Author Topic: U2 fan subscriber special- chance to seeu2 this weekend in NY  (Read 21663 times)

Offline dwaltman

• Staring at the Sun
U2 fan subscriber special- chance to seeu2 this weekend in NY
« on: February 13, 2014, 05:47:16 PM »
Just got email for random drawing for U2.com subscribers to see a special performance by U2 on sun or mon

Offline TheU2Ken

• Traffic Cop (Rue du Marais)
  • To tell the truth, this could be the last time
Re: U2 fan subscriber special- chance to seeu2 this weekend in NY
« Reply #1 on: February 13, 2014, 05:50:40 PM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
Just got email for random drawing for U2.com subscribers to see a special performance by U2 on sun or mon
I didn't get it  :(

Offline mdmomof7

• Holy Joe
  • Im born again to the latest sound
« Reply #2 on: February 13, 2014, 05:52:18 PM »
Me either. I wonder if it's geographical?

If so, they'll be in NYC and I can get there! Come on U2.com!!!!

Offline TheU2Ken

« Reply #3 on: February 13, 2014, 05:53:19 PM »
can you post the email dwaltman?

Offline dwaltman

• Staring at the Sun
« Reply #4 on: February 13, 2014, 06:02:03 PM »
can you post the email dwaltman?

I tried but when I click on the insert image icon I only get the html code for img.

Offline TheU2Ken

« Reply #5 on: February 13, 2014, 06:03:46 PM »
looked at Interference and it indeed looks like NYC peeps got the email

did it say anything else?

Offline dwaltman

• Staring at the Sun
« Reply #6 on: February 13, 2014, 06:11:40 PM »
Here is the text:

Dear Dave,

If you are free and can get to New York on Sunday (4PM - 7PM) or Monday (4PM - 7PM), you and a friend could be a guest of U2.com at a special U2 performance.

So if you are prepared to wrap up warm and brave the elements for this unique event, please reply using this form indicating which night you'd like to come and if you will be bringing a friend. Please also include your U2.com details.

YOU MUST REPLY BY 5PM EST FRIDAY.

We have a limited number of places available and these will be chosen at random from those who reply.

If your name is selected you'll receive an email, later on Friday, with instructions on where you need to be and when. And on Sunday or Monday, you and your guest will get to see the band play.

best wishes
The U2.com Team.

Offline TheU2Ken

« Reply #7 on: February 13, 2014, 06:14:06 PM »
Here is the text:

Dear Dave,

If you are free and can get to New York on Sunday (4PM - 7PM) or Monday (4PM - 7PM), you and a friend could be a guest of U2.com at a special U2 performance.

So if you are prepared to wrap up warm and brave the elements for this unique event, please reply using this form indicating which night you'd like to come and if you will be bringing a friend. Please also include your U2.com details.

We have a limited number of places available and these will be chosen at random from those who reply.

If your name is selected you'll receive an email, later on Friday, with instructions on where you need to be and when. And on Sunday or Monday, you and your guest will get to see the band play.

best wishes
The U2.com Team.
WOAH. JEALOUS! HOPE YOU WIN  :D :)

could this be new album news?!?!

Offline dwaltman

• Staring at the Sun
« Reply #8 on: February 13, 2014, 06:22:42 PM »
I didn't get selected for the U2 by U2 book signing so I hope I have better luck this time!  It just so happens our winter break (I teach HS) starts Monday so it couldn't be better timing.  No winter storm in the forecast either!

I am a bit confused by the "please include your U2.com details" part.  There is no place on the page to do this, although you do have to be signed into your u2.com account to access the page so I'm guessing my answers to which day and guest questions are tagged with my details.

It also seems to take multiple "entries" so I did 2, one for Sunday and one for Monday.  I don't think bombarding them with 100's of submissions will help.

Offline Messenger

• Running to Stand Still
  • The universe is beautiful but cold.
« Reply #9 on: February 13, 2014, 06:23:17 PM »
Here is the text:

Dear Dave,

best wishes
The U2.com Team.

Well, I doubt it's a press conference. It says performance. It's still pretty damn exciting. Guy's influence again no doubt. I wonder if he's read the posts here about U2.com membership "perks".

Offline TheU2Ken

« Reply #10 on: February 13, 2014, 06:25:08 PM »
Here is the text:

Dear Dave,

best wishes
The U2.com Team.

Well, I doubt it's a press conference. It says performance. It's still pretty damn exciting. Guy's influence again no doubt. I wonder if he's read the posts here about U2.com membership "perks".
wonder if they could have a special performance in Atlanta  ::)

I didn't get selected for the U2 by U2 book signing so I hope I have better luck this time!  It just so happens our winter break (I teach HS) starts Monday so it couldn't be better timing.  No winter storm in the forecast either!

I am a bit confused by the "please include your U2.com details" part.  There is no place on the page to do this, although you do have to be signed into your u2.com account to access the page so I'm guessing my answers to which day and guest questions are tagged with my details.

It also seems to take multiple "entries" so I did 2, one for Sunday and one for Monday.  I don't think bombarding them with 100's of submissions will help.
here's praying you get in. would be good to a have a first hand account!

Offline TheU2Ken

« Reply #11 on: February 13, 2014, 06:26:42 PM »
btw if anyone here gets a ticket, you know you have a FRIEND in Ken  ;D

Offline BalconyTV

• Numb
« Reply #12 on: February 13, 2014, 06:27:51 PM »
Im in New York, can you share the link to the form. Please :-)

Offline dwaltman

• Staring at the Sun
« Reply #13 on: February 13, 2014, 06:29:41 PM »
My thoughts....

I'm thinking they want to do a promotion and rehearse for JF on Sunday.  The Monday performance may be for JF but I doubt it only because it says that you have to be prepared to wrap up and be warm and brave the elements.  So not sure why U2 would want to play outside in this weather but if I'm selected I will be surely be there!  There may be another announcement....tour, possibly.

Maybe waiting outside in line for performance inside....I guess that is a possibility too.
« Last Edit: February 13, 2014, 06:32:59 PM by dwaltman »

Offline TheU2Ken

« Reply #14 on: February 13, 2014, 06:33:03 PM »
My thoughts....

I'm thinking they want to do a promotion and rehearse for JF on Sunday.  The Monday performance may be for JF but I doubt it only because it says that you have to be prepared to wrap up and be warm and brave the elements.  So not sure why U2 would want to play outside in this weather but if I'm selected I will be surely be there!  There may be another announcement....tour, possibly.
Live from Under Brooklyn Bridge #2

there's no way they'd do this just because.