Author Topic: New song during Super Bowl  (Read 13692 times)

Offline rexstardust

• Refugee
Re: New song during Super Bowl
« Reply #60 on: January 14, 2014, 04:04:17 PM »
Luckily, U2 fans don't mind waiting.

Offline OnlyU2

• Holy Joe
  • Who's to say what it is will break you
« Reply #61 on: January 20, 2014, 05:31:24 PM »
For Canadians:  will we see the commercial?

Super Bowl TV commercials Canadians get different Ads

Ads during the Super Bowl get a lot of hype, but during the live broadcast, Canadians often don't see the same ads as those seen in the US.

The reason for this is that Canadian TV stations pay for the right to broadcast the Super Bowl in Canada. To finance that expense, those stations sell separate advertising during the game. In Canada, most of the advertising time is sold to Canadian advertisers who want to reach Canadian audiences. As a result, Super Bowl viewers in Canada see the Canadian ads instead of the ones that US viewers see. Canada and the United States are separate markets for television rights.

Even if you get US TV stations that broadcast the Super Bowl, these stations haven't bought the rights to broadcast the game in Canada. So the American signal carrying the game is usually replaced with a Canadian signal through a process called signal substitution. For a number of years, the US ads have been available on the internet.

You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Offline So Cruel

• Elevated
  • it ain't no sin to be glad that you're alive
« Reply #62 on: January 20, 2014, 06:09:28 PM »
For Canadians:  will we see the commercial?

Super Bowl TV commercials – Canadians get different Ads

Ads during the Super Bowl get a lot of hype, but during the live broadcast, Canadians often don't see the same ads as those seen in the US.

The reason for this is that Canadian TV stations pay for the right to broadcast the Super Bowl in Canada. To finance that expense, those stations sell separate advertising during the game. In Canada, most of the advertising time is sold to Canadian advertisers who want to reach Canadian audiences. As a result, Super Bowl viewers in Canada see the Canadian ads instead of the ones that US viewers see. Canada and the United States are separate markets for television rights.

Even if you get US TV stations that broadcast the Super Bowl, these stations haven't bought the rights to broadcast the game in Canada. So the American signal carrying the game is usually replaced with a Canadian signal through a process called signal substitution. For a number of years, the US ads have been available on the internet.

CTV was horrible yesterday. Saw the same commercial for the show The Following maybe 50x through both games, and I'm not even exaggerating. Same lame commercials over and over.

We will probably only get about 10 - 20% of the ads that the U.S will see on Super Bowl Sunday. Will have to check them out online.

Offline KenpoMatt

• Headache in a Suitcase
  • The first wealth is health.
« Reply #63 on: January 20, 2014, 06:34:34 PM »
Don't worry guys, within 5 minutes of the US commercial, we will be able to see it online.

Offline Nagrom76

• Refugee
  • Bacon
« Reply #64 on: January 20, 2014, 07:31:03 PM »
Don't worry guys, within 5 minutes of the US commercial, we will be able to see it online.

Exactly. I think the some will be heard before the super bowl though...

Offline THRILLHO

• Holy Joe
  • The sun won't melt our wings tonight
« Reply #65 on: January 20, 2014, 07:31:47 PM »
I bet it'll leak before the super bowl

Offline birdman987

• Babyface
« Reply #66 on: January 20, 2014, 08:03:15 PM »
WORDS to keep the thread going.

Offline Frankmenel26

• Babyface
« Reply #67 on: January 20, 2014, 09:12:12 PM »
I think the Super Bowl ad will announce the single, with immediate download, album name and release date, as well as the tour start. I'm even hopeful, that given the ad was filmed in a hanger, we may even see a performance style as which will be a preview of what to expect from the tour.  ;)

Offline mdmomof7

• Holy Joe
  • Im born again to the latest sound
« Reply #68 on: January 20, 2014, 09:26:41 PM »
I think the Super Bowl ad will announce the single, with immediate download, album name and release date, as well as the tour start. I'm even hopeful, that given the ad was filmed in a hanger, we may even see a performance style as which will be a preview of what to expect from the tour.  ;)

What would be even better is free streaming of the album on iTunes even if it's only for a 24 hr. period. THAT would be fun! We would hopefully CRASH iTunes with the demand!

Offline Frankmenel26

• Babyface
« Reply #69 on: January 20, 2014, 10:48:18 PM »
The silence from the band is deafening....something big is about to happen IMO. The June release date can do one! The album will be out in March, if not sooner.

Offline MASTER YODA

• Staring at the Sun
  • Patriots 2017!!!
« Reply #70 on: January 20, 2014, 11:23:50 PM »

What would be even better is free streaming of the album on iTunes even if it's only for a 24 hr. period. THAT would be fun! We would hopefully CRASH iTunes with the demand!

Yeah album stream immediately after ad and available download the next day!

Offline Rodney T-M

• Stateless
« Reply #71 on: January 21, 2014, 02:30:13 AM »
Guys, this is just a bloody one off single I think, with no connection to the album. That's what everything that U2 has said about it seems to imply. Wishing otherwise but not getting my hopes up.

Offline The Edges Cat

• Desert Rose
« Reply #72 on: January 21, 2014, 03:38:40 AM »
We'll soon find out. 12 days 'til Christmas Superbowl. ;D

Offline Nagrom76

• Refugee
  • Bacon
« Reply #73 on: January 21, 2014, 04:40:50 AM »
Guys, this is just a bloody one off single I think, with no connection to the album. That's what everything that U2 has said about it seems to imply. Wishing otherwise but not getting my hopes up.

You might be right, I just can't see them going on Fallon with one song. It doesn't add up...

Offline Bantering ram

• Headache in a Suitcase
« Reply #74 on: January 21, 2014, 05:26:36 AM »

You might be right, I just can't see them going on Fallon with one song. It doesn't add up...

Isn't there a chance that they'll simply perform material that's already been released (including Ordinary love) as opposed to new songs?