Author Topic: The Edge Is Just Too Cool  (Read 631653 times)

Offline trlica

• Holy Joe
Re: The Edge Is Just Too Cool
« Reply #10935 on: February 06, 2016, 02:00:16 PM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
Yeah, except for missing out on those green eyes!

Yes, it would be good that on black and white photos you can see eye color  ;)
(everything is in black and white and the eyes..... :o :D)

Offline riffraff

• Deep In the Heart
  • I know that this is not goodbye, my forum friends!
« Reply #10936 on: February 07, 2016, 06:10:09 AM »
Yeah, except for missing out on those green eyes!

Yes, it would be good that on black and white photos you can see eye color  ;)
(everything is in black and white and the eyes..... :o :D)

That would be, uh, perfection!

Offline riffraff

• Deep In the Heart
« Reply #10937 on: February 09, 2016, 08:55:44 AM »
I've mentioned before that I work out pretty much daily to my U2 dvd's. I have to tell you that almost every single day watching the Edge, I think to myself... "that boy LOVES to play his guitar". And, after seeing them in person, I must say that this applies to Adam, too. But, Edge REALLY loves to play...I think it's fascinating.

Offline Volcanogirl

• Elevated
  • The goal is Elevation !
« Reply #10938 on: February 20, 2016, 06:11:11 AM »
visitors can't see pics , please You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login or You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Offline Belisama

• Original of the Species
« Reply #10939 on: February 20, 2016, 09:16:11 AM »
I've mentioned before that I work out pretty much daily to my U2 dvd's. I have to tell you that almost every single day watching the Edge, I think to myself... "that boy LOVES to play his guitar". And, after seeing them in person, I must say that this applies to Adam, too. But, Edge REALLY loves to play...I think it's fascinating.

For me this was a highlight of the past tour. . . watching the absolute joy the band had in playing together.  Especially coming after Bono's injury and the loss of Larry's father. This is the reason why U2 have endured more than any other band. I have seen bands who have been together for decades and in most cases they are just going through the motions. U2 on the other hand find a joy when they are onstage together that I have never seen consistent in another band. We should all be so lucky to have such friends and coworkers.

Offline Volcanogirl

• Elevated
« Reply #10940 on: February 20, 2016, 09:25:24 AM »

For me this was a highlight of the past tour. . . watching the absolute joy the band had in playing together.  Especially coming after Bono's injury and the loss of Larry's father. This is the reason why U2 have endured more than any other band. I have seen bands who have been together for decades and in most cases they are just going through the motions. U2 on the other hand find a joy when they are onstage together that I have never seen consistent in another band. We should all be so lucky to have such friends and coworkers.

So agreed ! The joy is obvious and i am loving the band for that.

Offline Belisama

« Reply #10941 on: February 20, 2016, 10:30:56 AM »

So agreed ! The joy is obvious and i am loving the band for that.

To me it was the element missing from 360.  I just never got the vibe that the band was enjoying themselves.  Time after time that I saw them during I & E it was so apparent. And it was infectious.

Offline Volcanogirl

• Elevated
« Reply #10942 on: February 20, 2016, 04:46:30 PM »
^ Yeah the 360 was a big tour and i think the set up for the I&E tour is just intimate and that always reflects on an artist.

Offline Belisama

« Reply #10943 on: February 21, 2016, 01:59:19 AM »
^ Yeah the 360 was a big tour and i think the set up for the I&E tour is just intimate and that always reflects on an artist.

Volcano-- do you think the size of the venue had an impact on how the band interacted with the audience and each other?  For me I just never felt they were comfortable with the material from 360. 

Offline Volcanogirl

• Elevated
« Reply #10944 on: February 21, 2016, 05:39:29 AM »

Volcano-- do you think the size of the venue had an impact on how the band interacted with the audience and each other?  For me I just never felt they were comfortable with the material from 360.

Well i mostly had a rail spot since the Elevation tour. But i have sat back in the stadium once or twice and thats a different ballgame though. I felt the bands joy with 360, but they have to push harder to interact.

Offline Belisama

« Reply #10945 on: February 21, 2016, 06:16:54 AM »

Well i mostly had a rail spot since the Elevation tour. But i have sat back in the stadium once or twice and thats a different ballgame though. I felt the bands joy with 360, but they have to push harder to interact.

Interesting . . . that makes me reflect on things from a different perspective.  I never really felt it with 360. Saw the tour from all angles and I never felt the band was into the material.  I hated how Bono mugged so shamelessly-- like a caricature of himself.  It was like they were trying to hard.  Almost a pendulum swing from Pop where it was as if they didn't care at all (earlier shows).  Stadium Zoo I felt was the best of both worlds. In Elevation you could just tell they were happy to be back on tour. I loved it.

At Vancouver One friends and I huddled together before the show and we all confessed we were thinking the same thing-- "Please don't be bad."  So happy that for this tour they did not disappoint.  Maybe arena should be the way to go, although I think the multiple dates at the same venue are a strain on the band, especially Bono's voice.  Only time will tell. 

Offline Volcanogirl

• Elevated
« Reply #10946 on: February 21, 2016, 11:01:22 AM »

Interesting . . . that makes me reflect on things from a different perspective.  I never really felt it with 360. Saw the tour from all angles and I never felt the band was into the material.  I hated how Bono mugged so shamelessly-- like a caricature of himself.  It was like they were trying to hard.  Almost a pendulum swing from Pop where it was as if they didn't care at all (earlier shows).  Stadium Zoo I felt was the best of both worlds. In Elevation you could just tell they were happy to be back on tour. I loved it.

At Vancouver One friends and I huddled together before the show and we all confessed we were thinking the same thing-- "Please don't be bad."  So happy that for this tour they did not disappoint.  Maybe arena should be the way to go, although I think the multiple dates at the same venue are a strain on the band, especially Bono's voice.  Only time will tell.

Yes Belisama, it would be great if the crowd went nuts while going " MOOFOOH !! " next leg  ;)

Offline riffraff

• Deep In the Heart
« Reply #10947 on: March 31, 2016, 03:22:19 PM »
mooofoooo

and

boomcha

Offline Volcanogirl

• Elevated
« Reply #10948 on: April 01, 2016, 04:24:27 AM »
visitors can't see pics , please You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login or You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Offline riffraff

• Deep In the Heart
« Reply #10949 on: April 01, 2016, 06:25:27 AM »
Isn't that just awesome! Hey, wait a minute, this is Edge's thread! snicker