Author Topic: U2 fan subscriber special- chance to seeu2 this weekend in NY  (Read 21889 times)

Offline Starman

• Drowning Man/Woman
Re: U2 fan subscriber special- chance to seeu2 this weekend in NY
« Reply #150 on: February 16, 2014, 09:46:23 PM »
So why was this filmed?

Offline Smithy

• Party Girl/Boy
« Reply #151 on: February 16, 2014, 10:50:00 PM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
So why was this filmed?

Well it was a rehearsal so that would also apply to the camera crew aswell :)

Offline m2

• Administrator
  • Desert Rose
  • I love the smell of fresh forum killspam.
« Reply #152 on: February 16, 2014, 11:22:36 PM »
We're told that it was taped because they're not certain if the weather will be good enough to do it again tomorrow. If it is good enough, they'll do a different song (probably OL). If not, they got something on film that can be used if they so choose.

Offline Smithy

• Party Girl/Boy
« Reply #153 on: February 16, 2014, 11:53:23 PM »
We're told that it was taped because they're not certain if the weather will be good enough to do it again tomorrow. If it is good enough, they'll do a different song (probably OL). If not, they got something on film that can be used if they so choose.

I see, I didn't really take that into account because I thought the whole show including its performances would be live as it goes to air.

Offline m2

• Administrator
  • Desert Rose
  • I love the smell of fresh forum killspam.
« Reply #154 on: February 17, 2014, 12:17:31 AM »

I see, I didn't really take that into account because I thought the whole show including its performances would be live as it goes to air.

Yeah, that would seem to be how they'd want to do it. And the crew that explained it that way might've just been making stuff up. Who knows. We'll find out tomorrow, I guess.

Offline U2-obsessed and proud

• Drowning Man/Woman
  • Let The Rain come down, make a brand new ground
« Reply #155 on: February 17, 2014, 06:38:09 AM »
Guys. Unreal experience. Look for a fool with no gloves standing front row dead center  ;)

Offline Smithy

• Party Girl/Boy
« Reply #156 on: February 17, 2014, 06:59:42 AM »
Guys. Unreal experience. Look for a fool with no gloves standing front row dead center  ;)

standard question for you.. does it sound 100x better live!?

Offline PowerSurge

• Headache in a Suitcase
  • Hello Hello
« Reply #157 on: February 17, 2014, 07:16:28 AM »

standard question for you.. does it sound 100x better live!?

Great question though...how did the live arrangement sound? Oh, and I'm sure that if I was there I would have looked like an even bigger fool! Nice to hear that you had a great experience.

Offline Unforgettable

• Babyface
U2 fan subscriber special- chance to seeu2 this weekend in NY
« Reply #158 on: February 17, 2014, 08:34:39 AM »

What a great feeling that must have been, to be a part of that!! Congrats!!
« Last Edit: February 17, 2014, 11:36:40 AM by Unforgettable »

Offline Messenger

• Running to Stand Still
  • The universe is beautiful but cold.
« Reply #159 on: February 17, 2014, 09:39:23 AM »

Didn't you sign an NDA? I'm not sure you should be telling that you weren't wearing any gloves.

zootv

« Reply #160 on: February 17, 2014, 10:18:09 AM »

Didn't you sign an NDA? I'm not sure you should be telling that you weren't wearing any gloves.

If it was just a dress rehearsal  than why would anyone see you? Are you saying it was more than a dress rehearsal without actually saying so? ;) I guess I'll find out for myself shortly :) I too, will not be wearing gloves.

Offline Unforgettable

• Babyface
« Reply #161 on: February 17, 2014, 11:37:45 AM »
So how was it?? How did it sound and did they look relaxed and all set to go on tour??

Offline Jono

• Running to Stand Still
  • Nice job by #MoteeShoe
« Reply #162 on: February 17, 2014, 12:12:25 PM »

that would only be for DNA

zootv

« Reply #163 on: February 17, 2014, 12:27:51 PM »
I'm on line now. Only about 10 people here so far.

Offline miryclay

• Up With the Sun
« Reply #164 on: February 17, 2014, 12:29:11 PM »
Hey Everyone,

I just wanted to share my 30 Rock experience which was ill-fated. Some u2 friends and I drove down to 30 Rock yesterday and arrived at around 1:00PM. We were hoping for an outdoor rink experience but our intel was sorrily wrong. When we got there we sleuthed around for some info and ended up seeing Sam O' Sullivan and Joe O' H around but they wren't telling. There was some random marching band there but there was plenty of crazy-ness at 30 Rock. Think Sweetest Thing video. We waited around this mysterious empty store for about an hour or two while some NBC interns started managing the situation. Security was uber-tight and being on the list was mandatory. There was between 75-to 100 fans there and some obvious NBC email listers as well. We would have got in some of U2's people were around but NBC crew was towing the line and letting 'no-one' in.

The email listers were brought into a room like cattle de-briefed and phones checked etc., etc. Then they were moved up to the 30 Rock observation elevator 10 by 10. Yesterday was just a filming with the real action happening today. Today there is going to be the show taping and probably the U2 outdoor taping as well. It was one of those days when even the most persistent and audacious fans get denied. It wasn't really a fan show more of a promo taping with a few CGI people in the background. It could be possible that these songs will be on JF's website or run over the credits. I would imagine time is going to be really tight on the show so I would be surprised if they got to play two songs. But you never know, this is u2. I'd imagine tonights show will feature some great skyline shots with u2 playing a la the Clarence in 2000.

Oh and codeguy, I only really liked you for your email! :)