Author Topic: I Can't Believe the News Today  (Read 11363 times)

Offline The Unknown Caller

• Holy Joe
  • TORIIIIIINOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!
Re: I Can't Believe the News Today
« Reply #30 on: August 22, 2013, 10:13:34 AM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
I'm not convinced that the album's coming out this year, but the more I think about it, the less that lack of conviction has to do with anything that has been "reported" over the last 48 hours.

Yes, this. I am increasingly sceptical, but these "revelations" don't really affect my view one way or the other.

Offline Swimming Sorrows

• Stateless
« Reply #31 on: August 22, 2013, 12:54:47 PM »
So Exile, Be There is back?

I can't believe that news...

Offline Tumbling Dice

• Drowning Man/Woman
  • I won't pay the usual fee
« Reply #32 on: August 22, 2013, 12:56:01 PM »
I think people need to get outside and enjoy the bloody summer, go to the beach, play some ball, drink some beer, look at girls in bikinis,... buy 2 new suits, pink and blue, get hot in a photo booth.... whatever puts a smile on your face

The U2 album will be released when it's released and nothing anyone says on here will change that.
I agree with everything you say  except the pink and blue suits,there are limits.

There were no limits for Sonny Crockett and Rico Tubbs

I wanted to be Sonny Crockett when I was a kid.

Offline ZooClothes

• Precious Stone
  • This is where you can reach me now.
« Reply #33 on: August 22, 2013, 01:01:17 PM »
I think people need to get outside and enjoy the bloody summer, go to the beach, play some ball, drink some beer, look at girls in bikinis,... buy 2 new suits, pink and blue, get hot in a photo booth.... whatever puts a smile on your face

The U2 album will be released when it's released and nothing anyone says on here will change that.
I agree with everything you say  except the pink and blue suits,there are limits.

I got a full Sonny Crockett outfit my 1st year of high school for Xmas. I wore it every day for a week back from vacation, only changing the t-shirt underneath (one of which was my Clash shirt, the pic from their 1st album cover). I wore those Topsiders out!

Offline The Exile

• Up With the Sun
  • It's all ball bearings nowadays.
« Reply #34 on: August 22, 2013, 01:02:04 PM »
So Exile, Be There is back?

I can't believe that news...

Yeah, he's called "Edge" something-or-other now. His last comment to me was really helpful and informative, though.

Offline Tumbling Dice

• Drowning Man/Woman
« Reply #35 on: August 22, 2013, 01:03:36 PM »

I got a full Sonny Crockett outfit my 1st year of high school for Xmas. I wore it every day for a week back from vacation, only changing the t-shirt underneath (one of which was my Clash shirt, the pic from their 1st album cover). I wore those Topsiders out!

8)

Offline So Cruel

• Elevated
  • it ain't no sin to be glad that you're alive
« Reply #36 on: August 22, 2013, 01:29:24 PM »

yet no one ever dreamed of being Tubbs

Offline Tumbling Dice

• Drowning Man/Woman
« Reply #37 on: August 22, 2013, 01:32:19 PM »

yet no one ever dreamed of being Tubbs

I'm sure black kids did. 

Offline achtungjoshua

• Wanderer
« Reply #38 on: August 22, 2013, 04:55:10 PM »
People are really stressing too much about this topic that Exile started. I've been a member here for years (although I don't post that much) and, as far as I'm concerned, Exile is one of the most eloquent and sensible forum members there is here. Separately, Matt and his team do a superb job of running this website.

I don't think there's anything wrong with Exile saying he doesn't believe the French / Italian rumours, whatever, but Matt is also correct that one of the great things this site does is publish rumours and things we may want to hear about U2. I've also been a paid-up member of U2.Com since 2004 and I hardly ever look at that site for news - because they only publish official news, of which there obviously isn't much at the moment.

Exile and Matt are both right in what they've said in this thread, their opinions just differ - but if we all had the same opinion about the various U2 topics there would be no need for forums would there?

I, for one, am glad that the band are keeping this album more under wraps than previously - it's more exciting than previous releases. We should also all remember that U2 don't owe us anything - let alone another album - and we should just be glad that they are still together. Imagine how boring life would be (and it happen one day) when they've split up and we know that there will never be a new album or tour ever again - what will we talk about then?

Offline Jono

• Running to Stand Still
  • Nice job by #MoteeShoe
« Reply #39 on: August 22, 2013, 05:14:42 PM »
People are really stressing too much about this topic that Exile started. I've been a member here for years (although I don't post that much) and, as far as I'm concerned, Exile is one of the most eloquent and sensible forum members there is here. Separately, Matt and his team do a superb job of running this website.

I don't think there's anything wrong with Exile saying he doesn't believe the French / Italian rumours, whatever, but Matt is also correct that one of the great things this site does is publish rumours and things we may want to hear about U2. I've also been a paid-up member of U2.Com since 2004 and I hardly ever look at that site for news - because they only publish official news, of which there obviously isn't much at the moment.

Exile and Matt are both right in what they've said in this thread, their opinions just differ - but if we all had the same opinion about the various U2 topics there would be no need for forums would there?

I, for one, am glad that the band are keeping this album more under wraps than previously - it's more exciting than previous releases. We should also all remember that U2 don't owe us anything - let alone another album - and we should just be glad that they are still together. Imagine how boring life would be (and it happen one day) when they've split up and we know that there will never be a new album or tour ever again - what will we talk about then?
well said!
And yes, U2.com...nothing but Zooropa anniversary stuff for the last 2 months!

I seriously hope they do officially announce the new album/single there after keeping it so tightly wrapped on the rest of the internet. Imagine if we hear the first 30 second clip, actually on U2.com?!?!
« Last Edit: August 22, 2013, 05:20:18 PM by Jono »

Offline striker

• Party Girl/Boy
  • Dream Out Loud
« Reply #40 on: August 23, 2013, 09:25:01 AM »

Nice try, Exile  8)

Offline Nanda360

• Refugee
  • slow down child let me untie your lace
« Reply #41 on: August 23, 2013, 05:08:36 PM »
I feel a certain dictatorship wave hanging on the air. Do you really think that this war environment is needed? While you all are here eating each other, Bono is hanging out with his friends in Monaco not giving a f#%$* damn for this  8)

Offline Allie79

• Numb
  • Mild, green and squeaky clean
« Reply #42 on: August 23, 2013, 08:28:58 PM »
I can read a bit of French and there is nothing in this article that suggests that the album won't be released this year.
« Last Edit: August 23, 2013, 08:37:22 PM by Allie79 »

Offline singnomore

• Administrator
  • Airborne Ranger
  • These city lights, they shine as silver and gold
« Reply #43 on: August 23, 2013, 10:18:09 PM »
For any late participants to the topic and who may be wondering what's going on - the thread title (which I think provoked the responses) has subsequently changed and likewise I think it's been moved on from.

Offline Mercurial

• Party Girl/Boy
« Reply #44 on: August 25, 2013, 09:15:39 AM »
M2's response has prompted me to move on from this site. Unbelievable.