Author Topic: Duplicate threads of duplicate threads  (Read 1199 times)

Offline briscoetheque

• Traffic Cop (Rue du Marais)
  • R-E-S-T-E-C-P
Duplicate threads of duplicate threads
« on: February 06, 2014, 03:03:22 PM »
Hiya mods, I've not dropped the f bomb in sometime so hopefully I can stick my head in here and be somewhat constructive.

We've got clear(ish) 'don't be a d**k' rules now but does that also include 'don't be a d**k by starting 29 new threads when a perfectly good one already exists'?

The invisible thread pandemic is out of control and impossible to follow. The same things are being posted in multiple places and it's just useless.

I know merges and splits are a hassle but it's starting to get like interference on the main board.

And yes. I do get the irony in starting another thread to whinge about it.

Offline GardenTart

• Elevated
  • Little and little they robbed and stole...
Re: Duplicate threads of duplicate threads
« Reply #1 on: February 06, 2014, 03:11:00 PM »
I'm with you BriscoE.

Offline Midnight is Where the Day Begins

• Genius of Compression
  • Oh it's time, it's time, it's IeTOUR time!!
« Reply #2 on: February 06, 2014, 03:28:19 PM »
Yeah i agree (even if im one of the culprits). I cant even remember the ones ive read and the ones i have anymore

Offline m2

• Administrator
  • Desert Rose
  • I love the smell of fresh forum killspam.
« Reply #3 on: February 06, 2014, 04:47:10 PM »
Yep, kinda difficult to follow. No argument there.

OTOH, let's say we have one general commentary thread, one Appreciation thread and one "hate it" thread. Wouldn't it be awfully rigid/uptight for us to tell everyone to only post in those three threads? I imagine a lot of you would want to give us a collective middle finger. :)

The way I look at it is that it's been five years since U2 has put new songs out, and now we have two in the span of a couple months. So people are gonna be excited to talk more. And as far as I can tell, no one's intent is to abuse the system and no one has been injured or insulted by having more threads about "Invisible" than we might normally have.

If it becomes a problem, we'll deal with it. I don't think it's one now.

Offline Belisama

• Original of the Species
« Reply #4 on: February 06, 2014, 05:21:26 PM »
Great idea. . . if we are getting this many new threads about just one song, think about multiplying that for a new album and then for every song on the album and then for every "New Song" vs. "An Old Song" thread. . . it gets over whelming. A little streamlining here would be a good thing.