Author Topic: U2 fan subscriber special- chance to seeu2 this weekend in NY  (Read 21838 times)

Offline Messenger

• Running to Stand Still
  • The universe is beautiful but cold.
Re: U2 fan subscriber special- chance to seeu2 this weekend in NY
« Reply #15 on: February 13, 2014, 06:37:12 PM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
My thoughts....

I'm thinking they want to do a promotion and rehearse for JF on Sunday.  The Monday performance may be for JF but I doubt it only because it says that you have to be prepared to wrap up and be warm and brave the elements.  So not sure why U2 would want to play outside in this weather but if I'm selected I will be surely be there!  There may be another announcement....tour, possibly.

Maybe waiting outside in line for performance inside....I guess that is a possibility too.

Yeah my guess is you'd be waiting outside.

Offline dwaltman

• Staring at the Sun
« Reply #16 on: February 13, 2014, 06:44:01 PM »
The more I think about it, I think it's probably a rehearsal then the taping.  You probably have to stay in line outside and they will bring in U2 fans for the performance only.

I'm not sure if JF is using the same studio but his Late Night studio had a balcony above the stage where they often put fans of the performer. 

Even if I had to stand outside in line for 2.5 hours to see 1 song, it would be fun to have that unique U2 experience!

**Update:  Just saw that JF is in a new studio (6B instead of 6A) but they built an exact replica of his current studio so the viewing areas above the stage will still be there.  Any one want to bet an over/under on how many times I will check my email after 5pm tomorrow night?

« Last Edit: February 13, 2014, 06:57:22 PM by dwaltman »

Offline TheU2Ken

• Traffic Cop (Rue du Marais)
  • To tell the truth, this could be the last time
« Reply #17 on: February 13, 2014, 06:45:05 PM »
The more I think about it, I think it's probably a rehearsal then the taping.  You probably have to stay in line outside and they will bring in U2 fans for the performance only.

I'm not sure if JF is using the same studio but his Late Night studio had a balcony above the stage where they often put fans of the performer. 

Even if I had to stand outside in line for 2.5 hours to see 1 song, it would be fun to have that unique U2 experience!
:-\ that sounds plausible. I did love his Late Night stage

Offline Messenger

• Running to Stand Still
  • The universe is beautiful but cold.
« Reply #18 on: February 13, 2014, 06:59:32 PM »
Yeah if they'll be in town rehearsing all day why not get some extra buzz and fan (and website!) goodwill by playing a few songs for the locals. Quite cool and quite jealous.

Offline mdmomof7

• Holy Joe
  • Im born again to the latest sound
« Reply #19 on: February 13, 2014, 07:52:35 PM »
Western NY is likely 3-4 hrs from NYC and that would be the same for me. We should get the chance too!! And remember, U2 played live at Fordham in the Bronx for NLOTH. Maybe they will play there for this.

Offline bonofaninaustin

• Party Girl/Boy
  • Time leaves us polished stones
« Reply #20 on: February 13, 2014, 08:26:23 PM »
Western NY is likely 3-4 hrs from NYC and that would be the same for me. We should get the chance too!! And remember, U2 played live at Fordham in the Bronx for NLOTH. Maybe they will play there for this.
By car, NYC is about 7 Hours from Western NY but still did only NYC residents get the email? I would have bought a flight from TX for this chance.

zootv

« Reply #21 on: February 13, 2014, 08:30:23 PM »
I'm glad it's only open to NYC subscribers. There's a limited amount of spots and people would flake out and not show up, especially if they're coming cross country. Not to mention the crazy weather we've been having impacting travel.

Offline mdmomof7

• Holy Joe
  • Im born again to the latest sound
« Reply #22 on: February 13, 2014, 08:30:46 PM »
I do not know and am not happy!!

Offline missey

• Child of Grace
U2.com Invitation
« Reply #23 on: February 13, 2014, 10:33:12 PM »
Just received this email from U2.com. 

If you are free and can get to New York on Sunday (4PM - 7PM) or Monday (4PM - 7PM), you and a friend could be a guest of U2.com at a special U2 performance.

So if you are prepared to wrap up warm and brave the elements for this unique event, please reply using this form indicating which night you'd like to come and if you will be bringing a friend. Please also include your U2.com details.

YOU MUST REPLY BY 5PM EST FRIDAY.

We have a limited number of places available and these will be chosen at random from those who reply.

If your name is selected you'll receive an email, later on Friday, with instructions on where you need to be and when. And on Sunday or Monday, you and your guest will get to see the band play.

best wishes
 The U2.com Team.

U2 ONLINE    
Store

Offline BalconyTV

• Numb
Re: U2.com Invitation
« Reply #24 on: February 13, 2014, 10:38:16 PM »
Do you plan on applying? Because I live in NYC and would happily take it up.

Offline codeguy

• Elevated
  • If there is a light, don't let it go out
« Reply #25 on: February 13, 2014, 11:00:25 PM »
Huh? They will be in New York for the tonight show, but I thought that was Tuesday. Are they planning something else? This doesn't seem to make sense. If they play a concert and no new material, it'll disappoint. If they play new material, they risk it being bootlegged.

There must be a video shoot or something else in this........this is not normal behavior.....

Offline fresno dave

• Intellectual Tortoise
  • "You wanted violins.." about.me/davewainscott
« Reply #26 on: February 13, 2014, 11:07:27 PM »
Huh? They will be in New York for the tonight show, but I thought that was Tuesday. Are they planning something else? This doesn't seem to make sense. If they play a concert and no new material, it'll disappoint. If they play new material, they risk it being bootlegged.

There must be a video shoot or something else in this........this is not normal behavior.....
i  the tonight show is Monday , so this is probably a rehearsal and the show

Offline missey

• Child of Grace
« Reply #27 on: February 13, 2014, 11:34:52 PM »
Yes, I definitely want to go. I applied for Sunday. It's probably the rehearsal and then Monday is the show

Offline ABLE-U2

• Wanderer
« Reply #28 on: February 14, 2014, 12:26:50 AM »
Damn I wish I lived in New York! :'(

Offline Smithy

• Party Girl/Boy
« Reply #29 on: February 14, 2014, 12:30:26 AM »
once again a great sign that they are getting more involved with their fan base, looking forward to seeing many great things to come!