Author Topic: New song during Super Bowl  (Read 13750 times)

Offline TheU2Ken

• Traffic Cop (Rue du Marais)
  • To tell the truth, this could be the last time
Re: New song during Super Bowl
« Reply #45 on: January 12, 2014, 05:33:12 PM »
someones thoughts on Interference:

That they keep saying that it's in the works still... however...

--the edge also just confirmed that the RED single would be the first thing we hear off the album
--U2.com confirmed that invisible is that RED song and we'd hear it soon
--danger mouse is incredibly busy right now with broken bells and is clearly not in a place where he can devote days at a time to U2
--mouse also won't discuss anything u2 related

I'm thinking they're gonna drop the album all at once. It's very clearly done, yet they keep denying that it's done.

hoping they're right

Offline codeguy

• Elevated
  • If there is a light, don't let it go out
« Reply #46 on: January 12, 2014, 05:37:48 PM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

my favourite part of this article is:  "according to top U2 fansite @U2" . . . .way to go Matt!!!  :D :D :D

at least they (@U2.com) got credit this time.
Sorry @U2, but interference.com is the top U2 fansite. It's got 10 times the traffic of @u2. @us is still my favorite fansite though.....

Offline TheU2Ken

« Reply #47 on: January 12, 2014, 05:39:03 PM »

my favourite part of this article is:  "according to top U2 fansite @U2" . . . .way to go Matt!!!  :D :D :D

Sorry @U2, but interference.com is the top U2 fansite. It's got 10 times the traffic of @u2. @us is still my favorite fansite though.....
bigger doesn't mean better  ;)

I for one enjoy the smallness of @U2 that comes along with a great group of people

Offline TheU2Ken

« Reply #48 on: January 12, 2014, 05:41:05 PM »
is it interesting that when I search for U2 on twitter I see ads for Beats Music?!?!?!?!
I searched a few more times and it's still the only ad that comes up

Offline The Slow Loris

• Refugee
« Reply #49 on: January 12, 2014, 05:47:35 PM »

--the edge also just confirmed that the RED single would be the first thing we hear off the album
--danger mouse is incredibly busy right now with broken bells and is clearly not in a place where he can devote days at a time to U2

I'm thinking they're gonna drop the album all at once. It's very clearly done, yet they keep denying that it's done.

hoping they're right

I agree. Here's what I posted at Interference:

Prediction: U2 will make the entire album available for download immediately following the Superbowl. You heard it here first.   

EDIT: Why you ask? They have something "amazing" planned according to Edge, but he can't reveal anything yet. What would be more amazing than a surprise release advertised by, and immediately following, the biggest commercial of their career? And Danger Mouse is working on the Broken Bells album. If U2 were really finishing up the record, Danger Mouse would be in there until the bitter end, helping to put the finishing touches together. But he's not.

Offline THRILLHO

• Holy Joe
  • The sun won't melt our wings tonight
« Reply #50 on: January 12, 2014, 05:48:52 PM »
Yea I don't want to even start to think that's true.....I mean....that would be way to progressive and forward thinking

Offline TheU2Ken

« Reply #51 on: January 12, 2014, 05:49:06 PM »

hoping they're right

Prediction: U2 will make the entire album available for download immediately following the Superbowl. You heard it here first.   

EDIT: Why you ask? They have something "amazing" planned according to Edge, but he can't reveal anything yet. What would be more amazing than a surprise release advertised by, and immediately following, the biggest commercial of their career? And Danger Mouse is working on the Broken Bells album. If U2 were really finishing up the record, Danger Mouse would be in there until the bitter end, helping to put the finishing touches together. But he's not.
If that happens, I'm not sure what I'd do. I'd probably just stand there in utter shock for a few minutes and run to a computer

I still just think it's Invisible and the song will be able to download after along with album news

Offline imaginary friend

• Airborne Ranger
  • the vaccine for your wack scene
« Reply #52 on: January 12, 2014, 05:49:44 PM »

well, it's not like @U2 described themselves like that.

Offline THRILLHO

• Holy Joe
  • The sun won't melt our wings tonight
« Reply #53 on: January 12, 2014, 05:50:16 PM »
Ill just set my hopes on commercial featuring new song, no immediate dl or anything like that.

satellitedog01

« Reply #54 on: January 12, 2014, 06:09:01 PM »
It's gonna be Bono in salesman mode in front of a flow-chart pointing out how Beats co-operates with Red and U2 all to end poverty worldwide, and end it with "Get up off you big fat asses, plant it in front of an operational computing terminal and download it the F, ASAP" or something similar.

Offline Messenger

• Running to Stand Still
  • The universe is beautiful but cold.
« Reply #55 on: January 12, 2014, 07:39:20 PM »

hoping they're right

I like this new theory. It makes sense, except for the part where sounds so un-U2 like. But I think that makes it more likely with the new change in management.

Jay Z surprised everyone by announcing his new album with a joint commercial with Samsung during Game 5 of the NBA finals. Beyonce released her album on a random Wednesday night and people went crazy.

Everyone knows the U2 album is coming, but if they drop it out of the blue during the Super Bowl....that would top them both - even if it exclusive to the Beats streaming service for a limited time (which is just a guess)

Offline J_Rock321

• Party Girl/Boy
  • Hiiipower
« Reply #56 on: January 14, 2014, 01:33:46 PM »
If they do plan to partner with beats do anybody expect a u2 special edition beats headphones just like the special edition ipod.  And plus will anybody buy it.  (People in this forum).

Offline bosk1

• Babyface
« Reply #57 on: January 14, 2014, 02:23:11 PM »
Won't the new Beats service only available in the U.S.? Would they release the album in a format only available to US fans? Even if it was for a limited time, that would suck for the rest of the world to have to wait.

Offline an tha

• Airborne Ranger
  • You can swallow, or you can spit.
« Reply #58 on: January 14, 2014, 02:46:59 PM »
Won't the new Beats service only available in the U.S.? Would they release the album in a format only available to US fans? Even if it was for a limited time, that would suck for the rest of the world to have to wait.

I can't see u2 being that stupid

satellitedog01

« Reply #59 on: January 14, 2014, 03:27:52 PM »
Plus the rest of the world wouldn't really have to wait too long either :-)