Poll

yes/no

Yes
20 (25.6%)
No
58 (74.4%)

Total Members Voted: 72

Author Topic: Will a new song be debuted on Fallon?  (Read 2383 times)

Offline ZooClothes

• Precious Stone
  • This is where you can reach me now.
Re: Will a new song be debuted on Fallon?
« Reply #30 on: February 04, 2014, 10:55:28 PM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
I think Ordinary Love and Invisible.  Too soon for a new song and doubt they will play any old ones

Maybe not too "Soon".......

Offline MKinnes

• Stranger in a Strange Land
« Reply #31 on: February 04, 2014, 11:47:03 PM »
Something just came out on You Tube.   I even registered in the forum for the first time just to let people know.  I've heard it 3 times so far and it's unlike anything they have ever put out before.  Someone tell me I'm not nuts here.  It's on YouTube  and it's listed as:
U2 - New Single 'Invisible' (Review)

Offline OnlyU2

• Holy Joe
  • Who's to say what it is will break you
« Reply #32 on: February 05, 2014, 07:15:42 AM »
Something just came out on You Tube.   I even registered in the forum for the first time just to let people know.  I've heard it 3 times so far and it's unlike anything they have ever put out before.  Someone tell me I'm not nuts here.  It's on YouTube  and it's listed as:
U2 - New Single 'Invisible' (Review)

Not U2.

Offline Johnny Feathers

• Elevated
« Reply #33 on: February 05, 2014, 07:43:22 AM »
It's Fallon's first night--U2 will only play one song during the show.  They simply won't devote that much time for the musical guest on the show's first night.  So I'd say be ready and happy for Invisible.  Maybe they'll perform other songs afterwards for release online.  But I highly doubt there will be anything new, with the possible exception of Ordinary Love.

Let's keep those expectations in check, hm?

Offline This Dave

• Numb
« Reply #34 on: February 06, 2014, 07:38:46 AM »

[/quote]

U2 are there for publicity; but they are not publicising to us. Rather it is for the casual U2 listener; the person who is likely to go to U2's gig when it next comes to their city, but don't spend countless hours following every move the band makes through fan sites. These people make up a large proportion of U2's fan base.

For the  fans that go to websites such as this one, they do not need to do any publicity.
[/quote]

This is a fair point. I often think of that when fans on this site joke about certain Bono-isms heard over and over in interviews, or complain that he's saying the same thing all the time. They forget that you aren't supposed to be reading every single interview done with media in every country. Of course you keep hearing the same things...he's doing the same interviews. But people the Portguese language news service serves aren't supposed to be the same audience as the American and German and Polish and English audience.
Think about when Hollywood stars do junkets for their new movie, and dozens of interviews are conducted in a few hours. You don't think it's the same thing over and over? Of course it is, but you aren't meant to be watching them all.

satellitedog01

« Reply #35 on: February 06, 2014, 07:58:00 AM »

Erm... That would've been a solid argument ten years ago, but today almost everyone expected to learn about such news is getting their info online, so they easily get all the interviews through a web search, without joining a fan community. But otherwise yes, it is for the general public, not the followers.

Also, I hope I'm proved wrong, but what if they only play Ordinary Love, for a bit of an Oscar publicity boost?
They aren't there for us.

Their not there for publicity?

Sorry, I missed this earlier, my answer is above of course.

Offline codeguy

• Elevated
  • If there is a light, don't let it go out
« Reply #36 on: February 06, 2014, 10:32:49 AM »
They will play Invisible....So far it's a moderate hit outside the U2verse, but not a smash hit....they will want to increase its public consciousness....

Offline U2-obsessed and proud

• Drowning Man/Woman
  • Let The Rain come down, make a brand new ground
« Reply #37 on: February 06, 2014, 03:47:26 PM »
Well I highly doubt they are going on Fallon just to play 10-year-old Vertigo.

Offline Starman

• Drowning Man/Woman
« Reply #38 on: February 06, 2014, 04:39:27 PM »

It's Fallon's first night--U2 will only play one song during the show.  They simply won't devote that much time for the musical guest on the show's first night.  So I'd say be ready and happy for Invisible.  Maybe they'll perform other songs afterwards for release online.  But I highly doubt there will be anything new, with the possible exception of Ordinary Love.

Let's keep those expectations in check, hm?

This.

Offline codeguy

• Elevated
  • If there is a light, don't let it go out
« Reply #39 on: February 07, 2014, 10:34:28 AM »
If a new song is debuted, it will be because they have announced the album name, release date and this new song is the premier of the single..... I doubt it based on latest interviews

Offline miryclay

• Up With the Sun
« Reply #40 on: February 09, 2014, 10:16:14 AM »
I don't expect a new announcement but a pairing of Invisible and OL would be topical.

Offline miryclay

• Up With the Sun
« Reply #41 on: February 09, 2014, 10:16:46 AM »
If a new song is debuted, it will be because they have announced the album name, release date and this new song is the premier of the single..... I doubt it based on latest interviews

u2 just do what they want, I don't expect anything big.