38 AM »
Can I make an observation?

People on the eastern side of the Atlantic (esp Italy, Spain, Ireland and the UK) love rumour and aren't afraid of letting the facts get in the way of a good story. Gossip is common.

People on western side of the world are much more literal in their communication. When the internet bridges this gap, confusion arises. 

Offline DKT

• Refugee
  • Don't Turn Around Again
« Reply #29 on: August 22, 2013, 08:44:58 AM »
For me, as someone that only joined up here in the last few months that seem to have led to the latest blitz on this album, I've mostly been very happy that U2's finally started playing it so close to the vest and they haven't been telling everyone how great the new album is (or anything else). But I do get the frustration with the delays thus far. I wanted/believed Songs of Ascent would be out the same year No the next year Aw, man the year after that CRAP!

And hoping that isn't happening again. I don't think it is. Somehow, I'm still cautiously optimistic it'll come out this year. But even if it doesn't, I'll keep waiting. Playing the old albums, and stuff by other artists I like.