Author Topic: My 20th Bday, and the 20th Anniversary of the Zoomerang Tour  (Read 563 times)

Offline zeeTV

• Numb
  • But I can change the world in me... REJOICE
My 20th Bday, and the 20th Anniversary of the Zoomerang Tour
« on: November 27, 2013, 12:45:34 AM »
I was born on this day 20 years ago. I was my Parent's first child, I was born on the same day of the 1993 ZOO TV Sydney Show that was recorded, and released. My father, mother and Uncles were massive U2 fans, my mum fell in love with them when my dad took her to the 'love town' gig in Sydney, on their anniversary. My Dad and Uncles were so in love, they formed their own tribute band 'U3', that didn't really go to well though haha.

During my mothers pregnancy with me, she always listened to Achtung Baby, so it was written in the Stars that I'd fall in love with those 4 boys from Dublin. I was born at 2pm, the U2 Concert began a few hours later, my father and uncles ditched me at birth to go watch the show, my mother was a little bedazzled saying as if you don't want to be here in the first few hours of your child's/niece's life, their response .........."We are not missing A U2 SHOW FOR A LITTLE SCREAMING CHILD".

They went to the concert, and described it as the best night of their lives, it took 19 years to receive an apology for their actions, but I probably would've done the same. Hence I have this special connection with Achtung Baby and Zooropa, Its kind of unraveled to being the soundtrack to my life. 

Go on through the years, my mother had her second daughter 6 years later. She was born with a disability, that weakens her muscles and gives her a learning disability. Despite that, since the age of 2 years, my little sister began listening to U2, we have video's of here when she was still in diapers singing Mysterious Ways, and the bands Music always seems to get her through the tough times, she is like a U2 ipod, she can sing and recall any song even from Boy, I will forever be indebted to the band for the affect they've had on her.

Anyways enough rambling, today is my special day so I wanted to share with y'all the special association I have with U2.
God bless em xx

An Cat Dubh

Re: My 20th Bday, and the 20th Anniversary of the Zoomerang Tour
« Reply #1 on: November 27, 2013, 12:49:52 AM »
Happy Birthday. Nice story.

Offline edgeplorer

• Wanderer
« Reply #2 on: November 27, 2013, 06:20:55 AM »
Happy Birthday! :)

Offline JSab

• Staring at the Sun
  • No, no line
« Reply #3 on: November 29, 2013, 09:10:25 AM »
That is so bloody cool! I love the fact that I was alive when Achtung Baby was released... I was a good 3 months old at the time.

I'm amazed that you became a crazed fan too- usually when parents play particular music to no end, the kids eventually resent it. But you were obviously taught well :)

Offline zeeTV

• Numb
  • But I can change the world in me... REJOICE
« Reply #4 on: November 30, 2013, 06:20:41 PM »
Haha thanks Guys  :D

Yes It usually does work that way, but do you blame me? Its U2 afterall, it was everywhere growing up.
It captured my soul, and I've never looked back