Author Topic: Will Bono's falsetto be more prominent on new album?  (Read 2118 times)

Offline So Cruel

• Elevated
  • it ain't no sin to be glad that you're alive
Re: Will Bono's falsetto be more prominent on new album?
« Reply #15 on: November 25, 2013, 05:24:33 PM »
I really hope he lays off the falsetto. It was fine once in a blue moon like the end of One or Lemon but that was when he had a strong, full voice. His falsetto now sounds a bit thin. He should sing in a lower register.

Offline U2-obsessed and proud

• Drowning Man/Woman
  • Let The Rain come down, make a brand new ground
« Reply #16 on: November 25, 2013, 05:51:26 PM »
More Bono falsetto, please. Love it.

Offline mdmomof7

• Holy Joe
  • Im born again to the latest sound
« Reply #17 on: November 25, 2013, 11:08:47 PM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
I really hope he lays off the falsetto. It was fine once in a blue moon like the end of One or Lemon but that was when he had a strong, full voice. His falsetto now sounds a bit thin. He should sing in a lower register.

I love the nuances of his vocals in lower registers. I heard the songs from the Red Auction = not good. I could make excuses for him, but I'd rather he rest up or exercise his voice to get it tour ready.

satellitedog01

« Reply #18 on: November 26, 2013, 01:12:51 AM »
1.) One off performances are usually dicey since you need some warming up to reach full vocal agility and endurance, more so impromptu ones where you can't even warm up properly.

2.) he was imitating Lou Reed's singing style, there were some small bends that sound like mistakes that are very Lou.

Offline JSab

• Staring at the Sun
  • No, no line
« Reply #19 on: November 26, 2013, 06:09:24 AM »

I love the nuances of his vocals in lower registers. I heard the songs from the Red Auction = not good. I could make excuses for him, but I'd rather he rest up or exercise his voice to get it tour ready.

Gah! Where are these recordings? I'd love to hear Bono sing Get Lucky, he did that at the Red Auction yes? Or he did it recently anyway.

I love how theres a thread specifically for Bonos falsetto, and this isn't the first. He does it well, it's not as strong, but I still love it. When used in moderation, it's a most welcome vocal style to add to the mix.

But still, he needs to sing lower more often, so I can sing along in the right octave sometimes.

satellitedog01

« Reply #20 on: November 26, 2013, 06:38:57 AM »
Youtube is your friend J!

Offline mdmomof7

• Holy Joe
  • Im born again to the latest sound
« Reply #21 on: November 26, 2013, 12:40:11 PM »

Gah! Where are these recordings? I'd love to hear Bono sing Get Lucky, he did that at the Red Auction yes? Or he did it recently anyway.

I love how theres a thread specifically for Bonos falsetto, and this isn't the first. He does it well, it's not as strong, but I still love it. When used in moderation, it's a most welcome vocal style to add to the mix.

But still, he needs to sing lower more often, so I can sing along in the right octave sometimes.

Whew! That was a close one, SD. You've helped me feel better about it.

Offline bonofaninaustin

• Party Girl/Boy
  • Time leaves us polished stones
« Reply #22 on: December 19, 2013, 07:13:09 PM »
I guess this proves it from the LA Times article...more falsetto to come!

So engineers continued to tinker with Bono's vocal chord-straining falsetto, the sound that has defined him and U2 as far back as albums like "War" and "The Unforgettable Fire." "There's just something about a bloke who sings like a chick," Bono cracked to a reporter. And then practically in the same motion, he turned, took the mike and unleashed another one of those vocals.

Offline an tha

• Airborne Ranger
  • You can swallow, or you can spit.
« Reply #23 on: December 20, 2013, 11:20:37 AM »
I guess this proves it from the LA Times article...more falsetto to come!

So engineers continued to tinker with Bono's vocal chord-straining falsetto, the sound that has defined him and U2 as far back as albums like "War" and "The Unforgettable Fire." "There's just something about a bloke who sings like a chick," Bono cracked to a reporter. And then practically in the same motion, he turned, took the mike and unleashed another one of those vocals.

Oh FFS.

Hopefully there will be plenty of his richer, deeper 'growl' too.

Offline Dali

• Child of Grace
« Reply #24 on: December 22, 2013, 07:44:13 AM »
The font looks seriously cool!