Author Topic: Hi from Dublin West!  (Read 5990 times)

Offline ABloodRedSky

• Drowning Man/Woman
  • We're sorry, we're closed for lunch.
Re: Hi from Dublin West!
« Reply #15 on: February 21, 2009, 07:50:01 PM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
Welcome Popman!  So tell us, any sightings?  We have another new member from Dublin who recently told us some fun stories of glimpses he got of the band over the years.
Well, Bono's usually seen around the Grafton Street area (south dublin city), with Guggi, Gavin Friday and the rest of his mates. Lillies would be their main nightspot for having a couple of shandys! :D

In fact, one of my best friends ran into Bono one evening last summer with Guggi in the Grafton Street area, Bono's a sound man, my friend gave him a hug and he didn't wash his jacket for weeks! ;D Bono's not the tallest of guys, my friend was towering over him but he's the nicest guy you could meet.

Thanks for the story, Popman! And welcome. I'm at university here in the States, but I'm hoping to head over to UCD in a year or two and study there for a semester =)

Offline Popman

• Wanderer
Re: Hi from Dublin West!
« Reply #16 on: February 22, 2009, 10:01:00 AM »
Welcome Popman!  So tell us, any sightings?  We have another new member from Dublin who recently told us some fun stories of glimpses he got of the band over the years.
Well, Bono's usually seen around the Grafton Street area (south dublin city), with Guggi, Gavin Friday and the rest of his mates. Lillies would be their main nightspot for having a couple of shandys! :D

In fact, one of my best friends ran into Bono one evening last summer with Guggi in the Grafton Street area, Bono's a sound man, my friend gave him a hug and he didn't wash his jacket for weeks! ;D Bono's not the tallest of guys, my friend was towering over him but he's the nicest guy you could meet.

Thanks for the story, Popman! And welcome. I'm at university here in the States, but I'm hoping to head over to UCD in a year or two and study there for a semester =)
UCD? Great place to study my friend, the students there will make you feel more than welcome. ;)