Author Topic: Invisible is #1 on ITunes Rock Top Songs chart.  (Read 6391 times)

Offline TheEnd

• Refugee
Re: Invisible is #1 on ITunes Rock Top Songs chart.
« Reply #30 on: February 05, 2014, 07:46:44 AM »
I've always disliked Beautiful Day -- I disliked it when it was released in 2000 and I still dislike it.

I initially found Invisible to be a bit bland but I've come around after 30+ listens and I prefer it to all of the opening singles from the last decade. The trick was to listen at night using my good headphones and IEMs. I spent countless hours during the 90s listening to AB and later pop in this manner. Invisible is definitely a grower.

Offline Philaboy1971

• Headache in a Suitcase
« Reply #31 on: February 05, 2014, 12:37:58 PM »
Yes , speakers/ headphones definitely matter.

Offline PowerSurge

• Headache in a Suitcase
  • Hello Hello
« Reply #32 on: February 05, 2014, 02:14:07 PM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
I've always disliked Beautiful Day -- I disliked it when it was released in 2000 and I still dislike it.

I initially found Invisible to be a bit bland but I've come around after 30+ listens and I prefer it to all of the opening singles from the last decade. The trick was to listen at night using my good headphones and IEMs. I spent countless hours during the 90s listening to AB and later pop in this manner. Invisible is definitely a grower.

Wow...I respect that you have your own personal taste in music but I would surely think that if anyone remotely liked Invisible they would have been at least fond of Beautiful Day. I'm pretty shocked to be honest. I realize that they are not the same exact style of song but they do have a lot more similarities than differences. Very surprising to me.

Offline soapit

• Precious Stone
« Reply #33 on: February 05, 2014, 02:17:02 PM »
i disagree that they have more similarities than differences.

Offline Wtn24

• Stateless
« Reply #34 on: February 05, 2014, 02:47:20 PM »
BD and Invisible are very similar

Offline wik73

• Numb
« Reply #35 on: February 05, 2014, 02:49:03 PM »
BD doesn't do it for me like invisible does. From that album for me Grace, New York, elevation and SIAMYCGOO are more  in line with the quality of invisible.

Offline KitCat

• Precious Stone
  • looking for a way up
« Reply #36 on: February 05, 2014, 05:10:17 PM »
Currently #48 on the Aussie charts, I'm impressed, we haven't had the media coverage here in Aus like the superbowl ad and Aussies are free-loaders. LOL

Anyone know if it's been getting Melbourne/Sydney radio airplay?

Offline Droo

• Traffic Cop (Rue du Marais)
  • don't expect, suggest
« Reply #37 on: February 05, 2014, 05:15:03 PM »
It's #17 on the overall Canadian iTunes chart and is #1 on the Canadian Rock Charts.

Offline Philaboy1971

• Headache in a Suitcase
« Reply #38 on: February 06, 2014, 06:27:42 AM »
I hope it keeps climbing.

Offline Nagrom76

• Refugee
  • Bacon
« Reply #39 on: February 06, 2014, 06:38:36 AM »
Invisible is currently #1 on these iTunes Rock Charts:

US
France
Germany
Canada eh!
Belgium
Austria
Ireland
Italy
Luxembourg
Netherlands
Sweden
NZ
Portugal
Spain
Switzerland

Not bad I'd say ;)

Offline michaelz

• Wanderer
« Reply #40 on: February 06, 2014, 07:51:09 AM »
Rock has been dead for years.

Let's see if they can shake up mainstream charts and win over new, younger generation fans.

That would be a true comeback.

Otherwise, concerts are gonna be filled with 40+ fans looking to revisit their youth.  Not a bad thing, but don't think it's what they are looking for when they say they want to become "relevant" again.

Offline flopro

• Party Girl/Boy
  • The Edge is god... Bono's just a decoy...
« Reply #41 on: February 06, 2014, 08:04:22 AM »
Invisible is at 35 on iTunes at the moment, i'd love to see it get very high up on the charts! It might get some more downloads once the music video is out, which should be around any moment... Well the next few days anyway!

Offline mdmomof7

• Holy Joe
  • Im born again to the latest sound
« Reply #42 on: February 06, 2014, 08:09:45 AM »
Rock has been dead for years.

Let's see if they can shake up mainstream charts and win over new, younger generation fans.

That would be a true comeback. 

Otherwise, concerts are gonna be filled with 40+ fans looking to revisit their youth.  Not a bad thing, but don't think it's what they are looking for when they say they want to become "relevant" again.

Comeback?  ???

Offline TheEnd

• Refugee
« Reply #43 on: February 06, 2014, 08:09:55 AM »

Wow...I respect that you have your own personal taste in music but I would surely think that if anyone remotely liked Invisible they would have been at least fond of Beautiful Day. I'm pretty shocked to be honest. I realize that they are not the same exact style of song but they do have a lot more similarities than differences. Very surprising to me.

I find Beautiful Day very off putting and awkward, both lyrically and musically. I really don't like it and after almost 14 years I doubt I ever will. Invisible does have a bit of that soaring anthem sound but I would strongly disagree with your assessment that they're more similar than different.

Offline AchtungPop

• Staring at the Sun
  • Walk On
« Reply #44 on: February 06, 2014, 08:39:01 AM »
While talking about charting, "The Joshua Tree" has re-entered the Billboard 200 at #47. It was/is on promo for $3.99 at Google Play/Amazon mp3, so I assume that is why.