Author Topic: Christmas Card Exchange  (Read 15535 times)

Offline StrongGirl

• Genius of Compression
  • On BLS I heard the sound of an angel
Re: Christmas Card Exchange
« Reply #60 on: December 16, 2008, 06:12:42 PM »
Wow, I got Brazil, Australia, and even Croatia-how cool is that. I have quite a few in the US too which is great. This is the first time I'm doing it. I'm off to do them now.

Offline Joe90usa

• Airborne Ranger
  • Dragons Rule! Catfish Drool.
« Reply #61 on: December 16, 2008, 07:11:10 PM »
Don't forget international stamps!   8)

Offline Zooropa

• Babyface
« Reply #62 on: December 17, 2008, 02:21:30 AM »
Hey, it's the Card Exchange Hostess. For those of you who miss the deadline, keep in mind next year that it's okay to send me your info anyway, at least up until the weekend that follows. I need a deadline so that I can already have the majority of people posted on a spreadsheet by that point. Then I can just start putting the lists together the following weekend. Some stragglers are expected and it's fine.

We always have a lot more U.S. fans signing up, so I try to have a certain percentage of non-U.S. fans on each list - usually four or five people. There are about nine separate lists when I'm finished.

I'm embarrassed to admit that it wasn't until I had sent out the first five lists this year - individually in separate e-mails to each person on a particular list - that I finally got the bright idea of just sending out one e-mail to all the people on the list at once. Dawn breaks on Marblehead...

daveyg

« Reply #63 on: December 17, 2008, 02:45:55 AM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
Got mine too, mostly from USA but 2 or 3 international!!!! Well ours will all be a little late, but a New Years Day is still part of the holiday so hopefully they will get there by then. I didnt get one from Dubin though.

awwwwww - pm me and ill make sure u get one from Dublin!! :)

Offline onetreehill

• Up With the Sun
  • to the rhythm of my soul
« Reply #64 on: December 17, 2008, 12:17:44 PM »
this is my first year going the exchange, I am sorry if some of mine get sent out late, I was making a card in the spirit of u2, and it took me a little longer than I anticipated.

Offline julesport

• Holy Joe
  • Free yourself to be yourself...
« Reply #65 on: December 17, 2008, 02:59:20 PM »
Mine have been sent....This is my first time in the exchange and am very excited!! Didn't do anything original since I wanted to get the cards in the mail.........next year I'll know what to do........

Offline zooey

• Elevated
  • Boom Cha
« Reply #66 on: December 18, 2008, 04:48:45 PM »
I just sent the domestic ones out today and will get the international ones on their way tomorrow.   :D

Offline StrongGirl

• Genius of Compression
« Reply #67 on: December 18, 2008, 07:05:25 PM »
Me too, zooey! I just got my very first one in the mail today.  ;D

Offline Starfish

• Acrobat
  • Yay, it's Larry!!!
« Reply #68 on: December 21, 2008, 09:38:26 AM »
They're gone, they're sent (including the one sealed with a kiss  :-*). I do, however, have a confession to make.
I have this sinking feeling that I put a wrong card in the wrong envelope. If your name is Connor and you get a card that begins with "Dear Sally" please, forgive me. Sally will probably open a card and read "Dear Connor". I tried really hard, but the marbles aren't all there I'm afraid. Sorry about that. Merry Christmas!  ;D

Offline cutesmartU2faninny

• Babyface
  • What goes around comes around
« Reply #69 on: December 21, 2008, 07:17:28 PM »
Looks like everyone is enjoying the card exchange....mine are going out this week--was delayed with all the snow we received and having to clear the driveway continually!!!! Happy Winter!!  :D

Offline onetreehill

• Up With the Sun
  • to the rhythm of my soul
« Reply #70 on: December 21, 2008, 09:20:26 PM »
cutesmartu2faninny this has nothing to do with the christmas card exchange, but I LOVE the photograph for your ID, that is one of my favorite photographs of Bono!!!

but on the Card exchange I sent my out yesterday!

mariamontreal

« Reply #71 on: December 22, 2008, 09:06:22 AM »
22-12-08 still haven't recieved 1 card yet mine were all sent last week . I am very anxious to get some .

Offline StrongGirl

• Genius of Compression
« Reply #72 on: December 22, 2008, 11:26:41 AM »
I got 3 already and one had a CD with U2 music inside it. How great is that? One was from Elsha Stockseth's friend! You must all know Elsha who designs the cards for the African Well Fund (I believe)! U2 dedicated Miracle Drug to her and always make time to visit with her when she comes to see them. A wheelchair doesn't stop Elsha. She is one of my heroes!!! I am going to send her a message ;D.

Offline BeneathTheNoise

• Intellectual Tortoise
« Reply #73 on: December 22, 2008, 02:51:34 PM »
Someone sent you a cd??  :o Dang. Wish I had thought of that. All I put in them was festive magnets.  :-X Idea for next year though.

Offline StrongGirl

• Genius of Compression
« Reply #74 on: December 22, 2008, 03:24:59 PM »
I felt awful because all I sent was a note in the card. I hope I get a pass on that because it was my first year. I'll have to think of something clever for next year. If I had any talent, I would love to draw the band inside the card. That would be cool. 8)
« Last Edit: December 22, 2008, 03:27:11 PM by StrongGirl »