Author Topic: You're At A U2 Concert... Which Song Would You Be Most Disappointed Not To See?  (Read 2916 times)

Offline A_Fly_On_The_Wall

• Deep In the Heart
  • Doing My Best Work In Your Disbelief Of Existence
When leaving the stadium/arena, after seeing a U2 concert, which song would be disappointed not to have seen live?

Seeing as I have never been to a U2 concert before ( :'( ) I would be gutted if I didn't get to witness them playing "Streets". Just to be able to say 'I've seen U2 play that song' would be awesome. So if I missed it, for whatever reason, I'd be fuming inside.

What song, or songs, would you be disappointed not to see at a U2 concert?

Offline Midnight is Where the Day Begins

• Genius of Compression
  • Oh it's time, it's time, it's IeTOUR time!!
Saw them twice and got my entire top 5 in terms of songs. Heck I got my favorite song ever in Zooropa, and my second favorite in The Unforgettable Fire. I never expected either song.

I would love to see Bad live. It seems like its becoming more of a rarity these days, and every time I hear it on a bootleg or video, it sounds amazing, and the crowd always loves it.

So, Bad for me.

satellitedog01

A rarity I heard them rehearse while waiting outside.

Offline EnduringChill

• Genius of Compression
^That. :D

I would be disappointed if they didn't play With or Without You for some unfathomable reason.

satellitedog01

Well, based on my three past concerts and the recordings from Popmart on, I hope not to hear WOWY if I ever go to a U2 gig again.

Offline EnduringChill

• Genius of Compression
To each his own... I always want to hear my favorite song no matter how substandard it sounds.

Offline Tumbling Dice

• Drowning Man/Woman
  • I won't pay the usual fee
The Fly.  I've seen it at both my U2 shows and it was phenomenal.  A definite highlight of the show both nights.

Offline mdmomof7

• Holy Joe
  • Im born again to the latest sound
Chill, I adore WOWY, but hearing it live for the first time was a huge disappointment. Bad, OTH, was a spiritual experience as was Ultraviolet.

This was on 360. I appreciate your ardor for WOWY live, but if they are going to sing it like they did at both Baltimore and Pittsburgh 360, then I don't think I ever want to hear them sing it live again.  :'(

Not ever having heard New Year's Day live at a U2 concert, even though it is a concert staple, I would be most disappointed not to hear that.

Offline TheU2Ken

• Traffic Cop (Rue du Marais)
  • To tell the truth, this could be the last time
If I never see Bad or OOC live I will not be a happy camper

Offline EnduringChill

• Genius of Compression
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
Chill, I adore WOWY, but hearing it live for the first time was a huge disappointment. Bad, OTH, was a spiritual experience as was Ultraviolet.

This was on 360. I appreciate your ardor for WOWY live, but if they are going to sing it like they did at both Baltimore and Pittsburgh 360, then I don't think I ever want to hear them sing it live again.  :'(

Not ever having heard New Year's Day live at a U2 concert, even though it is a concert staple, I would be most disappointed not to hear that.
:( I didn't think it was that bad at Baltimore... I only wished Bono would sing the "shine like stars" verse but I knew that was wishful thinking... And later performances (Moncton) made up for it!

I wish I could hear One Tree Hill live :( Or Bad. But they don't play it as often nowadays...

Offline imaginary friend

• Airborne Ranger
  • the vaccine for your wack scene
If I see them on the next tour and I don't get Magnificent, I'm gonna be pretty bummed.

Offline U2-obsessed and proud

• Drowning Man/Woman
  • Let The Rain come down, make a brand new ground
Well, Streets obviously. But if we're not counting that one:

Beautiful Day
City Of Blinding Lights
With Or Without You

My top 3 favorite U2 song. Would be crushed if they go away.

I NEED to see Bad, Out Of Control, All I Want Is You and One Tree Hill though. Would die to see them.

Offline So Cruel

• Elevated
  • it ain't no sin to be glad that you're alive
If I see them on the next tour and I don't get Magnificent, I'm gonna be pretty bummed.

It didn't go over very well at the 360 shows I saw, so I would guess it won't be part of the new tour.

Offline imaginary friend

• Airborne Ranger
  • the vaccine for your wack scene

It didn't go over very well at the 360 shows I saw, so I would guess it won't be part of the new tour.

am I supposed to care?

Offline ZooClothes

• Precious Stone
  • This is where you can reach me now.
This is a tie between the Fly and Until the End of the World.