Author Topic: Hello from Kansas City, Missouri  (Read 647 times)

Offline aviastar

• Party Girl/Boy
  • Feel like trash...you make me feel clean
Hello from Kansas City, Missouri
« on: February 14, 2014, 02:15:59 PM »
I am 34 and have been a die-hard U2 fan since my dad bought me the Joshua Tree LP on the day that it dropped.  He was a radio DJ while putting himself through law school, and had seen U2 in a very early US tour stop in my hometown of Buffalo, NY (at Shea's in '83).  He always made sure my brother and I had loads of records...and had set up his stereo system in our bedroom - we had a lot of radio station promo records in our collection.

I saw them live in Saint Louis in 2011 - I waited 11 hours outside in the sweltering July heat to get into the inner circle of the claw on the 360 tour and was about 10 rows back dead center in front of Bono and the boys.

I love this band, even when I think one of their albums is not up to snuff (in fairness, their albums fall into two categories for me: immediate likes, or slow-burns that I come around to after a while).  I really, really enjoyed No Line and am eager to hear there new album... ::)
« Last Edit: February 14, 2014, 02:18:15 PM by aviastar »

Offline lorijane

• Airborne Ranger
  • We picked the right band
Re: Hello from Kansas City, Missouri
« Reply #1 on: February 14, 2014, 04:49:00 PM »
Welcome to a fellow Midwesterner! (I'm from nebraska.) you dad sounds like a cool guy!