Author Topic: Will Mariana be U2's "Yoko Ono"?  (Read 5386 times)

Offline mdmomof7

• Holy Joe
  • Im born again to the latest sound
Re: Will Mariana be U2's "Yoko Ono"?
« Reply #15 on: October 16, 2013, 10:53:51 PM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
I know this is tongue and cheek, but it has only been a month. The couple is going through the transition that most newlyweds experience. Besides, history has proven that the band are what always hold up releases, not the women in their lives!

She may or may not be a problem.  The problem w/the article is him.  Newlywed lessons - what happens behind closed doors stays behind closed doors; never speak disrespectfully of your spouse; you are marrying your in-laws too; etc.  How different would the headlines have read if he had responded with statements such as - she's supportive of the band; we're in this for the long-term so a few weeks apart here or there is ok; I'm looking forward to the holidays in Brazil since it will be warm, etc.

But, they had a short courtship, long-distance, when he wasn't really working.  She probably works more than he does.  There's an old saying - it's easy to fall in love; the tough part is staying in love.  Wish them the best!

Wise words!!

Offline Kurukira

• Numb
  • Don't Expect, Suggest.
« Reply #16 on: October 22, 2013, 11:19:27 AM »
I'm giggling at the title because I've listened again to the famous RDS show, and of course recalling Naomi Campbell - I wonder what clever nickname we'd have for her if she was marrying him today.

Offline Rock_Man

• Babyface
« Reply #17 on: October 28, 2013, 08:43:50 AM »
No.
If anything Adam leaves Mariana before the band.

I agree with this. Adam has been with multiple different women since 2008. He fathered a child with a French Women in 2009. In 2011 while in Miami for the 360 tour stop, he was seen with a women who was clearly not the French Women and not Mariana. He was seen with another women in 2012 who was not Mariana. The first we see or hear of Mariana is in 2013, around February I think.

While Adam has been engaged many times before, this is the first time he has actually been married, so perhaps this will be the glue that keeps him with Mariana.

Offline jenniferh aka jen

• Traffic Cop (Rue du Marais)
« Reply #18 on: October 28, 2013, 10:52:54 PM »
No.
If anything Adam leaves Mariana before the band.

I agree with this. Adam has been with multiple different women since 2008. He fathered a child with a French Women in 2009. In 2011 while in Miami for the 360 tour stop, he was seen with a women who was clearly not the French Women and not Mariana. He was seen with another women in 2012 who was not Mariana. The first we see or hear of Mariana is in 2013, around February I think.

While Adam has been engaged many times before, this is the first time he has actually been married, so perhaps this will be the glue that keeps him with Mariana.

He was with Mariana in 2012, maybe with several women (?), but I know he was with Mariana too. (There is photographic evidence of this). Sadly, divorce is easily obtainable these days and people really do not have to work to save a marriage, unless they really want to. If they really truly love each other, they will work on the marriage. And he will learn to keep his mouth shut!

Offline Christi

• Stranger in a Strange Land
« Reply #19 on: October 29, 2013, 06:51:18 AM »
I think she knew what kind of a man she's going to marry and it surprises me that she has some issue with his schedule now. Your husband plays in one of the most successful bands in the world, so you have to learn how to deal with it.

Offline AllThoseThingsILove

• Party Girl/Boy
  • "as a ninja hits the ground..." ;)
« Reply #20 on: August 09, 2014, 01:06:51 PM »
Maybe he can get her the new Barbie Dream House or some Lalaloopsy dolls to keep her occupied.

Offline jenniferh aka jen

• Traffic Cop (Rue du Marais)
« Reply #21 on: August 09, 2014, 01:59:50 PM »
Maybe he can get her the new Barbie Dream House or some Lalaloopsy dolls to keep her occupied.
*snort*