Author Topic: Will there be any U2 appearances in NYC Super Bowl week to promote BOA and "Invisible"?  (Read 947 times)

Offline Philaboy1971

• Headache in a Suitcase
Just curious. If I were BOA, I'd want an appearance or something.

Offline ZooClothes

• Precious Stone
  • This is where you can reach me now.
Excellent question, especially considering that 1)U2 has a new "media savvy" manager and 2) U2's positive history in NYC. However, IMHO, I think that they really don't want to dilute the impact that the Super Bowl ad will have.

Offline codeguy

• Elevated
  • If there is a light, don't let it go out
No, they will want to avoid the perception that the Super Bowl ad is just a promo for the new album. They will wait until the jimmy Fallon appearance two weeks later....

Offline MASTER YODA

• Staring at the Sun
  • Patriots 2017!!!
Doubt it. I think this commercial can be overloooked

Offline AJ

• Elevated
  • Vinyl Guru
I don't think so either. The commercial itself isn't really that big of a deal, its the fact that its for (RED) and the free download that makes it exciting. Even The Flaming Lips had a song and themselves prominently featured in a SB commercial last year.

Offline Messenger

• Running to Stand Still
  • The universe is beautiful but cold.
Doubt it as well. I don't think BoA has quite enough power in this partnership to ask for anything like that anyway.

Offline Philaboy1971

• Headache in a Suitcase
Wishful thinking on my part.

Offline codeguy

• Elevated
  • If there is a light, don't let it go out
It's funny that when U2 did the Apple iPod commercial in 2005 it was considered low class by some. Now a Super Bowl ad is ok.

Offline miryclay

• Up With the Sun
Apparently Mark Romanek did the Ipod commercial as well as Invisible. So he is their go-to guy for mega promotions.

You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

He also did "Are You Gonna go my Way" which kinda would be stylistically close to a video with a small audience in an intimate setting.