Author Topic: Paddy Kenny RTE interview with Bono - 2014......if we're lucky!  (Read 21173 times)

Offline Nagrom76

• Refugee
  • Bacon
Re: Paddy Kenny RTE interview with Bono - 2014......if we're lucky!
« Reply #15 on: September 02, 2013, 12:59:19 PM »
I think this is Bono's way of saying..."we're entering the over produced phase of our record making"...:p. kidding...one has to wonder what happaned in New York if the album is still not finished though.

Offline KenpoMatt

• Headache in a Suitcase
  • The first wealth is health.
« Reply #16 on: September 02, 2013, 01:07:27 PM »
Well, for what its worth, the "punk rock" thing to do, as Bono and Co. love to say, would be to give no consideration whatsoever to who else is releasing what and just put out their record.

Offline Swan269

• Headache in a Suitcase
  • I will sing a new song
« Reply #17 on: September 02, 2013, 01:14:22 PM »
guessing that the band has punted, similar to the Thomas sessions maybe? meh.

Offline The Exile

• Up With the Sun
  • It's all ball bearings nowadays.
« Reply #18 on: September 02, 2013, 01:18:02 PM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
guessing that the band has punted, similar to the Thomas sessions maybe? meh.

They do sound like punters, yes.

Offline Tumbling Dice

• Drowning Man/Woman
  • I won't pay the usual fee
« Reply #19 on: September 02, 2013, 01:29:34 PM »
Maybe it doesn't fit into your time schedule,but they are not under any obligation to put it out,just because some obsessed fans who have little else in their musical world going on,ever consider there could be private personal reasons for delays ,timing is everything when a band as big as U2 release an album ,touring ,promotional activities,and this year has seen a huge resurgence in pop music which is not a good climate in which to release a rock album,yeah the hardcore will buy it,but after the commercial failure of noloth by u2 standards (,any other band could only dream of those type of sales),nothing can be left to chance.

For the love of all that's holy, and for the sake of the Queen's English, please learn how to punctuate with a comma. You used like eleven of them in that paragraph and you did it wrong eleven times.

Someone had to say it....

others have said it before, he doesn't care to use it correctly. simple answer? block user.

Don't tell the mods how to moderate.  If you want the job, @U2 have invited applications for the role. *hint* ;)

Offline singnomore

• Administrator
  • Airborne Ranger
  • These city lights, they shine as silver and gold
« Reply #20 on: September 02, 2013, 01:40:11 PM »
Maybe it doesn't fit into your time schedule,but they are not under any obligation to put it out,just because some obsessed fans who have little else in their musical world going on,ever consider there could be private personal reasons for delays ,timing is everything when a band as big as U2 release an album ,touring ,promotional activities,and this year has seen a huge resurgence in pop music which is not a good climate in which to release a rock album,yeah the hardcore will buy it,but after the commercial failure of noloth by u2 standards (,any other band could only dream of those type of sales),nothing can be left to chance.

For the love of all that's holy, and for the sake of the Queen's English, please learn how to punctuate with a comma. You used like eleven of them in that paragraph and you did it wrong eleven times.

Someone had to say it....

others have said it before, he doesn't care to use it correctly. simple answer? block user.

Don't tell the mods how to moderate.  If you want the job, @U2 have invited applications for the role. *hint* ;)

Took the words right out of my mouth ;)

Offline THRILLHO

• Holy Joe
  • The sun won't melt our wings tonight
« Reply #21 on: September 02, 2013, 02:07:29 PM »
nice try guys but I wasn't referring to mods. users can block users without a mod doing an ip ban. it may be in exiles best interests to block executioner if the over comma'ing is as annoying to him and it was to me.

Offline Tumbling Dice

• Drowning Man/Woman
« Reply #22 on: September 02, 2013, 02:12:49 PM »
nice try guys but I wasn't referring to mods. users can block users without a mod doing an ip ban. it may be in exiles best interests to block executioner if the over comma'ing is as annoying to him and it was to me.

I see.

All the same, you seem clued up about how things work around here, so why don't you apply to be a mod?

Offline MASTER YODA

• Staring at the Sun
  • Patriots 2017!!!
« Reply #23 on: September 02, 2013, 02:13:16 PM »
I'm assuming they have dropped out of 5 potential albums by now???

Offline Tumbling Dice

• Drowning Man/Woman
« Reply #24 on: September 02, 2013, 02:13:52 PM »
I'm assuming they have dropped out of 5 potential albums by now???

These albums only existed in the minds of some fans.

Offline THRILLHO

• Holy Joe
  • The sun won't melt our wings tonight
« Reply #25 on: September 02, 2013, 02:20:07 PM »

I see.

All the same, you seem clued up about how things work around here, so why don't you apply to be a mod?

*scanning for sarcasm*

I guess I wasn't aware they want mods. And i'm pretty sure M2 doesn't like me after, yes, once saying I didn't get why mods tolerate the "I have inside info!" threads from users like BeThere, etc.

Offline Tumbling Dice

• Drowning Man/Woman
« Reply #26 on: September 02, 2013, 02:23:43 PM »

I see.

*scanning for sarcasm*

I guess I wasn't aware they want mods. And i'm pretty sure M2 doesn't like me after, yes, once saying I didn't get why mods tolerate the "I have inside info!" threads from users like BeThere, etc.

Yeah, there's probably more chance of President Obama appointing Sarah Palin Secretary of State.

Offline singnomore

• Administrator
  • Airborne Ranger
  • These city lights, they shine as silver and gold
« Reply #27 on: September 02, 2013, 02:29:48 PM »

I see.

*scanning for sarcasm*

Yeah, there's probably more chance of President Obama appointing Sarah Palin Secretary of State.

TD - such an inspirational guy you are lol ;)

Offline Bantering ram

• Headache in a Suitcase
« Reply #28 on: September 02, 2013, 02:56:27 PM »

Shouldn't that have read "as it was to me"?

Offline boom boom

• Running to Stand Still
« Reply #29 on: September 02, 2013, 03:57:58 PM »
What a joke.  Bono, remember what you said in From The Sky Down.  At some point you just got to show us what you got.  I bet in 2014, they will get cold feet if they don't already have them and try watering it down yet delaying release to 2015.  Don't bet it can't happen.  By now you must know delaying and tinkering is a bad habit with these guys.  I just can't stop laughing when I think back with all the comments back in 2010 with them having 3 albums ready to go and possibly releasing one during the 360 tour.  I'm laughing so hard, my chest is hurting.  Guys, I think it's time to call it quits after this one, if this one ever comes out?