Author Topic: When will the tour be announced  (Read 4397 times)

Offline bonofaninaustin

• Party Girl/Boy
  • Time leaves us polished stones
When will the tour be announced
« on: February 13, 2014, 08:45:22 PM »
Who knows when the tour is likely to be announced? Does the band typically announce the tour before or after the first single or the album is released? So with June being the likely month for the album to be released...can we expect a tour starting in July?
« Last Edit: February 13, 2014, 08:46:16 PM by bonofaninaustin »

Offline Chargedvt

• Intellectual Tortoise
Re: When will the tour be announced
« Reply #1 on: February 13, 2014, 11:27:11 PM »
Assuming we're getting an album in June, I'd expect a tour announcement in July with the tour starting September or October.

Offline kevc

• Intellectual Tortoise
« Reply #2 on: February 15, 2014, 01:49:04 PM »
Personally I think the album is looking iffy for the summer, I'm reckoning October, if the tour is indoor (inc europe) this takes us through to beg of 2015 for the tour to hit the UK / Europe.

Assume tour announcement comes after the album is released, U2 don't tend to sell tickets too far in advance of a tour so announcement to 1st live date will be relatively short.

Hope i'm wrong though, loving Invisible as a teaser and 5 years is a long wait for an album (even by U2 standards)

Weird how there isn't a huge amount of massive gigs planned through this summer, normally there a host of big hitters and i dont count 1D as a big hitter.

Offline mdmomof7

• Holy Joe
  • Im born again to the latest sound
« Reply #3 on: February 15, 2014, 05:03:16 PM »
Then why all these US appearances?

Offline boom boom

• Running to Stand Still
« Reply #4 on: February 28, 2014, 05:40:13 AM »
Don' know when but has anyone made a bid on a signed Bono sunglasses with a chance to picked them up with a friend backstage at a U2 show from Bono in the UK on their next European Tour for the UK charity Sport Relief.  Maybe this is a good sign that the album and tour is coming soon!!

Offline mdmomof7

• Holy Joe
  • Im born again to the latest sound
« Reply #5 on: February 28, 2014, 08:19:57 AM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
Don' know when but has anyone made a bid on a signed Bono sunglasses with a chance to picked them up with a friend backstage at a U2 show from Bono in the UK on their next European Tour for the UK charity Sport Relief.  Maybe this is a good sign that the album and tour is coming soon!!

Never heard of it, but found this.

The current bid for a show meet and greet w/ Bono and taking home his glasses is 3,333 GBP!  8)
« Last Edit: February 28, 2014, 08:45:16 AM by mdmomof7 »