Poll

Do You Consider U2 To Be The Greatest Live Music Act Of All Time?

Yes
No

Author Topic: Do You Consider U2 To Be The Greatest Live Music Act Of All Time?  (Read 8801 times)

Offline So Cruel

• Elevated
  • it ain't no sin to be glad that you're alive
Re: Do You Consider U2 To Be The Greatest Live Music Act Of All Time?
« Reply #90 on: February 24, 2014, 03:33:06 PM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
The thing with people is, you can't pinpoint a definitive GREATEST LIVE ACT EVER, as tastes and variations in performance will dictate differing answers even from the same person.

Some of the great live acts are unknown to the majority of people, for example non-English speaking performers, and there are many well known AND great live acts who you can only rank based on personal preference.

I think the best thing about is that you get to expand your knowledge and basis of judgement, and can keep your mind and taste fresh.

Another thought that occured is, one will likely not find the best live performances among those that happened to sell a product or a brand, but among those that came from a love of music and the urge of necessity of an artistic statement.

Pretty much echoes how I feel.
the question wasn't 'who is your favorite' it was 'who is the greatest' ..... I'd say it's hard to find an alternate measurement than lifetime ticket sales. The Beatles wouldn't be considered the greatest recording act of all time if they sold fewer records than another artist

Lifetime ticket sales amounts more to how long the band has been around, how many shows they've played, and how popular they've been then to how great a live performance they give.