Author Topic: The Edge Is Just Too Cool  (Read 636253 times)

Offline riffraff

• Deep In the Heart
  • I know that this is not goodbye, my forum friends!
Re: The Edge Is Just Too Cool
« Reply #10920 on: November 18, 2015, 10:08:51 AM »
You are so right...their friendship shows BIG TIME on stage. It is very cool. The smiles, the laughter, sometimes the sadness (like the Slane gig after Bono's father died, or when Edge's daughter was so sick). I guess that's what has kept them together for so long. Well, that and the fact that they are the best ever!

Offline Volcanogirl

• Elevated
  • The goal is Elevation !
« Reply #10921 on: November 19, 2015, 01:34:47 AM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
You are so right...their friendship shows BIG TIME on stage. It is very cool. The smiles, the laughter, sometimes the sadness (like the Slane gig after Bono's father died, or when Edge's daughter was so sick). I guess that's what has kept them together for so long. Well, that and the fact that they are the best ever!

yes, they pull each other trough. Have a beer, or just playing songs. Great to see this side.

Offline riffraff

• Deep In the Heart
« Reply #10922 on: December 02, 2015, 10:54:15 AM »
I've been watching a lot of the recent shows on youtube, and I only have one question...
are those little zippers on the back of the bottom of Edge's pants the hottest thing? Or is it just me being a dirty old lady?

Offline Belisama

• Original of the Species
« Reply #10923 on: December 02, 2015, 11:30:44 AM »
I've been watching a lot of the recent shows on youtube, and I only have one question...
are those little zippers on the back of the bottom of Edge's pants the hottest thing? Or is it just me being a dirty old lady?

Yes and yes!

Offline riffraff

• Deep In the Heart
« Reply #10924 on: December 02, 2015, 12:05:23 PM »
Thanks for agreeing...I was really hoping it wasn't just me thinking about those little zippers.

Offline Belisama

• Original of the Species
« Reply #10925 on: December 02, 2015, 03:42:04 PM »
Thanks for agreeing...I was really hoping it wasn't just me thinking about those little zippers.

I cannot tell you how many pictures I have of the Boys' shoes from this summer.  I had a great view and their wardrobes and shoes fascinated me. All looked quite good. Even Bono was wearing the good boots.

Offline lorijane

• Airborne Ranger
  • We picked the right band
« Reply #10926 on: December 02, 2015, 05:59:39 PM »
Even his daughter likes the look.

You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login or You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Offline riffraff

• Deep In the Heart
« Reply #10927 on: December 03, 2015, 10:41:04 AM »
oh, thanks...that picture made me moan a little bit! Ok, ok, it made me moan a lot!

Waffles

« Reply #10928 on: December 03, 2015, 03:43:43 PM »
Nooooooo go back to converse

Offline riffraff

• Deep In the Heart
« Reply #10929 on: December 04, 2015, 10:23:33 AM »
Yeah, the Converse look kept him safer...he didn't walk off stages while wearing them! But, still, those zippers...they make me just a little bit crazy. How about the Con's AND the zippers?

Offline may2

• Wanderer
« Reply #10930 on: December 10, 2015, 05:51:27 PM »
U2's the Edge gets state approval to build controversial homes on a Malibu ridge

U2 guitarist the Edge can go forward with building five homes on a rugged Malibu ridge after the California Coastal Commission unanimously approved his controversial project at its meeting in Monterey on Thursday.

The musician, whose name is David Evans, has been trying to win approval for years in the face of objections from a wide array of environmental groups and local leaders. Objections continued to come in this week, especially about the commission's decision to take the vote in Monterey too far away for many opponents to go and make their voices heard.

Los Angeles County Supervisor Sheila Kuehl, state Sen. Fran Pavley, the Sierra Club and Heal the Bay were among those who sent letters opposing that decision.

In a written statement, Evans thanked the commission and community members "for all their thoughtful feedback and guidance throughout this long process it has inherently driven better home designs and ensured protection of Malibu's natural resources."

"From day one," he said, "my intention was to build a home of the very highest possible standard of environmental sensitivity and sustainability. Together, this collaborative effort has achieved that goal."

Evans' architects made significant changes to the plan in order to win approval. As a result, the commission's staff recommended that the permits be granted.

Jack Ainsworth, the commission's senior deputy director, indicated that approval could have come more quickly.

"If they would have followed our direction 10 years ago, they'd be having Christmas dinner in their house," he said during the meeting.

The five homes that will be built each more than 10,000 square feet in size, with its own swimming pool now will be more tightly clustered together on a lower plateau. Their exterior colors have been planned to help them blend into the surroundings, with reduced visibility from below, and greater attention was given to reducing the destruction of sensitive habitat.

Evans also agreed to dedicate 140 acres of the property in the Sweetwater Mesa area of Malibu as open space, with a public hiking and equestrian easement linking to the Coastal Slope Trail.

The project still will need to go through additional permitting in the city of Malibu and Los Angeles County.

Fiona Hutton, a project spokeswoman, noted that the commission had received letters of support as well as opposition.

"It's a dramatically different project than when we started. We feel really good about where we ended up," she said.

Even with the plan revisions, according to the project's fact sheet, construction of the homes will require 63,390 cubic yards of grading and will disturb 17 acres of environmentally sensitive habitat.

Opponents continue to question the need for the development  on a pristine ridge and its scale, even in the revised form.

Heal the Bay, for instance, asked the commission in a letter to approve only one to three homes on the property.

"This development requires extensive and significant infrastructure, which would cause unmitigable impacts to a biologically sensitive area and our coastal zone environment," wrote Katherine Pease, a watershed scientist for the nonprofit environmental group.

Offline trlica

• Holy Joe
« Reply #10931 on: February 04, 2016, 01:40:39 PM »
visitors can't see pics , please You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login or You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Offline riffraff

• Deep In the Heart
« Reply #10932 on: February 05, 2016, 07:09:18 AM »
visitors can't see pics , please You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login or You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Ya know, when you look like that, you can build a house wherever you darn well please! Thanks for this great pic, and for getting us back to The Edge Is Just Too Cool.

Offline trlica

• Holy Joe
« Reply #10933 on: February 05, 2016, 12:35:16 PM »

Ya know, when you look like that, you can build a house wherever you darn well please! Thanks for this great pic, and for getting us back to The Edge Is Just Too Cool.

You are welcome :)

And you are right, he does look great  ;)
Sometimes I prefer black and white pictures over ones in color

Offline riffraff

• Deep In the Heart
« Reply #10934 on: February 06, 2016, 06:44:41 AM »
Yeah, except for missing out on those green eyes!