Author Topic: A CD EP from U2?  (Read 899 times)

Offline popeyebonaparte

• Babyface
A CD EP from U2?
« on: December 23, 2013, 02:10:02 PM »
Wide Awake In America (1985) was released in America for the purpose of making songs available to the US audience that had only been released as B-sides in the UK and Europe.

Three live tracks from the U2360 tour were made available on the vinyl EP "Wide Awake In Europe" in 2011 and two studio tracks have been made available also on vynil now (Ordinary Love and Breathe Mandela Version). How about releasing that on CD for non-vynil listeners? Maybe tack on This Is and the Sunday Bloody Sunday performance from earlier this year. Would you buy it? I would and the general public would as well. Maybe even also the iTunes only I Will Follow from Glastonbury...

Offline miryclay

• Up With the Sun
Re: A CD EP from U2?
« Reply #1 on: December 23, 2013, 02:32:49 PM »
Wide Awake in Africa

Offline Saint1322

• Staring at the Sun
« Reply #2 on: December 23, 2013, 03:36:09 PM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
Wide Awake In America (1985) was released in America for the purpose of making songs available to the US audience that had only been released as B-sides in the UK and Europe.

Three live tracks from the U2360 tour were made available on the vinyl EP "Wide Awake In Europe" in 2011 and two studio tracks have been made available also on vynil now (Ordinary Love and Breathe Mandela Version). How about releasing that on CD for non-vynil listeners? Maybe tack on This Is and the Sunday Bloody Sunday performance from earlier this year. Would you buy it? I would and the general public would as well. Maybe even also the iTunes only I Will Follow from Glastonbury...

That would have made a fine fan club gift this year, IMO. Add the live songs from 360 not included in the vote for U2:22, like Stingray, North Star, Boy Falls From The Sky, etc. I would say Every Breaking Wave, but I have a feeling we've not heard the last of that one.

Anyway, yeah, the three songs from the vinyl plus a few of the above would have been much better than a damn book. A digital release would have been cool too.

Offline an tha

• Airborne Ranger
  • You can swallow, or you can spit.
« Reply #3 on: December 23, 2013, 05:40:09 PM »
A below par soundtrack single, a meh reworking of a song off a meh album, a weak cover and a live song from an ok at best gig wouldnt get the juices flowing for me - u2 are capable of much, much better!
« Last Edit: December 23, 2013, 06:02:42 PM by an tha »

Offline popeyebonaparte

• Babyface
« Reply #4 on: December 24, 2013, 11:40:27 AM »
Maybe 'Soon', 'Winter' and 'No Line On The Horizon II'?

Ordinary Love
Breathe (Mandela version)
Sunday Bloody Sunday (Live for Iran)
Mercy (Wide Awake In Europe)
I'll go Crazy If I Don't Go Crazy Tonight (Wide Awake In Europe)
Moment of Surrender (Wide Awake In Europe)
Soon (From U2360 box set)
This Is (A Night for Christy)
No Line On The Horizon II (From 'Get On Your Boots' single)
Winter (Brothers versions)
I Will Follow (Live from Glastonbury)
Ordinary Love (Re-Mix)