Author Topic: NEW FORUM GUIDELINES & RULES: Your Feedback is Wanted  (Read 2219 times)

Offline m2

• Administrator
  • Desert Rose
  • I love the smell of fresh forum killspam.
NEW FORUM GUIDELINES & RULES: Your Feedback is Wanted
« on: December 03, 2013, 07:05:51 PM »
Hi everyone,

As we've said before, we expect usage of the forum to increase next year when U2's album comes out and when (if?) the band goes on tour. We've already taken step one of our preparations for the increased activity, which was to add new moderators. As best we can tell, they seem like keepers. :) So, now it's time to move on to step two.

We'll soon be rewriting the forum rules to better reflect the type of community that we want this forum to be. We'll be reviewing our standards across the board as they relate to what gets posted in the forum, expectations of forum members, discipline, etc. Everything will be reviewed and everything is open for being improved.

We'd like your help.

Whether you're a brand new forum member or a grizzled vet, we'd like to know what you think of the forum. You can say anything you want to us, and you can say as much or as little as you want. Everything will be read by the entire group of moderators, but your comments will remain private to us and will not be shared outside the moderators.

Please send an email to forum...at...atu2.com (format that address correctly, of course!) if you have thoughts on the forum, good or bad, and want to have your voice considered as we review how the forum operates. Be sure to include your forum username, please.

If you need some inspiration to get started, here are some ideas that may give you an idea of what we're looking for:

"Here's what I like about the forum...."

"Here's what I dislike about the forum...."

"Here's what I wish you would change about the forum...."

"The best thing about the forum right now is...."

"The worst thing about the forum right now is...."

"If I were in charge, here are the things I would change about the forum..."

"Please don't change this about of the forum...."

"This forum rule should be changed because...."

etc.

Does that help you get an idea of the type of feedback we want? I hope so. We're looking forward to learning what's on everyone's mind.

Thx,
Matt
« Last Edit: December 04, 2013, 11:47:02 AM by m2 »

Offline m2

• Administrator
  • Desert Rose
Re: NEW FORUM GUIDELINES & RULES: Your Feedback is Wanted
« Reply #1 on: December 04, 2013, 11:47:32 AM »
Bumping this for folks who missed it last night.

Offline m2

• Administrator
  • Desert Rose
« Reply #2 on: December 07, 2013, 03:29:17 PM »
Another bump.

Offline m2

• Administrator
  • Desert Rose
« Reply #3 on: December 10, 2013, 01:40:22 PM »
Reminder on this, as well: Would love to hear from some more forum members that are interested in helping to shape our new forum rules/guidelines coming soon.